pedro

Clone Heavy Weapon MOCs

indexed.gif

Hey,

Inspired by the Clone Wars episode Ambush, I decided to build some clone heavy weapons and arm up a couple of my troops similar to the way the heroes were in the show.

heavy-01.jpg

I like the simplicity of the clone rocket launcher used in the episode - which bears a lot of resemblance to modern day bazookas - and wanted to recreate it at minifig scale. I was tried various different parts for a while 'til I came up with the very simple solution shown here.

heavy-02.jpg

I managed to get the weapons positioned nicely on the clones' backs.

heavy-03.jpg

I've seen a couple of Z-6's floating around already but thought I'd try my own version from scratch.

heavy-05.jpg

I'm most happy with the way the rocket launcher turned out and it's so easy to build. Hope you like 'em!

Click here to see more pics. Hit the image below to see my Star Wars/Clone Wars folder when moderated (may take a wee while).

Edited by KimT

Huh, thats not bad, the minigun looks pretty good for the parts you used.

Care to go into more detail?.

Edited by DarthSion

I especially like your version of the rocket launcher. It is simple, yet very effective. I am looking through my pieces to see what could be added to the middle section to add just a little more "bite" to the weapon, but otherwise I think it's very well designed. I will certainly be using this with some of my clone troopers.

The mini-gun is also a great brick built design, but I've never been truly happy with the brick built versions. However, I did just have an epiphany on something that MAY help it look better: The round technic piece that is at the end of the barrel, what if you lined those all along the barrel? I know it would lose the "line" look of the barrel, but it may help a little more. When I get the time, I will try doing this and uploading a picture of it (unless you get the chance to try it first!).

Really great work on these peices!

Add this 4589.jpg to the rocket launcher and you've got a futuristic version of the RPG-7 :wub:

Great work pedro, I'll make sure to copy good ol' "Painless" and the rocket launcher :thumbup:

predator3.jpg

I made a version of the rocket launcher, although it did involve some modification. (I'll put a picture up once I find time!) I used this piece:

Part No: 4735 Name: Bar 1 x 3 with Clip and Stud Receptacle (Robot Arm)

I tried to put a picture of the part, but it didn't want to accept that! If you go to bricklink, you can search that and find it.

I cut the arm section off, and trimmed the bottom half so that it would fit over the "hand-held" part of the gun section. I'll try and get a picture up later tonight, but it worked out really well and fills in the dead space that I saw in the rocket launcher between the two lightsaber hilts.

Edited by GoN2Broadway

Great weapon ideas. I personally prefer the rocket launcher ans it's simplicity but the chain/mini gun looks really good too :classic: .

NICE

the rocket launcher is a beuti :wub:

Ill have to try that version of the chain gun :classic: it looks REALLY good

CommanderFox

I love the effective yet simple rocket launcher. never would have thought of that. The mini gun is also pretty good.

Cheers for the comments guys :wink:

Care to go into more detail?.

Sorry, what do you mean Sion? Want to know which parts I used?

I especially like your version of the rocket launcher. It is simple, yet very effective. I am looking through my pieces to see what could be added to the middle section to add just a little more "bite" to the weapon, but otherwise I think it's very well designed. I will certainly be using this with some of my clone troopers.

Thanks GoN. The 'dead space' between the saber hilts works well because it means you can clip the launcher to the back of the clone (like in the second picture). Besides that I wanted to keep it long and thin and scaled nicely with the trooper too.

Great work pedro, I'll make sure to copy good ol' "Painless" and the rocket launcher :thumbup:

Essential tools for trimming back dense jungle foliage! :laugh:

I just made a clone minigun. I have just two clones, so they have to be armed to the teeth.

I modified the minigun a bit so it isn't angled to the left. I added one 1x1 circular plate to the side handle, so now the barrel faces pretty much straight. I couldn't build the bazooka due to lack of hilts. :sceptic:

So, thanks for the easy to build weapons.

Edited by DoctorDude234

Cheers for the comments guys :wink:

Sorry, what do you mean Sion? Want to know which parts I used?

Thanks GoN. The 'dead space' between the saber hilts works well because it means you can clip the launcher to the back of the clone (like in the second picture). Besides that I wanted to keep it long and thin and scaled nicely with the trooper too.

Essential tools for trimming back dense jungle foliage! :laugh:

How did you make the mini, what parts.

How did you make the mini, what parts.

Nice 'n' easy!

Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon

Start with this piece in black: Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 4 Sides, connect dark bley Technic, Axle 3 with Stud to the bottom of the brick and push a bley Technic Bush 1/2 Smooth onto the end of the axle. Use 2 x black Tap 1 x 1 for handles, one on the top stud of the the modified brick; the other add a dark bley Plate, Round 1 x 1 to the bottom and add the assembly to the side of the brick. When posing on the clone trooper point the tap for his right hand down, and position the left hand tap as fits best.

Clone Rocket Launcher

Take one of these in bley: Minifig, Utensil Hose Nozzle Elaborate and put 2 x bley Minifig, Weapon Lightsaber Hilt Straight to each end with the chunky hilt top facing out the way.

Nice use of parts for the Rocket Launcher, it looks great.

I might try making one of those chain guns as it looks very effective.

I like the rocket launcher, it even looks good as a World War 2 rocket launcher.

A rough technic 1/2 works well too, looks like the individual bullet barrels.

Who is Cyrus in your signature

There are my Clone Weapon Mocs, with inspiration from various sources.

2009_03080025.jpg

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

Nice! That's a formidable squadron you have there :thumbup:

Cyrus is a character from the cult classic film and videogame The Warriors.