KimT

Invasion Contest Discussion and Rules topic

A Western Death Star sounds awesome :wub:

Interesting contest KimT - very different and creative. Perhaps I'll whip something up.

Ok I finally also understand and will get working straight away. :vader: vs :knight:

One thing I hate is that I will need to count the bricks I use :cry_sad:

And as I indeed came up with the idea of a death star will you count that as a vehicle or would I get disqualified!

Ok I finally also understand and will get working straight away. :vader: vs :knight:

One thing I hate is that I will need to count the bricks I use :cry_sad:

And as I indeed came up with the idea of a death star will you count that as a vehicle or would I get disqualified!

That does depend on wether you're going to build an entire DS or not.

A vignette isn't allowed as you're supposed to build a vessel meaning vehicle, fighter, walker and stuff like that.

If you were to build let's say a small DS with 200+ parts, then you're good and in the clear.

Just one question: What do you mean by "existing or non-existing Star Wars fighter/vehicle"? As in SW vehicles that have and have not been released by TLC?

Since this question was posted, I've been doing some serious thinking (thanks :hmpf:) and therefore the following update has been made to the rules:

Breaking it all down!

The Contest Rules:

• Build a non-Star Wars themed vessel, depicting an existing or discontinued LEGO theme's version of any existing or non-existing Star Wars fighter/vehicle/whatever - and yes, Fabuland is a theme :tongue:

Is now:

• Build a non-Star Wars themed vessel, depicting an existing or discontinued LEGO theme's version of a Star Wars fighter/vehicle/whatever - and yes Fabuland is a theme :tongue

Meaning that you should 'copy' a craft into another theme.

Examples could be:

City Renovation AT-AT

Pirate Barracuda AT-TE

Western RGS

Ninja Stealth Falcon

Viking Y-Longboat

Any questions to this new change may be posted here and I'll answer as fast as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience and confusion this may cause :blush:

And no, the 'copied' craft does not have to have been released by TLG.

Anything Star Wars will do, as long as you provide info on the 'original' version.

Then the trick would be to have it look Star Wars-ish, wouldn't it?

There needed to be some challenge in this contest and this is it :tongue:

Good luck Mr Discuss It All.

:laugh: Alright, I get it!

Thanks for the title! :tongue:

Since this question was posted, I've been doing some serious thinking (thanks :hmpf:)

You're welcome. :tongue:

See, there's nothing wrong with discussing things. :wink:

Isn't close to six weeks enough?

How much time do you need?

Skipping food, friends and sleep is one way to gain more time to do this :devil:

Actually, I would love it if the deadline would be extended too. At least until sometime after June 20 because that's when my summer break starts. I already am skipping food, friends and sleep, and I still don't have any time. :sad: I'm in college after all! :tongue:

Make sure to post any future questions here, so we can clear the way for making entries as fast as possible. :thumbup:

Alright, well, I guess I have to honor my title as Mr. DIA, so here is another question:

I don't see any "Only one entry per person" rule. Does this go without saying these days, or does it mean that we can make as many entries as we like? :sweet: It would be great if we could, because it's hard to decide on a single theme to base your entry on. :wink:

Interesting contest KimT - very different and creative. Perhaps I'll whip something up.

Sorry, but I think it says that staff cannot enter this contest. :sceptic:

And yet, there is a space for staff entries in the entry thread... :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Alright, well, I guess I have to honor my title as Mr. DIA, so here is another question:

I don't see any "Only one entry per person" rule. Does this go without saying these days, or does it mean that we can make as many entries as we like? :sweet: It would be great if we could, because it's hard to decide on a single theme to base your entry on. :wink:

Sorry, but I think it says something about "no staff". :sceptic:

Damn you :laugh:

Only one entry per person is a rule and I'll add that now :blush:

Staff is allowed to enter, but they can't be voted for or win.

It's all a question of show-off...

I can't extend it. That would put us too close to the summer break and I'll be off from around the 30th and six weeks after.

Sorry about that.

I can give you 5 days and extend it to the 15th though, how does that sound?

This sounds... Intresting :tongue:

I'll see how i go. If i don't come up with anything good i may give this a miss... I'm kinda tied up a bit with studying... :sceptic:

I'll try though!

Meaning that you should 'copy' a craft into another theme.

Examples could be:

City Renovation AT-AT

Pirate Barracuda AT-TE

Western RGS

Ninja Stealth Falcon

Viking Y-Longboat

Can we do the oppisite? Like a Corasaunt City crane or something?

Can we do the oppisite? Like a Corasaunt City crane or something?

Which theme is doing the invading here?

The contest is the other way around.

You need to 'MOD' a Star Wars vehicle/fighter/vessel/stuff into another theme and have it invade the Star Wars Universe.

I don't see much invasion in a City Crane...

Only one entry per person is a rule and I'll add that now :blush:

Aw maaan! :cry_sad: Guess I'll have to make up my mind now. Oh well, I wont have the time to make multiple entries anyway.

I can't extend it. That would put us too close to the summer break and I'll be off from around the 30th and six weeks after.

Sorry about that.

I can give you 5 days and extend it to the 15th though, how does that sound?

Well, it wont do me much good as I will have finals around that time. :sceptic: But why not. Any extra time is welcome! :classic:

Which theme is doing the invading here?

The contest is the other way around.

You need to 'MOD' a Star Wars vehicle/fighter/vessel/stuff into another theme and have it invade the Star Wars Universe.

I don't see much invasion in a City Crane...

Yeah, I wouldn't do a crane, that was just an example, as i didn't want to give away my real idea :tongue:

I'm confused... If another theme is taking over star wars, shouldn't it be the other themes vehicle made star warsy, not a star wars vehicle made to look like another theme...

It's all a bit strange to me...

I'm confused... If another theme is taking over star wars, shouldn't it be the other themes vehicle made star warsy, not a star wars vehicle made to look like another theme...

You've got a point there, but since this is the Star Wars Forum, I think it needs to look Star Wars like and thus you're requested to do something that resembles a Star Wars craft in another theme's version.

Awesome! i love the idea of this contest, im going to start making an Indy themed ship! I have 4 indy sets so I should have a good chance!

You've got a point there, but since this is the Star Wars Forum, I think it needs to look Star Wars like and thus you're requested to do something that resembles a Star Wars craft in another theme's version.

Ok. I'll need to do some thinking then...

I disagree. Just imagine that you are a minifig living in one of the other themes and want to take over the SW theme. All you have to take it over with is bricks and pieces from your own theme, so you will have to use them. And in order to be able to conquer the awesome power of the SW vehicles, you'll have to "fight fire with fire" and make your own vehicle look like one of the SW vehicles.

Makes sense, no? :wink:

I disagree. Just imagine that you are a minifig living in one of the other themes and want to take over the SW theme. All you have to take it over with is bricks and pieces from your own theme, so you will have to use them. And in order to be able to conquer the awesome power of the SW vehicles, you'll have to "fight fire with fire" and make your own vehicle look like one of the SW vehicles.

Yeah, good point. I guess it can be seen from both ways... Hmmm, What can i do... :hmpf_bad::tongue:

What would I do without you :wub:

Thanks for making the idea of this contest so crystal clear :thumbup:

A great new contest KimT! I think it'll be Ninja's for me. Do Zombies and Steam Punk count as themes?

Edited by Skipper 24

A great new contest KimT! I think it'll be Ninja's for me. Do Zombies and Steam Punk count as themes?

They haven't been done by TLG, have they?

It has to be an existing theme or a discontinued theme.

Forestmen would do, zombies and steam punk don't.

Sorry.

Fair enough, didn't expect they would be. Just curious :classic: .

Edited by Skipper 24

I was half way through my entry, then you changed the rules! :hmpf_bad:

Now I need to think of some SW vehicles I could change....

What would I do without you :wub:

Thanks for making the idea of this contest so crystal clear :thumbup:

:grin: No problem!

I was half way through my entry, then you changed the rules! :hmpf_bad:

Now I need to think of some SW vehicles I could change....

Oops! I guess that's partly my fault. :blush: Sorry.

I don't mind Oky.

Can we MOD an existing vehicle so it looks different, but you can see the simalarity? I have a great idea. :classic:

Btw, Oky has a title!

EDIT: I just saw Oky's desciption. Damn I need to find some more pieces!

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Can we MOD an existing vehicle so it looks different, but you can see the simalarity? I have a great idea. :classic:

Yes you can. Just as long as it's seriously MOD'ed.

I'd love to see for example a Classic Space AT-AT or Millenium Falcon :wub:

Rebuilding a complete set where you've just replaced the colours isn't gonna cut it.

I have one question Kimt, I just finished making my indiana jones sail barge and the main body is still the same as the ordinary one, but ive added things like a sterring wheel, propellers, 2 anchors and a life boat towed to one side. Also ive changed the sails and made the turbolaser on the deck look like a ship gun. Would this be allowed in the constest? because the main body of the barge hasnt changed.

Post it and we'll see.

All entries posted until the deadline are considered WIPs, so there'll be plenty of time to work on it.