Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

[Comic] Time Crash - Episode 5

What happens next? It's your choice.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to survive in Episode Six?

• Anne, the Patient (Postmodern Time ~ Australia, 1990 AD)
    • Bob, the Paramedic (Postmodern Time ~ Australia, 1990 AD)
    • Cougar Claw, the Lakota Princess (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)
    • Ferid, the Assassin (Ancient Middle-East ~ Persian Empire, 200 BC)
    • Jeremiah, the Old Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)
    • Rosette, the Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)
    • Santiago, the Lieutenant (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)
    • Sergei, the Commander (World War II ~ Soviet Union, 1940 AD)
    • Trigger, the Bandit (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)
  2. 2. Who do you want to survive in Episode Seven?

• Dereq, the Spaceship Captain (Space Age ~ Earth’s Orbit, 2200 AD)
    • Ghast, the Black Knight (Middle Ages ~ Scotland, 1300 AD)
    • Huang, the Apprentice (Mysterious Orient ~ Ming Dynasty China, 1500 AD)
    • Linda, the Hippie (Generation of Love ~ Sweden, 1960 AD)
    • Rhodos, the Aspiring Poet (Antiquity ~ Phoenicia, 1100 BC)
    • Vanya, the Explorer (Space Age ~ Earth’s Orbit, 2200 AD)
    • XETA, the Android (Space Age ~ Earth’s Orbit, 2200 AD)
    • Zhu Que, the Mystic (Mysterious Orient ~ Ming Dynasty China, 1500 AD)
  3. 3. What should happen with the elephants?

• Rhodos tames them.
    • Ghast scares them away.
    • Linda tells to leave them alone.

title5.png

Welcome to another iteration of Time Crash, where minifigs from different themes struggle to survive in a dimensional void.

This time the polls are divided into two, because the next two episodes will focus on half of the cast at a time. I hope this splitting will give you guys a chance to get to know the remaining characters better, and maybe find new favorites among them. However, the deaths won't stop even during this time, for two character from both groups must die, with a total of four lost when Episode 8 launches.

In today's episode, three more characters will lose their life, this time caused by a shocking chain of events. You will also see the results of last episode's polls come to life.

Enjoy!

time-ghast.pngGhast, the Black Knight (Middle Ages ~ Scotland, 1300 AD)

time-linda.pngLinda, the Hippie (Generation of Love ~ Sweden, 1960 AD)

time-rhodos.pngRhodos, the Aspiring Poet (Antiquity ~ Phoenicia, 1100 BC)

Linda had a hard time trying to convince the young man she had run into to sit at the back of her bicycle. The man behaved like he had never even seen such a contraption. This made Linda wonder again just where she had been whisked off to.

time5-linda1.png

“Oh come on! There’s nothing to be afraid of!” Linda encouraged the youngster, who just looked at her and the bike in bewilderment.

Out of a sudden, a door in the nearby ruined wall was slammed open. Linda’s jaw dropped open as she saw a knight in black run blindly past them.

time5-linda2.png

“Wait up!” she finally managed to shout.

The knight stopped and turned. Only then Linda saw the bloody sword the man was carrying, and instantly she regretted that she had caught his attention.

From the corner of her eye, the Swede saw the young man take an arrow from his quiver and raise his bow with shaking hands. The frightening knight just stared. It felt like an eternity had passed before Linda dared to speak again.

“So… Hi, I’m Linda! And this is… well, I don’t really know his name. Do you happen to know where we are?”

“Yes”, the knight groaned. He had a slight lisp, which made a confusing contrast with his dark demeanor.

“Oh, splendid!” Linda said, relieved. She had found someone who understood her.

“We are in hell!” the knight barked, and ran away. Hastily Linda grabbed her bike.

“Now get on or I’ll leave you here!” she said to the archer as she climbed on the saddle. She considered herself a patient girl, but she didn’t want to let the knight out of her sight, even if he happened to carry a bloody sword.

Much to her amazement, the young man quickly climbed behind her. Linda started peddling furiously to catch up with the knight. But soon the knight stopped at his own accord.

Linda couldn’t believe her eyes when she stopped the bike next to the knight. They had arrived to a small savannah where two large elephants stood majestically.

time5-linda3.png

time-dereq.pngDereq, the Spaceship Captain (Space Age ~ Earth’s Orbit, 2200 AD)

time-huang.pngHuang, the Apprentice (Mysterious Orient ~ Ming Dynasty China, 1500 AD)

time-vanya.pngVanya, the Explorer (Space Age ~ Earth’s Orbit, 2200 AD)

time-xeta.pngXETA, the Android (Space Age ~ Earth’s Orbit, 2200 AD)

time-zhuque.pngZhu Que, the Mystic (Mysterious Orient ~ Ming Dynasty China, 1500 AD)

Huang examined the carvings on the walls of the cave intensively. She desperately needed something else to think about besides the corpse of the beheaded witch. This place they had arrived in was a total mystery to her, and for once, her master Zhu Que was unable to answer her endless string of questions. But luckily she had someone else to get answers from now…

time5-huang1.png

“I do not know what all these little pictures mean”, Huang said, cocking her head.

“I do”, said the enigmatic Xe Ta in perfect Chinese. Huang smiled. She knew she could count on the man of iron. The others, her master Zhu Que, the bolsterous Dhe Leg and the pretty Hua Nya, gathered around Xe Ta

“These carvings depict a legend of a civilization known as Mu” Xe Ta explained, translating his words to the foreigners as well. “The legends tells that in the dawn of time, a Bright God ascended from the skies and gave people the gifts of thought, tongue and skill. But the mankind could not appreciate these gifts and they used them against each other. The wisest of the people fled the wars to another land which they named Mu, and while the warring people soon forgot all about the Bright God, the people of Mu always remembered.”

“So this is the creation tale of that civilization?” asked Hua Nya through Xe Ta. “Wow, I thought the whole Mu Continent was just a myth to begin with!”

time5-huang2.png

“Truth does not depend on what one believes”, Zhu Que mused.

“But I want to know what happened to this Bright God! Why didn’t he stop the people from fighting?” Huang exclaimed.

Xe Ta nodded and moved to another wall. “Here is the myth of the First One. He was a servant of the Bright God, and according to this scripture, the first one who was given these godly gifts. He also was the Speaker of the Bright God, and it says here that before the Bright God returned to the skies, the First One warned the people that if they ever force the Bright God to come back, he would take away all his gifts and lay waste of all lands.”

“How scary!” Huang moaned with chills running down her spine. “I hope that will never happen!”

“Hrumphf! Might as well already happened, looking at the situation we’re in!” Dhe Leg grunted.

Xe Ta did not reply. He just smiled like always, although Huang thought she saw a subtle change in the expression of the man of iron.

Suddenly Hua Nya said something and pointed deeper into the cave.

“She says she sees a faint light coming from there”, Xe Ta translated. “We should go see what causes it.”

The group huddled together and advanced to the depths of the cave. Eventually they came to a wider area with a door blocked by a few large boulders. The light was emanating from behind the door. And so were voices of people talking.

time5-huang3.png

time-anne.pngAnne, the Patient (Postmodern Time ~ Australia, 1990 AD)

time-ferid.pngFerid, the Assassin (Ancient Middle-East ~ Persian Empire, 200 BC)

time-jeremiah.pngJeremiah, the Old Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)

time-olaf.pngOlaf, Viking Chieftain (Viking Age ~ North Atlantic, 1000 AD)

time-thurbaldr.pngThurbaldr, the Viking (Viking Age ~ North Atlantic, 1000 AD)

time-uhla.pngUhla, the Shamaness (Prehistoric Era ~ Oceania, 8000 BC)

Olaf had taken over the small cabin next to the wreckage of his ship. It had been quite obvious to him that the cabin was his as well – he was a Viking chieftain, after all, and the others were just a bunch of foreigners.

time5-beach1.png

He had opened the single barrel of mead he had found from the ship. The strong beverage was quickly getting to his head, and it made the mighty chieftain feel horny. A wide grin spread across his face as he thought about the almost nude red-haired beauty that was resting just outside the cabin.

He stood up and went out. He slapped Thurbaldr, who was keeping watch next to the door, on the head.

“I’m going to get me some company”, the drunken chieftain ordered. “Don’t let anyone else in.”

---

Uhla tried to get some sleep, but it was really difficult in this unnatural silence. She had grown up surrounded by the sounds of the waves, the winds and the jungle. But now all she could hear was the breathing of the strange people around her.

As the shaman of her tribe, she knew all the myths and legends by heart. One particular myth kept coming to her mind, and the more she thought about it, the more she realized there was no other option. The Sun God had indeed returned from his heavenly abode, and brought doom upon all the people.

time5-beach2.png

Suddenly, a large, hairy hand covered her mouth, and a muscular arm lifted her up from the ground. As much as she struggled and screamed, Uhla couldn’t stop the barbaric man from dragging her into the wooden hut.

---

Having dozed off, Jeremiah woke up to muffled cries. When he opened his eyes to see the warrior with the golden helmet dragging the poor red-haired woman he had learned was named Uhla into the cabin.

“No!” the old pirate cried out, knowing well what the man was intending to do. But Jeremiah didn’t have the strength to rise up against the warrior, especially not when he had his tall guardian on his side.

time5-beach3.png

Anne had woken up to the hubbub as well, and Jeremiah ran to her. This all must be too much for her, Jeremiah thought. First the young man had been torn to pieces by the white light, then the kid had ran off and now this. Anne buried her face to the old man’s shirt, and Jeremiah felt tears staining it.

Out of nowhere, the sinister man with the black cloak appeared. He walked past Jeremiah and Anne, and headed straight at the cabin.

---

Thurbaldr closed his eyes, trying to shut out the voices that came through the door he guarded. This had been his life for as long as he had known it. Pillaging and raping, that was the way of the Vikings. And Thurbaldr knew no one who enjoyed the way more than Olaf Forgefire. Thurbaldr himself would’ve settled for a quiet life with his wife and baby son, but that had never been possible for him.

time5-beach4.png

Then the black-cloaked man suddenly stood in front of him, with a frightening look of determination in his dark eyes. He motioned for Thurbaldr to move aside. The warrior knew this man was going to kill Olaf. This was Thurbaldr’s chance to get rid of the tyrannous chieftain that had taken his chances for happiness from him.

But that was not the way. In his heart, Thurbaldr knew he was a coward who had been beaten up into following orders without question. Even this mad place, with these strange people, his fears wouldn’t give in. So he just shook his head and prepared to wrestle the dark man.

---

When the towering warrior refused to get out of the assassin’s way, Ferid let out a sigh. Why did these fools make it so easy for him?

In a blink of an eye, Ferid had thrust his dagger through the warrior’s bushy red beard and into his throat. The warrior’s eyes widened and he fell limp to the ground.

Ferid kicked the door of the cabin in, but he was too late. The woman laid dead and bare on the table. The knife flashed as it flew across the room.

time5-beach5.png

---

Anne shivered as the final scream echoed from the cabin.

“Hush ma’am, it’s over now”, the old man Jeremiah comforted her. “Let’s go find the exploration party and tell ‘em what’s happened. I’m sure we’ll find that kid of yer’s with ‘em.”

“Yes”, Anne replied. “Let’s do that. I want to get as far away from this horrible place as I can.”

She laid down on the stretchers, and Jeremiah began pushing them. As much as it pained her to think that, Anne wished death would come to her soon.

time5-beach6.png

time-bob.pngBob, the Paramedic (Postmodern Time ~ Australia, 1990 AD)

time-cougarclaw.pngCougar Claw, the Lakota Princess (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)

time-rosette.pngRosette, the Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)

time-santiago.pngSantiago, the Lieutenant (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)

time-sergei.pngSergei, the Commander (World War II ~ Soviet Union, 1940 AD)

time-trigger.pngTrigger, the Bandit (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)

“Yep, he’s dead alright”, the medic Bob said, having looked at the corpse of Parker. Cougar Claw hated to see innocent children die. She had already seen too many times.

time5-cougar1.png

Trigger, the man she passionately loved, shot the last of the snakes that still lingered about. Then he walked to Cougar Claw and embraced her tightly.

“You shouldn’t have to see this, darling” Trigger whispered to her ear.

“Nobody should”, Cougar Claw replied, pulling away from Trigger. “We should search the rest of these houses.”

“Yes”, said Sergei, the self-proclaimed leader of their group. “Santiago and Rosette, you take the big building there. Trigger, search the store vith Cougar Claw. Bob, ve take another look at the restaurant. And pjeople, vatch out for the snakes.”

time5-cougar2.png

The group quickly scattered around the surrounding houses. When she and Trigger stepped into the store, Cougar Claw was amazed of the sheer quality and quantity of the clothes it contained. She couldn’t resist the urge to touch the fine fabrics that were available in every color of the rainbow.

“Only the best for my love”, Trigger said, as if he was offering the clothes to her, making Cougar Claw giggle a little.

Some time later, they had gathered quite a lot of supplies on the street.

“How will we take all this back to the beach?” Rosette wondered.

“Don’t bother”, a voice said behind her. Everybody turned to see Jeremiah pulling Anne on the stretchers, with the dark man Ferid walking a short distance after them. “There’s nothing but death there.”

“Are the others…?” Bob asked. “Wow…”

Cougar Claw quickly covered the body of Parker with some of the clothes they had found from the store. She didn’t want Anne to see the body in the condition it was. But Anne had already seen enough, and the older woman burst into tears.

time5-cougar3.png

This brought Cougar Claw back to the day when a great tragedy had faced her father’s tribe. Most of the children of the tribe had been playing in the corn fields – except Cougar Claw, who had been sick that day. None of them ever came back alive. The palefaces refused to take blame. Cougar Claw still remembered the cries of the squaws in the village, the rage of the men, and the deep sadness that reflected in his father’s eyes. Ever since that day Cougar Claw had lead a sheltered life. She truly was her father’s only treasure, and she understood well why Dancing Mountain had been so enraged when Trigger had stolen her from him.

But that was all in the past now. Father was dead now, and Trigger was all Cougar Claw had left. She had to hold on to him.

That was it for this episode. Join us next time when there'll be pirates, pirates, pirates!

And just so you don't feel completely lost, here's the map of the Void Island again:

map.png

This is by far my favorite episode. I with Thundrbladrbladblabber hadn't died, and it was kind of stupid the way he did, but other than that this is awesome. Ferid is so in control it's intense. I hope we get another peiosde narrated by him shortly. I'd also like to see a bit of the power struggle between Sergei and.. well, anyone. Ferid and Anne should still become friends, and Ferid should still have a little evil for now. Those are my thoughts on that group.

As for the voting, it's hard. Each group has weeded out all stupid characters, and quite a few I liked. I'll have to think it over and get back to you. I also thought you said the deaths would tone down. Two from each group seems high. Maybe one from each group, or a total of three over the next two episodes would work.

Edited by Zepher

This is by far my favorite episode.

Thanks! :blush: I think the story is really picking up now, with most of the characters properly introduced.

I also thought you said the deaths would tone down. Two from each group seems high.

Well, it's two per episode from now on. And there's still new characters coming up, so I don't think the story will run out of characters any time soon. :tongue:

And here comes to the votes.

Group 1

My keepers from Group 1:

Ferid - Bad-megablocks. Want him to interact with Anne, and also want him to sometimes mess up and do the wrong thing becuae of his previous life before the time crash.

Anne - Old Dying women. Want her to do stuff before she dies, and I like her.

Jeremiah - Constant and good voice of reason. Great leader.

Couger Claw - Likeable, Trigger's Girlfriend

Sergei - I WANT HIM TO BE EVIL!!!!! I want him to twist the others, use them against each other, and really own over-all.

Trigger- Still the hero.

My non-keepers from Group 1:

Bob - Can someone say useless? Doesn't add anything to the story.

Rosette and Santigo - Since I can't possibly want them both to survive, they can both go. I wanted to see them try to get over their differences, but you haven't focused on that, so I've lose interest in them.

Group 2

Keepers:

Dereq - Want him to speak more. I think he should really be the leader of this group. He's the old salt and pepper hair'ed version of Han solo with just a little more class in my mind.

The Two Mystics - Cool. Know some good informaton, and could really help start to figure things out later.

XETA - Basically one of the few characters who makes this story move along. We need him. Anything to do with the dark past could be awesome. We still are missing his history. In fact, he's the only one missing a history.

Linda and Rhodos - Don't add much yet, but still want to learn more. Wouldn't be too sad if they were lost.

Ghast - We want Sergei to have a loyal henchman when he tries to crush the others.

Non-Keepers:

Vanya. Addes nothing. Boring.

On some more notes.

We know that the island that they're on is dangerous. Don't just base your stories around that. Start to evolve the island. I know Xeta's group is looking into it, but not too much. Maybe have Trigger's group look into it too. WE don't want just a survival story. This could be much more. Also have the groups mingle a bit. People in Xeta's group HAVE NEVER meet anyone in Trigger's group. Maybe invest in them meeting. You could use Linda's group to do that, Ghast has been with Xeta's group, and Rhodos has seen at least Trigger's group. We don't want two seperate stories, but rather one story, which can involve mulitple groups, but they should at least interact, or effect eachother.

-Zepher

Thanks for the comments again, Zepher, they're much appreciated and valued! :wub:

Rosette and Santigo - Since I can't possibly want them both to survive, they can both go. I wanted to see them try to get over their differences, but you haven't focused on that, so I've lose interest in them.

I warned you about this: there's just too many characters for me to focus on all of them at a time. Unsurprisingly, these two are the focus of the next episode. :tongue:

We know that the island that they're on is dangerous. Don't just base your stories around that. Start to evolve the island. I know Xeta's group is looking into it, but not too much. Maybe have Trigger's group look into it too. WE don't want just a survival story. This could be much more.

Patience... :wink: This story is totally more than just a survival struggle, that's just the frame in which the interactivity works in. Remember that my purpose is to see how this story will change upon which characters are chosen to live and die.

Also have the groups mingle a bit. People in Xeta's group HAVE NEVER meet anyone in Trigger's group. Maybe invest in them meeting. You could use Linda's group to do that, Ghast has been with Xeta's group, and Rhodos has seen at least Trigger's group. We don't want two seperate stories, but rather one story, which can involve mulitple groups, but they should at least interact, or effect eachother.

That's coming in Episode 8. :wink:

Fantastic episode Sandy, this was truly your best yet! Sorry about replying so late too, I'm horrible :cry_sad:

This one definitely left me the most intrigued, I'm getting a real LOST-with-actual-answers-to-the-mysteries here. I'm really sad Thubaldr died, I was really beginning to like him, and I didn't want Uhla to go either. Though awesomesauce use of the warped time setting by having XETA refer to the Mu civilisation that Uhla is a part of, great stuff. And sweet elephants too!

Liking Linda's part of the story, she's quite a funny character. Ferid remains a badass, I like his slice of honour given to him, as well as Jeremiah continuing to be awesome.

Cougar Claw became a character to follow in this story for me, I didn't like her before but her part of the story offers a unique point-of-view.

Anyway, as for my choices:

I want Anne, Cougar Claw, Ferid, Jeremiah and Trigger to survive in Ep 6.

I want Ghast, Huang, Linda, Vanya and XETA to survive in Ep 7.

I also want Rhodos to tame the elephants because deep down, we all want a pet elephant.

Thanks a heap for the story Sandy and looking forward to the next one!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I want to see Ghast scare the elephant! that'll be funny ^^ but it seems that Rhodos is going to tame them.. I hate poets! ^^

(Generation of Love ~ Sweden, 1960 BC)

I think you did an error there^^ I think it should be AD ? ^^

Edited by Guss

Thanks for the comments, guys! They really make me thrive to keep improving. :wink:

Cougar Claw became a character to follow in this story for me, I didn't like her before but her part of the story offers a unique point-of-view.

I try my best to add a unique twist to each of the characters, such as Anne's cancer, Eleanor's pregnancy, Ashton's madness, Ferid's will to die, Thurbaldr's strange obedience etc. Some of them just haven't had enough "screentime" to really show their originality.

I think you did an error there^^ I think it should be AD ? ^^

You're absolutely right, it was an honest mistake. All fixed now, thanks! :blush:

I'm closing this poll now, with 18 votes in, as I prepare to write the next two episodes.

So, according to your votes in the sixth episode we will say goodbye to Anne and Bob, while in the seventh episode we say the same to Vanya and Zhu Que. Also, the elephants are going to be tamed, as per your wish.

But fret not, new characters are prepared to take their place. :tongue: