kris kelvin

Pirates Advent Calendar

The Castle event calendar had a complete turkey, furniture, fruits, fishies and cool minifigs.

The other guys are right, it didn't have a complete turkey (only a leg) and no fishies either. Only one apple, too. But you're right about the cool minifigs, though.

As for this Pirate Calendar, the lack of exclusive or "to-come" minifigs is really disappointing, but it's still a preliminary picture, so who knows what they might change before December! :wink:

Woah! Pics of the advent calendars already?? :pir-oh3: Cool!

What you've never seen these pics before? :tongue:

Yeah it looks good, only sad thing is that this probably means "No Castle Advent Calendar this year" :pir-cry_sad:

Wow. That looks great! I like the new swordfish, and the minifigs rock too. :thumbup: I never got the expensive sets, so I can now actually get Brick Beard! :pir-cry_happy:

Greetings,

JD

I'm American and Protestant, and I know what advent is. I think most americans know what an advent calendar is, but might not know exactly what advent is.

As to the calendar, I'm looking forward to it. I just hope it is available in the US this year, so I don't have to rely on a LEGO shipping snafu like I did for the Castle calendar last year. Based on last years prices and the current price hikes, if it is available in the USA, I suspect it will be in the neighborhood of 25-30 bucks but I'll still get it and the city calendar. My wife and I do the LEGO advent calendars every year, and between the 24 day experience, the neat figs and pieces and the insert tray which is great for sorting, we've never felt that the cost was too high.

This looks better than the castle advent calendar.

Edited by LegoKing

As for this Pirate Calendar, the lack of exclusive or "to-come" minifigs is really disappointing, but it's still a preliminary picture, so who knows what they might change before December! :wink:

It's worth noting that the Castaway comes with the semi-rare Dumbledore hair, as opposed to the rag-hat in Loot Island, which is a plus.

This looks like a great set to buy for minifigures but doesn't look like it has any pirate-y accesories. I do like that swordfish :pir-tongue:

There'll be plenty. Each minifig will take up one day, as will the swordfish and the raft shown. The monkey will probably be on its own, with the banana. That's 11 days, leaving 14 for various accessories. As each minifig comes with a weapon, each of the remaining 14 days will be small Impulse-style builds :pir-wub:

I think the value on BL of some of these minifigs will drop, so that's a good thing too!

Looks really good. Wish it had come with an admiral though. apart from that i feel it'll be as good as the castle one. can't wait to see what accessories there will be!

Remember that this is preliminary box art. The final figures may change. And also, it's not a swordfish. Looks more like a sawtooth shark Much like the shark from the old sets.

Very cool though! I hope to see some great pieces in here. (and hopefully a hint at things to come.)

This pirate advent calendar is great! I only hope that it's going to be available in the US. If not, I can predict that LEGO will lose over $1,000,000...

Wow. That looks great! I like the new swordfish, and the minifigs rock too. :thumbup: I never got the expensive sets, so I can now actually get Brick Beard! :pir-cry_happy:

Greetings,

JD

It's the same for me! The only sets that I got were the smallest three, so I'm excited that you can get all of the expensive minifigures for only around $30! :pir_laugh2:

Now I'm thinking of it, an Admiral would have been a nice addition, or an extra soldier!

But we can't have them all. And now we have an idea about the minifigs content but what about the accessories?

As each minifig comes with a weapon, each of the remaining 14 days will be small Impulse-style builds :pir-wub:

Actually, there's only 24 days, not 25. :wink:

I'm hoping that the remaining days have some good accessories in them, like some gold pieces or a treasure chest, as I don't have any of them yet. :pir_laugh2:

I'm hoping that the admiral figure or something like him will be in the set. Nothing too special in the set otherwise...

This is just a test picture, since the city calendar appearently is only at the artwork stage.

TT

I'm hoping that the admiral figure or something like him will be in the set. Nothing too special in the set otherwise...

This is just a test picture, since the city calendar appearently is only at the artwork stage.

TT

But they displayed some of the presents availiable inside the City Advent Calendar at the Toy Fair!

However, they didn't display the Pirates Advent Calendar, so maybe you're right.

I hope it is available in the US! I would buy a couple for sure.

Furthermore, I think the one thing we are all missing is that this is a sign that there are more pirate sets yet to come. If they are making a pirate advent calender, I think an easy assumption would be that part two of the new pirate line might be available for Chistmas as well?

FINGERS CROSSED!

I think an easy answer would be the see how the old pirates sets were released, and how much time came in between them? Where can we find this info?

-Super

hah, the City advent calendar of last year is what got me back into collecting/building with Legos. This is awesome.

Remember that this is preliminary box art. The final figures may change.

Leave out the castaway and the siren: 6 figs look almost exactly like those in the 6253 Shipwreck's hideout.

So I strongly hope some figs change!

Great! More sets! I agree with martin, there must be some new pirates sets coming our way! great find, kris!

YAHOO!

i'm havin' a party at my place, me and my minifigs

The link doesn't seem to work, it just takes me to some website in a language (Slovenian, I think) I don't understand.

Anyway, I've already seen the picture and the calendar looks great. It's good to see the wench and mermaid both making more appearances since I don't want to spend so much on Brickbeard's Bounty. The swordfish look neat.

I don't why some people are complaining about not getting a Castle calendar this year- we just got one last year! And, it wasn't even "officially" available in the States. TLG can't make all the themes' calendars in year, just Town and another theme.

The link doesn't seem to work, it just takes me to some website in a language (Slovenian, I think) I don't understand.

Anyway, I've already seen the picture and the calendar looks great. It's good to see the wench and mermaid both making more appearances since I don't want to spend so much on Brickbeard's Bounty. The swordfish look neat.

I don't why some people are complaining about not getting a Castle calendar this year- we just got one last year! And, it wasn't even "officially" available in the States. TLG can't make all the themes' calendars in year, just Town and another theme.

Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its obviously not Slovenian, its Slovakian ! Look at the flag in the left corner.

There needs to be a facebook group ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8224530788 ) because we often get confused like this :pir_laugh2:

Buy a globe or smtin.

Ontopic, i'm really looking forward to pirate advent calendars. They should be great even without 'special' minifigs or accessories. Im getting more then just one, thats for sure. :pir-skull:

Leave out the castaway and the siren: 6 figs look almost exactly like those in the 6253 Shipwreck's hideout.

So I strongly hope some figs change!

I really hope we get a revamped Islander in the final set.

i love it. i'll definitely buy a couple just to have some more mermaids. i kinda wish the head on the soldier was not the same black mustache head, though, as it is so ubiquitous in the current castle line and especially in pirates. it also would have been nice if one of the figs would have been entirely new, but that's probably me being spoiled after the awesome castle advent calendar

I might pick up the calender on Ebay. Depends on how much money I can muster after Christmas though.