Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Little Deaths: EB server issues

A while ago,I tryed to use the "View Members posts" feature,but a board message came up saying that I didn't have permission to use this feature(Keep in mind I had been able to use this Feature before this).A little while ago I tryed again,and it worked!When I looked through,everything was fine.But recently,there has been an error.The error is that after a few words of the post,some dots appear,and the rest of the post is cut off.

So my question is:Is it the same with you?And do the MODs know about it?Was this done on purpose?

I'm not complaining,its just somewhat strange.

-The guy whose name sounds uncomfortably like a DSS-

Edited by Da Death Star!

So my questyion is:Is it the same with you?And do the MODs know about it?Was this done on purpose?

Yes. Yes. And ... yes!

It's just a test, pay no attention to it.

Oh,okay.May I ask what prompted you to do it?Or did it just pop into your head?(Sometimes I KNOW I'm too curious :tongue: )

No.

Ok, fine, you may ask.

What? You already did? It's just an adjustment to free up server load for more important things like our plans for world domination.

As it is, EB has been growing by leaps and bounds. While it was already a popular site, we've been seeing great increases in traffic and membership, so anything we can do to make that a little smoother is for the best. As for the search, it isn't a widely used feature (as evidenced by the lack of people complaining about the change, except you, of course... :tongue: ) :laugh:

Honestly, the staff used it more than anyone, and we haven't been inconvenienced by it's adjustment.

For more details, you might read through this thread. I might merge this into that one eventually.

I'm merging it as we've done with six similar topics...

Is it me or is the (reading topic) feature working now?

I've turned that feature back on.

So... erm... I couldn't help but notice that EB was inaccessible for a few hours today. :tongue: Just curious: What happened?

So... erm... I couldn't help but notice that EB was inaccessible for a few hours today. :tongue: Just curious: What happened?

Maybe someone aimed a giant magnet at the server looking for Chrome Vaders, as per your suggestion.

That is about when it went out... :wink:

Maybe someone aimed a giant magnet at the server looking for Chrome Vaders, as per your suggestion.

That is about when it went out... :wink:

:laugh: Maybe. I bet it was Hinckley. :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I was online yesterday when we went down and immediately made a problem report with our provider. It seems fixed, but I'm still waiting for the explanation. Maybe server maintenance.

EDIT: The provider did indeed do maintenance on the server during last night (at least for us Europeans).

I was online yesterday when we went down and immediately made a problem report with our provider. It seems fixed, but I'm still waiting for the explanation. Maybe server maintenance.

EDIT: The provider did indeed do maintenance on the server during last night (at least for us Europeans).

Thanks for the explanation Bonaparte! :classic:

Yeah I get problems all the time for some reason for about an hour whenever I try to go on eurobricks I't says "The link has been broken try again soon..." so It's pretty annoying.

Yeah I get problems all the time for some reason for about an hour whenever I try to go on eurobricks I't says "The link has been broken try again soon..." so It's pretty annoying.

I got no explanation for that. Our server doesn't report any problems for the last 24h. Does this happen to you all the time or was it only once during a certain period of time. I'm thinking about some 'routing problem' between your provider and our server. That's something out of our control.

I got no explanation for that. Our server doesn't report any problems for the last 24h. Does this happen to you all the time or was it only once during a certain period of time. I'm thinking about some 'routing problem' between your provider and our server. That's something out of our control.

It has happened about 5 times in the last month....

It has happened about 5 times in the last month....

Strange. As I monitor our server daily I can only conclude this has to do with your connection to our server. I fear this is out of our hands. Soon I plan a survey to find out how users experience EBs when it comes to speed and availability. Then we'll know if this is an isolated case or more members are having problems.

Strange. As I monitor our server daily I can only conclude this has to do with your connection to our server. I fear this is out of our hands. Soon I plan a survey to find out how users experience EBs when it comes to speed and availability. Then we'll know if this is an isolated case or more members are having problems.

The same message CB talked about I saw once in the past month. It was there for about an hour.

Okay thanks for the explonation I thought there was a problem with the site. Something that's even weirder is one time it happened when I was trying to go on EB from my cousins house! :wacko: Oh well the last time it happened to me was last week so I think it's over now.

:EDIT: So you have experienced that to Nat? Weird...

Edited by computerbug

So, this whole afternoon Eurobricks wasn't online. And I just was able to enter the website again, I noticed I was the only user online. And now the users are slowly comming online again, show the statistics.

How come? :classic:

Better now, right? What does it matter why? This happens to sites sometimes on the internet. It's not uncommon. There might not be an explanation every time. Then again, in this case, our provider said their hardware had a short circuit. But I'm relying on a Dutch translation of the original German, so who knows?

:tongue:

This morning, for several hours the connection to the site was lost. Well, I'm glad its back.

Our server has been down for several hours, but now we're back for good. What happened? Our provider had a short circuit in their cooling system. This cooling system controls the temperature of the server-room and prevent the servers from overheating. To avoid damage to the servers because of overheating, all servers have been powered down till the cooling system was restored.

Very good, I am extremely pleased the problem has been solved.

I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Please! No more Cold Turkeys!