Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Morse

Heavy frigate...work in progress

I have been enlightened...thankyou. btw I just received my last two orders should see a rigged but no sails completed version by end of upcoming weekend.

Now that this thread is well established I'll do the advertisement reminder...

Mr Morse is it possible you could upload the below image to each of your Pirate Brickshelf folders? It seems we've been experiencing a bit of a quite period over the past couple of weeks so perhaps we could do with a little boost...

__discuss.jpg

will do!

Now that this thread is well established I'll do the advertisement reminder...

Mr Morse is it possible you could upload the below image to each of your Pirate Brickshelf folders? It seems we've been experiencing a bit of a quite period over the past couple of weeks so perhaps we could do with a little boost...

__discuss.jpg

Just a small update on the HMS Challenger.

I grossly underestimated the sheer number of Lego string I would require for the rigging and stays. I ordered 200 of the 11 stud long strings that terminate in studs, but that was barely sufficent to do the main mast. So now I've got another 400 on order! Bowspirt has been redesigned and Forecastle completed. 24 Pounder Cannons for the Main Deck have been completed and installed. 9 pounders and carronades for the Spar and Poop Deck are 80% complete. Having some design problems with the Captain's cabin with the over all "look" I've rebuilt it twice already.

Now for some acknowledgements.... and pics!

Carronades: I originally had my own design for one but when Admiral Starwind started a topic on them and everone started posting thier designs...well I shamelessly looted thier ideas.

So thanks to Admiral Starwind, Mr Tiber, and BaronSat for thier pics. And here's mine, I will probably change the back part to look more like BaronSat's once the parts come in.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on/p1030789.jpg

Cannons: I designed my own 24 pounders and was quite pleased with them but really didn't want to use them as armament on the spar deck so when Norro posted Elroy Davis' howitzer I went "Oh Boy!" and then Tim Gould made a ship version and I started to drool! And I came up with this.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on/p1030790.jpg

and heres the 24 pounder too

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on/p1030791.jpg

and the ship as of last night.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...-6/p1030792.jpg

Wow, how has this thread evaded so? I have just saw the 5th version now, and even in those picture she looks great! I like the rigging, the brick hull looks great, and I greatly admire General Greivous' courage of starting a nautical carrer after obi cut off all this arms, I imagine it must be exremely hard to properly man a galleon with no arms. X-D

I am looking forward to when the 6th version folder is moderated!

Yeah last time my boys and I watched Starwars III when Obi cuts off the 2nd set of hands off General Grievous, my youngest yells out " All hands on Deck!" I couldn't stop laughing. It was so true two of his hands were on the deck! literally. he'd make a great sailor.

Wow, how has this thread evaded so? I have just saw the 5th version now, and even in those picture she looks great! I like the rigging, the brick hull looks great, and I greatly admire General Greivous' courage of starting a nautical carrer after obi cut off all this arms, I imagine it must be exremely hard to properly man a galleon with no arms. X-D

I am looking forward to when the 6th version folder is moderated!

12-16-06_quarterdeck_1.jpg

X-O It's so pretty (drool) That is a very fine lookin vessel. Are you going to have the Challenger and Armegedon built at the same time?

Hey Aaron what type of bricks are those used to hold your rigging down on the sides of your frigate, i don't recognize them?

Also, That 8 sided brown thing in the center of your deck, is it one of your capstans?

thats two "2x4 black technic plates with 3 holes" and a "Black Technic Rotation Joint Ball Loop" and boatloads of string...get it "boat" loads hahahahhahahahahah......well I thought it was funny.

and yes thats a capstan theres rods around there somewhere to fit into those holes too!

you can ay for part to build this mammoth so why can't you afford muskets for your troops? they are currently using what appears to be shotguns!

I've got LOTS of muskets, I just kinda like the looks of the rifle. A real musket doesnt flare at the ends like the LEGO muskets do. If you think this puppy is big lookit my Agamemnon, thats gonna be HUGE.

you can ay for part to build this mammoth so why can't you afford muskets for your troops? they are currently using what appears to be shotguns!

Oh yeah phred you wanted to know if the would be completed at the same time, the answer is no Challenger should be done shortly and the Agamemnon should be done by summer I'd say. Unfortunately I do have to feed the kids and pay the bills so I have to work...sigh...I think doing this kind of stuff full time would be pretty durn nifty.

Oh yeah phred you wanted to know if the would be completed at the same time, the answer is no Challenger should be done shortly and the Agamemnon should be done by summer I'd say. Unfortunately I do have to feed the kids and pay the bills so I have to work...sigh...I think doing this kind of stuff full time would be pretty durn nifty.

what i mean is are you going to have enough bricks to build both vessels, cause if you are, that's a lot of bricks!!! 8-o

I work for a bank and they have this large money tree in back that we have money fights with, and when our noses are runny or we run out of toilet paper...there's always the money tree. Just in case you don't believe me here's a couple of pics of the two ships together (low rez pics complements of IrfanView)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...allenger001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...allenger002.jpg

what i mean is are you going to have enough bricks to build both vessels, cause if you are, that's a lot of bricks!!! 8-o

(low rez pics complements of IrfanView)

So this means picture resized Paint and IrfanView both have the same quality??( not such a good quality I mean)

I work for a bank and they have this large money tree in back that we have money fights with, and when our noses are runny or we run out of toilet paper...there's always the money tree. Just in case you don't believe me here's a couple of pics of the two ships together (low rez pics complements of IrfanView)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...allenger001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...allenger002.jpg

Hey what bank is this, do you need a degree to work at the 'money tree' bank. cause i can change my major in school. X-D

now i see how much bigger your 3rd rate ship is. shiver me timbers! 8-o

Edit:

RBC Royal Bank in Canada, we also run RBC Centura in several southern states in USA. I believe the money tree is exclusive to our branch. I don't have a degree but have 10 years management and business owner experience so thats just like having a business degree in thier eyes. ...

LOL! :-D I may have to consider moving to canada :-$

RBC Royal Bank in Canada, we also run RBC Centura in several southern states in USA. I believe the money tree is exclusive to our branch. I don't have a degree but have 10 years management and business owner experience so thats just like having a business degree in thier eyes. Yup its gonna be pretty durn huge.

Hey what bank is this, do you need a degree to work at the 'money tree' bank. cause i can change my major in school. X-D

now i see how my bigger your 3rd rate ship is. shiver me timbers! 8-o

Wow... I've been away for so long I forgot my password...anywho. Supplies have been laid in and I am NEARLY DONE! The poor ol girl didn't do too well in our move across town (dismasted and the entire upper works were destroyed, and the crew scattered to the wind) I hope to post some "destroyed" pics and fixed pics soon.

HOOORAY!!

Aaron Morse has finally returned! *sing*

I already started to think something had happened to you. :'-(

Sorry to hear about what happened to your ship.

Do keep us updated huh! *sweet*

Wow... I've been away for so long I forgot my password...anywho. Supplies have been laid in and I am NEARLY DONE! The poor ol girl didn't do too well in our move across town (dismasted and the entire upper works were destroyed, and the crew scattered to the wind) I hope to post some "destroyed" pics and fixed pics soon.

Hi Aaron!

Looking forward to seeing some updated pics of your frigate! *y*

Welcome back.

P

Hello Aron, this is the first time I saw your ship and I found it through the link you recently gave in another thread.

Your ship looks magnificient and 100 crew members is just awesome. Much luck with your piece of art and I hope your kids will be quickly grown up enough to act responsable with your ship.

Thanks a lot for the link!

I've spotted this ship when I was lurking at this site. :pir-blush:

I must say this is a masterpiece! There are so much realistic details on it, the coloursheme is nicely done and I also like the stern. The custom made hull is very well executed. I really like this MOC! :thumbup:

Keep it up!! :thumbup:

Your cannons are awesome btw! :pir-wub:

Your cannons are awesome btw! :pir-wub:

Yes, I totally agree with Cap'n Blackmoor. The cannons are AWESOME!

Wow, must have missed this topic, untill now! :pir_laugh2:

I've seen her on BS a while ago, magnificent work! :thumbup:

The colorscheme, shape and details make this look a lot like th real thing and i look forward to see some updated pics!