Sign in to follow this  
Carbohydrates

MOC: Ford Mustang

indexed.gif V-LV-4E & V-LP-2D

stang001.png

stang003.png

This was a pretty quick "build" compared to most of my designs, only taking maybe 5-6 hours tops. As such, it's got room for improvement, but I really don't feel like working on it anymore. Also, about halfway through building this, I was having trouble figuring out how to tie the front to the back, so I searched Brickshelf to see if anyone else had made one of these. Not only are there quite a few, but one or two look REALLY similar to the design I came up with! Great minds, I guess.

stang004.png

I really wanted to get the front grill and rear tail lights right, as I feel those are the defining characteristics of the modern Mustang design. Almost all the work on this MOC is on getting exterior details right, so the inside isn't very special at all, bu it still fits a fig - barely. Early versions had opening doors, but those were abandoned in favor of aesthetics.

stang002.png

Anyway, the main reason I designed this is so I'd have a nice cruiser to go with the SWAT truck I made the other day!

stang006.png

stangswat01.png

Edit: Almost forgot! Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=377151

Deep links:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Edited by Phred

Great design. It looks great as a police car and fits perfectly with your other design. :thumbup:

~Thrash

digi-lego-tastic!

very nice design - i think it is much harder to use the programs than the bricks, whilst you may have unlimited elements, and no mess to put away! to design in digital you loose the hands on approach, and all the avenues that handling a 3D object gives you when making the decisions

you got a full on retro feel there, straight outta the 70's! its the French Connection allright

just need to throw in a few corrupt new york cops now

groove on brother!

barry over and out!

10-4

Edited by barry

that looks very realistic :thumbup: especially the back. on the front though, i think you should put regular 1x1 plates for the outer front lights instead of the round ones :classic:

that looks very realistic :thumbup: especially the back. on the front though, i think you should put regular 1x1 plates for the outer front lights instead of the round ones :classic:

I considered that! I went back and forth between 1x1 plates, 1x1 round plates, and 1x1 slopes. In the end, I figured that although the lights are enclosed in a square-ish housing, the lights themselves are identifiably round, so I went with that to make it more recognizable as a Mustang.

Wow, another stunning MOC. May I ask, do you MOC using MCLAD, or do you just render it?

VBBN

Wow, another stunning MOC. May I ask, do you MOC using MCLAD, or do you just render it?

VBBN

Thanks! I use a program called LeoCAD, which is just another GUI for LDraw. I don't like how MLCAD handles.

huhuh, what a great design!!! that's really cool , I love it^^

Nice, can you also make the Knight Industries 3000 which is also a Ford Mustang? :classic:

I considered that! I went back and forth between 1x1 plates, 1x1 round plates, and 1x1 slopes. In the end, I figured that although the lights are enclosed in a square-ish housing, the lights themselves are identifiably round, so I went with that to make it more recognizable as a Mustang.

ok, its good both ways :thumbup: