LBaixinho

MOC: Forte Branco

Walls from star forts were incredibly thick, a few meters. The thickness of those walls are realistic.

But the length of the walls should be expanded to get the right proportion, like Matt said.

Are you plannig to give it an update? That would be great! :pir-sweet:

Walls from star forts were incredibly thick, a few meters. The thickness of those walls are realistic.

But the length of the walls should be expanded to get the right proportion, like Matt said.

Are you plannig to give it an update? That would be great! :pir-sweet:

Not for this event. Maybe for the next year.

I agree that the fortress have to be larger to be more realistic. But I had to do a bit small to don't be very large in relation to other buildings of the display.

I have to disagree with some people on this thread. I like the proportions and the interior space. This fort looks like what it is suppose to be, a heavy fortification to control a crucial area.

Maybe you do not need to use the inside spaces of the fort, just make them look like they are used. More doors, etc...

I think the proportions are beautiful. It could easily be expanded but it could also be a smaller fortification covering the enterance to an important water way that stands in support to a main fortification that houses a port garrison, etc. The port I am working on actually has four forts and this size would be perfect for three of them.

it could also be a smaller fortification covering the enterance to an important water way that stands in support to a main fortification that houses a port garrison, etc.

My point exactly.

I have to disagree with some people on this thread. I like the proportions and the interior space. This fort looks like what it is suppose to be, a heavy fortification to control a crucial area.

Maybe you do not need to use the inside spaces of the fort, just make them look like they are used. More doors, etc...

The interiors walls have doors, except one.

fortebranco05.jpg

fortebranco13.jpg

But you are right, maybe if I put more details in the interior space, it will look bigger.

I think the proportions are beautiful. It could easily be expanded but it could also be a smaller fortification covering the enterance to an important water way that stands in support to a main fortification that houses a port garrison, etc. The port I am working on actually has four forts and this size would be perfect for three of them.

At my region (north of Portugal) we have a few of this type of forts on the shoreline. On the great rivers, the forts are bigger.

Hi Baixinho,

It's a beautifull Fort. Very well built and also realistic :thumbup:

The inclined walls technique is very good.

This will look very good in our pirates display :pir-wink:

Yes, we are working fot that :pir-wink:

wow really has a spanish feel to the fort. the roof technique is pretty simple yet unique. great job there!

wow really has a spanish feel to the fort. the roof technique is pretty simple yet unique. great job there!

arghhh spanish no... I'm Portuguese :pir-sweet: