How do you rate this set?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I find this little set outstanding! A nice addition to any LEGO city! In general, I like most of the impulse sets. I find it amazing how many wonderful sets can be made by using a minifig and some bricks only.

I am so buying this. I need to stock up on chefs and chicken. Then it will be time for the Ultimate Italian/American Chef Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

Altough I would have prefered a hot dog stand

I just picked up my very own copy of the first Swedish 2009 Lego catalogue. In it I found that the BBQ Stand is called "korvstånd", which means "hot dog stand". No hot dogs in sight, though - just the chicken wing.

I just picked up my very own copy of the first Swedish 2009 Lego catalogue. In it I found that the BBQ Stand is called "korvstånd", which means "hot dog stand". No hot dogs in sight, though - just the chicken wing.

Bizarre! My thought was that they wanted a hot dog stand but that piece was too pricey for a small set.

I think we need to start keeping track of which countries have these things arranged by chicken leg, turkey leg, hot dog, pigeon etc. It would make for an interesting cultural exchange :wink:

Obviously they did things differently in medieval times if 10193 was anything to go by as the stall keeper there is flogging off the whole bird!

Just as a quick aside, is that Trace's hair in black in the airplane promo set? If so I'm gonna have to track at least one of those down for a project (the hair, not neccesarily the set, although the set would be cool too).

Just as a quick aside, is that Trace's hair in black in the airplane promo set? If so I'm gonna have to track at least one of those down for a project (the hair, not neccesarily the set, although the set would be cool too).

There is some discussion about this in the general City 2009 thread; some people think it is black, some people think the part number is identical to Agent Trace's hair so the colour is too (though I don't know if this is necessarily true.) However if you look at the PDF versions of 2008 sets which use a lot of dark brown (eg Troll Warship), the printed colour is almost identical to black, so my money is on dark brown at the moment. If they were going to change it in the first half of 2009 we would have seen it in the Pirates Shipwreck set or 10193.

You've seen it in NZ? Please tell where. I've only found the new BIONICLE small sets, the Star Wars battle packs and the awesomely priced $15 civilian battle pack.

My mistake, I meant when I first saw it online, I should have clarified that. :blush: Sorry.

~Peace

Just built this but didnt unwrap it :thumbup:

Hahaha! Cute!

That poor hermetically sealed fig... I pray he doesn't suffocate.

Is there an index of member bag builds somewhere? :tongue:

It would be perfect for a Disneyland MOC. They probably sell hundreds of turkey legs a day. When I was there a few weeks ago, I saw a turkey leg every 50 feet.

The design of that little stand is some of the most clever I've seen from Lego - so few bricks and yet so detailed and real-looking. Great little set

I also bought this set some time ago. Beautiful design, only negative thing about it is that you cannot place it on a groundplate.

Bought this last weekend and I love it. Simple yet effective. Only thing I add will be wheels... :classic:

I would buy if it was in the US...but sadly it's not. :thumbdown:

For some reason, the Pirate impulse pamphlets show the BBQ Stand as one of the impulse sets for CITY, even though it's not in the US...

I feel very mean today and I voted only 2/5. :hmpf_bad:

It's not a bad impulse set. But without a pair of wheels, it doesn't make any sense :classic:

I would buy if it was in the US...but sadly it's not. :thumbdown:

For some reason, the Pirate impulse pamphlets show the BBQ Stand as one of the impulse sets for CITY, even though it's not in the US...

I know, I am worrying about it not being released in the US. :cry_sad: Its such a cool little set, and I would hate to see a similar fate as the Good Wizard. Maybe they will release it with the summer wave, it seems that wave consists of more sets similar to this...

I know, I am worrying about it not being released in the US. :cry_sad: Its such a cool little set, and I would hate to see a similar fate as the Good Wizard. Maybe they will release it with the summer wave, it seems that wave consists of more sets similar to this...

Unlike the Good Wizard set which had the very rare figure, I think most people could build this from parts without too many problems. All you'd need is maybe an Advent Calendar with a chef fig and a few extra pieces. Nothing here is uncommon at all. I know it's not the same as picking the set itself up from a store shelf, but at least it's extremely doable.

I think that the red cylinder is a soda. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure it's tomato sauce, or ketchup.

This is the week of reviving all my old reviews! :tongue:

I like these revived threads, as I missed most of them :tongue:

Great work again svelte, this review had me laughing :laugh:

This impulse is very cool and the transparent box cover is cool.

Only con is they should have included an actual hot dog with it. :hmpf:

The turkey drumstick is nice.

Edited by Macoco

I like these revived threads, as I missed most of them :tongue:

Great work again svelte, this review had me laughing :laugh:

This impulse is very cool and the transparent box cover is cool.

Only con is they should have included an actual hot dog with it. :hmpf:

The turkey drumstick is nice.

Agreed, I like seeing old threads that I missed out on.

If I had free reign of my money, I'd probabyl buy all impulse sets but the Misses doesn't ike my LEGO addiction.

I really like these small sets.

Although there's not much to it, you covered it well.

nice review, thanks Svelte.

Just give her the choice: all impulse sets, or a copy of the UCS Millennium Falcon. :tongue: