sv400637.jpg

Side:

sv400642.jpg

Top:

sv400647.jpg

Back:

sv400643.jpg

Backstory (official - not mine)

RIC-920 was designed as a general purpose labor droid with rudimentary programming, allowing it to complete basic tasks. RIC-920 ended up as one of several RIC droids employed as rickshaw drivers in Mos Espa. Propelled by a pair of disc-mounted treads, RIC-920 pulled an unlicensed rickshaw through the busy spaceport streets.

Prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars, RIC-920 transported Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala from a Mos Espa docking bay to Watto's junk shop, during Skywalker's search for his mother.

And once again Overall:

sv400636.jpg

Legoman

Edited by legoman

Nice work there.

Adding the pictures requested might be an idea :wink:

front - rear - top - right side - left side

And please a link to the picture folder if you've got larger pics for us to enjoy.

Very nice work, but some more pictures are in need. From what I see though, you did very well with the droid and rickshaw. :thumbup:

i agree with all of the above, it looks like a good moc.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to show Ep. II Anakin/ Padmemin the Rickshaw, if you have them.

jifel

Great work legoman! :thumbup: My model is no match against yours. :cry_sad:

JD

Edited by Jammiedodger714

First post updated with pictures :sweet:

i agree with all of the above, it looks like a good moc.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to show Ep. II Anakin/ Padmemin the Rickshaw, if you have them.

jifel

... I was going to do that, and i've got a MOC Anakin ready, but i couldn't figure out an accurate EP II Padme. I'll see what i can do...

Great work legoman! :thumbup: My model is no match against yours. :cry_sad:

JD

Well, We'll never know if you don't show us :tongue:

Edited by legoman

Try (I don't know if possible) to make the droid and rickshaw smaller. Because the seats are so small, I'd suggest doing that or making the seats bigger.

Try (I don't know if possible) to make the droid and rickshaw smaller. Because the seats are so small, I'd suggest doing that or making the seats bigger.

300 posts!!!!!

True and it looks out of scale

True and it looks out of scale

Well... These are exactly my thoughts...

(Well, i actully thought the rickshaw was good, but anyway)

The problem is, that there are only two possible scale's to build the RIC-920. Either the current scale, or the pit oid scale. :sceptic:

I'm making the seats bigger now. But i don't know what to do about the RIC-920 :hmpf_bad:

The new design is better but the seats need to be brown and possibly you don't even need minifigs for it. The contest never said it had to be minifig scale I think.

The new design is better but the seats need to be brown and possibly you don't even need minifigs for it. The contest never said it had to be minifig scale I think.

I know it said it doesn't but more people would vote for this MOC if it was minifig scaled

Sorry for off-topic

Edited by CommanderCody77

I know it said it doesn't but more people would vote for this MOC if it was minifig scaled

Sorry for off-topic

I disagree. I think his MOC looks just fine whether it be scaled or not. Its a great MOC and it defiantly is accurate. Do you have any reason for you opinion CommandeCody77?

Well, i've just placed a BL order for some DK red and Brown parts. I'll see which looks better when it gets here.

If this is supposed to be minifig-scale, I, too, think that it's out of scale. It almost looks like a UCS. At the very least, I would go for the Pit Droid scale for the RIC-920. Cause if you look at your reference pic, you can see that the droid's head is only slightly larger than Anakin's, just like the Pit Droids' heads are. Also, I would shorten the cables and lower the roof.

Also, I would shorten the cables and lower the roof.

Sorry, Thats just not going to happen. It (literally) can't go anywhere else :hmpf_bad:

If this is supposed to be minifig-scale, I, too, think that it's out of scale. It almost looks like a UCS. At the very least, I would go for the Pit Droid scale for the RIC-920. Cause if you look at your reference pic, you can see that the droid's head is only slightly larger than Anakin's, just like the Pit Droids' heads are.

Well, the problem is, that i can't get the body right at Pit droid scale. It lacks detail at that size.

I will, however, give it a try. You guys are the ones that will be voting and i really want to win :cry_happy:

What i'll try do is, leave the rickshaw as it is now (just change the colour of the seats to brown). Then (try) to build a Smaller RIC-920.

I hope you guys like it, 'cos you're very hard to impress :sweet:

Edited by legoman

I think it looks really good, and doesn't need to be in minifig scale. Perhaps you could make two miniland size (am I saying that right?) figures to sit in it, and they would fit with the scale better. Then no one else will have questions about it being out of scale.

By the way, what scale are you, the builder, going for?

I think it looks really good, and doesn't need to be in minifig scale. Perhaps you could make two miniland size (am I saying that right?) figures to sit in it, and they would fit with the scale better. Then no one else will have questions about it being out of scale.

By the way, what scale are you, the builder, going for?

Well, to be honest, i wasn't really having a scale in mind as i built this, i just... built :laugh:

Miniland scale might be OK, but i'll need to look up on the net how to make them :tongue:

I did have Fig scale in my head, but that's not really going to work if i want to keep the droid :sceptic:

There's no requested scale in this competition.

You can do as you'd like when it comes to that.

UCS, mid-scale, micro-scale or whatever - they're all good this time.

thats so dead accurate (well thats my opinion anyways) i especially like the droid. :tongue:. its way better than anything i could make. Everything in that model is so well done. congrats.