Zorro

The Captain's Cabin Contest - Information & FAQ

Nobody has a chance against my building qualities!

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Yeah, you wish me the best of luck...

Liar liar pants on fire!

:pir-tongue:

Greetings iLikeSlugzz! Go on over to the "Hello, My Name Is..." forum and introduce yourself. Have a great time here! :pir-sweet:

One must start a separate thread/topic for its entrance, hence the creative critics can give creative critic.

I'm definately excited for this one! I've already started my captain's cabin, and it's looking good!

Good luck to all!

Are pirates from around the 19th century allowed (whale fishers etc; kinda like in the Moby Dick story)?

Sounds like a good time to me. And that link to my PotC Captain's Quarters really brings back memories! :pir-wink: (I'm not so sure they're good ones! :pir-tongue: )

Hehe, you couldn't even resize pictures back then :pir_laugh2:

I'm already bursting with ideas. Thanks for the contest! :pir-blush:

Me too!

I would like to make sure that:

1. the entries will be postic in this topic, right? Or, are they going to be posted elsewhere?

2. we can comment/critic as many entries as desired.

1. Nope, you create a seperate thread for your entry, which will then be linked to when voting begins. This allows for the Creative Critics to do their stuff.

2. Yes

Nice! I'll be sure to start working on it tonight. Will get me back in the building mood. I'll keep working on it off-screen before I post it here, I'd like to post it the day before it ends(day before my birthday :pir_laugh2: ).

Or you could post it as soon as you're done, get some Creative Criticism, and improve it, before posting the final thing the day before your b-day! :pir-tongue: But you can do as you wish :pir-wink:

Are pirates from around the 19th century allowed (whale fishers etc; kinda like in the Moby Dick story)?

Sure are! But Ironclads e.t.c. are just about the latest permisable period entries, as otherwise it goes down the Victorian route too much (e.g Titanic).

Will we have to make interior and exterior? Or just one of them?

AN interior, if you want to make an exterior as well and add that to it, be my guest.

Hehe, you couldn't even resize pictures back then :pir_laugh2:

Me too!

1. Nope, you create a seperate thread for your entry, which will then be linked to when voting begins. This allows for the Creative Critics to do their stuff.

2. Yes

Or you could post it as soon as you're done, get some Creative Criticism, and improve it, before posting the final thing the day before your b-day! :pir-tongue: But you can do as you wish :pir-wink:

Sure are! But Ironclads e.t.c. are just about the latest permisable period entries, as otherwise it goes down the Victorian route too much (e.g Titanic).

So the titanic is allowed? or not?

I think that's a step too far, I see no piracy or age of sail in it. For me, steam punk has always been the border for LEGO pirates.

But I don't really know, there's not a clear border between the age of sail and steam-punk.

So the titanic is allowed? or not?

Nope. 1900 should really be the latest date, approx. However, as furnishings e.t.c. were evolving all the time, the border is a bit blurry here.

Were do we post our entries I cant find it but I saw it the other day. It showed Cap'n Blackmoor's entry.

Were do we post our entries I cant find it but I saw it the other day. It showed Cap'n Blackmoor's entry.

That was a mess-up on our part :pir-blush: Just create a seperate thread, and it'll be picked up for voting.

Nope. 1900 should really be the latest date, approx. However, as furnishings e.t.c. were evolving all the time, the border is a bit blurry here.

all right thanks for clearing it all up (:

You'll find that info in the rules section in the first post of this thread (the line which starts with "Important") . That part was added (corrected) yesterday.

Everything is clear to me, I'll post my entry again soon after I've taken nicer pictures. My resizing program ruined them. :pir_bawling:

I hope this will be a very nice contest. :pir-blush:

Everything is clear to me, I'll post my entry again soon after I've taken nicer pictures. My resizing program ruined them. :pir_bawling:

I hope this will be a very nice contest. :pir-blush:

So do I and I think it will be a awesome contest

The inspiration link #2 is dead.

Maybe I join this contest... all will depend if I have the time.

But an idea I already have... :pir-wink:

Just to be sure... is being signed up for Eurobricks enough or do I need to sign up seperately for Classic Pirates?

You do not have to be a classic-pirates member. :wink:

Actually signing up for EB means your with classic-pirates because your posting in the forum right now :pir-classic:

Just to be sure... is being signed up for Eurobricks enough or do I need to sign up seperately for Classic Pirates?

The classic-pirates forum and the Eurobricks pirates forum is one and the same. So no need for separate logins and such complicated stuff.

I am in the United States, can I still enter?

Of course you can enter, this is an international forum.

Btw maybe you can make an introduction into this section of the forum so we can get to know you a little bit better.