Sign in to follow this  
Ricecracker

MOC: Assortment of Vehicles

indexed.gif Van V-LC-12B, Trailer V-LC-12C, Forklift V-LI-07B, Mini-Excavator V-LI-07C, Dumpster V-LI-07D, Brush Fire Truck V-LF-6A

Hi everyone, I'd like to show you an array of vehicles that I made.

The first is a warehouse forklift:

dsc00237.jpg

dsc00240.jpg

The forklift with a van:

dsc00236.jpg

The van, which is loosely based off an Isuzu:

dsc00225.jpg

A U-Haul Trailer. I am planning on printing out decals to put on the sides:

dsc00215.jpg

Being towed by an SUV:

dsc00223.jpg

A Caterpillar brand Mini Excavator:

dsc00190.jpg

Inside a bin/dumpster:

dsc00205.jpg

A Brush Fire Truck, Inspired by all these: 1, 2, 3, and 4. I also added a roll-cage on the cab, changed the windows from trans-black to trans-clear, and changed the light bar on top, right after I took these photos.

dsc00207.jpg

dsc00210.jpg

Tons more pics on my Flickr, so please check them out, and leave me some C+C! :classic:

Very cool! I like the excavator and U haul trailer the best. I'm curious how you made the role cage for the brush truck.

Nice! I'm loving the cool bin/ dumpster! Very realistic ! The colors and the technic used to make it are top-notch!

The mini looks cute! Esp the hacker attachment! Nice! I'm in the construction industry, and you have captured what we always transport our mini excavators in... A bin! Very nice! but can i ask if you have a truck to tow up the bin?

Thanks again for sharing ! Superb! :thumbup:

Very nice. The forklift, U-Haul trailer and the container are very neat. Nice use of SNOT work and great use of some power miners parts.

I do have a few minor niggles. Some of the vehicles -the truck mainly- are a bit big for minifigscale in my opinion. I know that LEGO themselves seem to have some issues there. SUVs tends to be narrower than a truck, but the SUV in the new set (the one you used to haul your U-Haul) is already six studs wide; 7 including the mudguards. If you take that into account, having an 8-wide truck makes sense. However, in that case I would recommend using larger wheels for it. I like the truck, but the ones you've used now look a bit too small. I also like the brushfire truck, but feel it should be sitting a bit higher with a larger ground clearance.

Cheers,

Ralph

Very cool! I like the excavator and U haul trailer the best. I'm curious how you made the role cage for the brush truck.

I used a lot of the battle droid arms and lightsaber bars, along with clips on the truck, and the umbrella stand bars.

Nice! I'm loving the cool bin/ dumpster! Very realistic ! The colors and the technic used to make it are top-notch!

The mini looks cute! Esp the hacker attachment! Nice! I'm in the construction industry, and you have captured what we always transport our mini excavators in... A bin! Very nice! but can i ask if you have a truck to tow up the bin?

Thanks again for sharing ! Superb! :thumbup:

Thanks! I always see them being carried around in bin trucks (Along with skid steers), and I'm building a construction site, so I though, why not make one? Sadly, I didn't make a truck to haul it.

Very nice. The forklift, U-Haul trailer and the container are very neat. Nice use of SNOT work and great use of some power miners parts.

I do have a few minor niggles. Some of the vehicles -the truck mainly- are a bit big for minifigscale in my opinion. I know that LEGO themselves seem to have some issues there. SUVs tends to be narrower than a truck, but the SUV in the new set (the one you used to haul your U-Haul) is already six studs wide; 7 including the mudguards. If you take that into account, having an 8-wide truck makes sense. However, in that case I would recommend using larger wheels for it. I like the truck, but the ones you've used now look a bit too small. I also like the brushfire truck, but feel it should be sitting a bit higher with a larger ground clearance.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks for the comments, Ralph! I definitely agree that the wheels on the truck are too small, but I'm still unsure which to use. Any help from anyone would be nice. In the link I included for the brush fire truck they all have high suspension, so I wonder why I didn't raise mine :tongue:

. I'll definitely look into it, and fiddle around with it a bit.

Thanks again everyone!

Dear Ricecracker,

just love that forklift. :wub:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks for the comments, Ralph! I definitely agree that the wheels on the truck are too small, but I'm still unsure which to use. Any help from anyone would be nice. In the link I included for the brush fire truck they all have high suspension, so I wonder why I didn't raise mine :tongue:

. I'll definitely look into it, and fiddle around with it a bit.

No problem. One size larger would be the wheels used on the cars in the Indiana Jones Shangai Chase (among others). There is also a wider tyre with the same diameter.

Cheers,

Ralph

Dear Ricecracker,

just love that forklift. :wub:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks, Teddy. I'm really glad you like my work! :sweet:

No problem. One size larger would be the wheels used on the cars in the Indiana Jones Shangai Chase (among others). There is also a wider tyre with the same diameter.

Cheers,

Ralph

Good call :thumbup: . I'll try them out, and get back to you.

These are all very nice RC. I really like the van and the U-Haul. :thumbup:

Thanks TheBrickster, I'm glad you like them.

Great vehicle desings! :thumbup: I really like the forklift with the van :wink:

Thanks BB!

You guys don't understand how proud I am to have all of you comment on my MOCs. You guys are some of my favourite builders!

Could you please make some isometric view photos? I´d love to see the front and back of those creations!

Could you please make some isometric view photos? I´d love to see the front and back of those creations!

Click on the link to Flickr :wink:

I also followed your suggestions Ralph, and the vehicles look much better now. I hope to have pics of them up soon.

Click on the link to Flickr :wink:

I also followed your suggestions Ralph, and the vehicles look much better now. I hope to have pics of them up soon.

Glad to know that they worked. I look forward to seeing your new pictures.

Cheers,

Ralph

Glad to know that they worked. I look forward to seeing your new pictures.

Cheers,

Ralph

The new wheels on the truck are very nice, and the Brush truck looks much better raised up, and with the roll-cage. Thanks

Edited by Ricecracker

Here's a sneak peak of the redone brush fire truck:

dsc00260.jpg

And a sneak peak of a WIP vehicle:

dsc00261.jpg

Can you guess what make, model, and use this vehicle is?

the firetruck is just amazing, the others are very cool too but I'm a great fan of your firetruck :thumbup:

the firetruck is just amazing, the others are very cool too but I'm a great fan of your firetruck :thumbup:

Thanks Guss! The firetruck is my favourite too, probably because I've spent the most time researching+building it.

If i were to pick a favorite, it would be the white van.

All of the vehicles look fantastic though!

Did you make a Uhaul sticker yet for the trailor?

The fire truck has definiately been improved. Very nice.

Cheers,

Ralph

Did you make a Uhaul sticker yet for the trailor?

Not yet, I haven't found any good quality uhaul logos that I could print/apply.

The fire truck has definiately been improved. Very nice.

Thanks. Much of it was from your suggestions.