Tinn-man

Darth Vader's Tie Mauler

indexed.gif

Here's my entry for the medium star wars contest, Darth Vader's Tie Mauler. It has a few differences from a regular tie mauler, and has been modified with side guns and upgraded armor just for the dark lord himself. And he's not alone, because he seems to have convinced his daughter Princess Leia to join the dark side :oh3: .

3327374602_f4a2ffc654.jpg

3328908341_a11157d6a2.jpg

3328902345_39f0374976.jpg

3329734750_3d65a073ea.jpg

3328919331_895ce9a374.jpg

reference pic

300px-TIE_Mauler.jpg

See more pictures HERE.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by KimT

Quite impressive, but you need all angles for pictures. A nice model, though. And what size entry? It looks borderline for small/ medium, but the treads will raise the count.

jifel

I just counted, and it's actually 204 pieces, if you count the treads as one piece, so I guess it's actually in the medium category.

EDIT: Great, I've just re-read the instructions and realized that I need more pics :sceptic: . I'll update it tomorrow, but I'm to busy right now to take more pics.

Edited by Tinn-man

EDIT: Great, I've just re-read the instructions and realized that I need more pics :sceptic: . I'll update it tomorrow, but I'm to busy right now to take more pics.

Gooooood :vader:

I'll edit the title for you.

I was going to say that it looked a bit stumpy but I can see from the referance pic it is supposed to be that way so great job! :thumbup:

It's a very detailed MOC and I wish you luck!

All pictures are up to date and fixed, so that should be it. Thanks for all of the feedback :thumbup: .

This is a fantastic entry! Your MOC reminds of the TIE Crawler, but smaller and a Darth Vader version. (Duh, thats what your MOC is) :pir-tongue:

wow thats so accurate! I like how u got the colour scheme of the mauler perfect and the minifigs are cool too. luving the darkside leia

I just counted, and it's actually 204 pieces, if you count the treads as one piece, so I guess it's actually in the medium category.

Sorry to bother you all but do the treads count as one or does the whole track count as one???

Not bothered, better if count as one me thinks but new to all this so up to the Boss. Thanks

Missed that.

If treads are used, then each side will count as one piece.

Thus making the right and left treads of this vehicle count as 2 pieces - otherwise a very small model would become large entry on no time.

"Clear?"

:vader:

They are seperate pieces.

Good MoC, it is quite simple yet impressive.

jifel

Missed that.

If treads are used, then each side will count as one piece.

Thus making the right and left treads of this vehicle count as 2 pieces - otherwise a very small model would become large entry on no time.

"Clear?"

:vader:

To further explain:

A tread be that made from the smaller technic bits or the large rubber caterpillar belts counts as one piece.

680c01.jpg

@Tinn-man: So this is a SMALL entry then?

To further explain:

A tread be that made from the smaller technic bits or the large rubber caterpillar belts counts as one piece.

680c01.jpg

@Tinn-man: So this is a SMALL entry then?

Sorry for the late reply, but I got lost with other threads after the toy fair :tongue:

Actually, it still is a medium entry, because I originally counted the treads as just one piece. 204 pieces total.

Thanks for all of your positive replies. :classic:

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic:

I've looked at about 20 entries and while some others are very good, this is the only one I'd be prepared to buy if it was a real set.