Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

Never trust a calm ocean.

thindexedgif.gif 73a

It was the year 1746, and the islanders were getting tired o the British colonizing them.

As the good fisherman they were, they started to train sharks to help them kick the red's megablocks.

Below you see a caption of such an event.

Needless to say is that the red's lost this one. :pir-grin:

image001.jpg

This build gave me a chance to have a try at some realistic looking water.

I'm quite pleased with it, hope you like it too.

Very nice Rick!

I really like how you have presumably used 1x2 plates to raise the cheese wedge triangle shapes to give your ocean that wavy effect.

I really like this entry. The only thing that I could suggest to improve it is if you have a dark (black or brown) string as rigging on the boat. It just kinda seems wierd having the jib sail without any rope holding it up.

But very well done, and good luck in the contest! :pir-classic::thumbup:

Lovely MOC Greenie. The water is some of the best I've ever seen; I'm jealous of your trans-blue cheese collection.

Good luck!

Looks perfect Captain Green Hair, I love how you did the water!

And the position of the shark and his master versus the soldier look so realistic!

that's very nice CGH, you did well with the water! ^^ I just wonder .. what is this staff contest ? Oo

that's very nice CGH, you did well with the water! ^^ I just wonder .. what is this staff contest ? Oo

A secret event brewing in the innards of the Captain's Cabin.... :pir-devil:

Looks great CGH! Especially the water turned out very good! I've never seen this water technique somewhere before, I might try it myself too since this looks awesome. But then I need a huge load of transculent cheesies. :pir_laugh2:

The idea is nice as well, and the sails of the ship are (as always) cool.

A few more details on board would be nice. :thumbup:

I'm jealous of your trans-blue cheese collection.

--> How wouldn't... good luck Captain Green Hair!

A secret event brewing in the innards of the Captain's Cabin.... :pir-devil:

From what I see it has something to do with Islanders...

Thanks guys, the blue cheeses come form Bricklink, where else? :pir_laugh2:

An Islander on a shark. My god. No one is safe from them now!

They just attack the British, the rest of us is safe. :pir-grin:

Thanks guys, the blue cheeses come form Bricklink, where else? :pir_laugh2:

Did you buy all that cheese just for this MOC?

Did you buy all that cheese just for this MOC?

I was planning on testing that technique, so i bought 300 blue and 100 white ones to do so.

This contest just gave me the opportunity to test it, the MOC still sits on my shelf. :pir_laugh2:

your water technique = Amazing!

Raising the slopes in a random way really adds to the effect, seems to bring it to life, a lot more realistic -(Than having a random assorment of slopes on one level).

I am curious to if you have seen this used before on a MOC, and tried to recreate (which you have achieved well), or if you originated it?

your water technique = Amazing!

Raising the slopes in a random way really adds to the effect, seems to bring it to life, a lot more realistic -(Than having a random assorment of slopes on one level).

I am curious to if you have seen this used before on a MOC, and tried to recreate (which you have achieved well), or if you originated it?

I remember seeing it on BS somewhere, but that was all 1 level. I added the plates to make higher waves.

I remember seeing it on BS somewhere, but that was all 1 level. I added the plates to make higher waves.

And it worked Perfectly! This is the best water I've ever seen! :pir-cry_happy: I love the action in this scene. The minifigs are really well placed. Good Job! :thumbup:

Um, what happened to the picture. I hear talk about the ocean, sharks, and green hair, but all I see is a German Tank :hmpf_bad:

The thread is over a year old, please don't bump old threads to ask a rhetorical question. Apparently the picture has ben taken down and a new one has taken its place. Its not worth bumping an old thread just to complain that the picture is gone.

Brickstarrunner, I would advise you not to bump old topics without a good reason. If you want to bring our attention to something like this, just send us, or the MOCer, a PM.

Thanks. :pir-classic: