Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Chapter Six

Ah, what a revealing diary... It seems we all are tied to this case more tighly than we initially thought.

Yes, we should definitely try our keys to the drawer.

And I'd like to check the toilet thoroughly as well, although I do not have any need to use it myself. I would especially like to check the water-compartment of the toilet seat, people usually hide stuff there. :tongue:

John tries the two keys they had found on the body of the late Lord Chester in the lock of the bedside table draw. Neither one fits.

Miss Sandy walks over to the small door in the south wall and opens it. Beyond is a small cupboard with cloths hanging to the right and left, directly ahead is another low doorway. Beyond this door is the ensuite, complete with a large porcelain bath tub, a spacious shower, a toilet seat and cistern, a sink with two cupboards underneath, and a mirror above the sink. The room is very spacious, and is tiled with white tiles on the floor and walls, with the ceiling painted a pale blue. A modern light fixture in the ceiling illuminates the bathroom. This room was certainly done up in the last 20 years or so, it does not look old.

I'd say this bathroom was converted from a spare bedroom, as the house would not have had large bathrooms back in the day.

Miss Sandy walks over to the toilet and opens the cistern, peering inside. There is nothing in there but water.

Hmmm...this must've been a recent conversion. Perhaps it pissed off those dragon people. I'd like to poke all of the tiles to see if any of them give for secret compartments or buttons that open secret doors and junk like that...

Fine, Dragon Breath, I'll just check the damn chandelier. :hmpf_bad:

And then the bathtub drain...

Hmmm...this must've been a recent conversion. Perhaps it pissed off those dragon people.

You know, I'm sure those dragon people, whoever they are, wouldn't be so mean as to force the Lord of the manner to use a chamber pot when modern technology, that is, a flushing toilet, is available. :laugh: I mean, there is a TV downstairs. :grin:

Fine, Dragon Breath, I'll just check the damn chandelier. :hmpf_bad:

I presume by that you are referring to the modern light fixture in the bathroom? :sweet: Go ahead...

Max takes a look at the modern light fixture. It is a standard bathroom style light, but still with a little antique flair, seen in the triple branching brass arms, covered in a swirling scroll pattern, that hold the three bulbs in place. You cannot see anything of interest.

Max also decides to look in the bathtub drain. You cannot see anything unusual, although you do note that the drain is rather dry; it does not appear to have been used recently.

Since we're all standing around the bathroom, perhaps we can finally answer that age old question: "Do creepy cryptogram making geezers have their toilet tissue going over or under the roll?"

And while all of you are staring at that, I just picked the lock to that little drawer in the bedroom. Yes, I can do that, you'll find I'm full of felonious surprises, I am a lawyer, you know. As I pull open the drawer, I'm surprised to see what, Mr. Dragonbreath?

(alternately, I would have smashed the megablucks out of it) :devil:

Since we're all standing around the bathroom, perhaps we can finally answer that age old question: "Do creepy cryptogram making geezers have their toilet tissue going over or under the roll?"

Over. :wink:

Peter returns to the bedroom and tries to pick the lock on the drawer. He is unsuccessful and so starts thumping the thing, which successfully hurts his hands.

Surely his Lordship would have kept the key close at hand? :look:

And while all of you are staring at that, I just picked the lock to that little drawer in the bedroom. Yes, I can do that, you'll find I'm full of felonious surprises, I am a lawyer, you know. As I pull open the drawer, I'm surprised to see what, Mr. Dragonbreath?

Who do you think you are, a thief? Unfortunately it appears you weren't as successful as you first thought. :devil: Perhaps looking for the key might prove more useful. :sweet:

I will check under the mattress for the key. Wait no, someone already did that. I'll look in the mirror.

Or how about the tub faucet? Perhaps something is hidden in the faucet. I noticed the drain was rather dry as if it hadn't been used recently.

Hmm, so there's a mirror here... I'd like to do a little test: I'll run hot water on the sink so that the mirror gets steamy, just to see if there are any hidden letters drawn to it.

Hmm, so there's a mirror here... I'd like to do a little test: I'll run hot water on the sink so that the mirror gets steamy, just to see if there are any hidden letters drawn to it.

Way to go. Now we'll have another puzzle to solve.

Surely his Lordship would have kept the key close at hand? :look:

Well, not close enough that it was on his dead body. So, I suppose it would be in the room?

Of course, we could always smash it open. It's just a wooden bedside table.

I also have the loaded pistol from the other room... maybe we could shoot the lock?

I'll search the underside of the table.

I also have the loaded pistol from the other room... maybe we could shoot the lock?

I'll search the underside of the table.

Why does the prime suspect have the loaded pistol? :hmpf:

Why does the prime suspect have the loaded pistol? :hmpf:

You want to try and take it?! Back off! :sing: I'm not afraid to use it! :angry:

You want to try and take it?! Back off! :sing: I'm not afraid to use it! :angry:

Great... someone has been stuck in this dragon infested freakhouse too long and thinks he's a mobster! :hmpf:

Did we check way up on top of the bed for the key? How about under the sink? In the toilet paper roll? In the towels?

How about in dragonfreak's pockets? I bet he's got some good stuff in there... :hmpf_bad:

I did a kung fu movie. I can disarm you because I know Yuto. Or Judo. Or Cujo. Or something. Look, give the gun to the lady. Everyone trusts her, whatever her name is.

I did a kung fu movie. I can disarm you because I know Yuto. Or Judo. Or Cujo. Or something. Look, give the gun to the lady. Everyone trusts her, whatever her name is.

Ms. Greenwood.

Which Kung Fu movie, btw?

Ms. Greenwood.

Which Kung Fu movie, btw?

Attack of the Killer Masked Freaks. I played a monkey trainer. It was my first speaking roll. I said "Stop that! You will hurt the monkeys!"

Max does a thorough search of the mirror and the tub facet for the absent key, but does not find it.

Miss Sandy meanwhile runs out hot water into the sink and steams up the mirror. There is nothing written on it.

Of course, we could always smash it open. It's just a wooden bedside table.

But it's antique... :cry_sad:

Well you can if you really want to, I won't stop you. :look:

Micheal searches under the table, but does not find the key.

Peter checks on top of the bed, in the toilet roll, amongst the towels and under the sink, but does not find the key. The contents of the cupboard under the sink are 5 spare toilet roles, some toilet cleaner, an electric toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, eye drops, a small first aid kit containing plasters and basic sterilizing wipes, an electric shaver, aftershave, moisturiser, shampoo and conditioner. No key though.

How about in dragonfreak's pockets? I bet he's got some good stuff in there... :hmpf_bad:

Me? Now why would you want to search me? I'm just an innocent colleague and friend of our poor deceased Lord Chester, I don't have anything to do with this. :grin:

So... :look:

(Please note that this chapter will be ending soon, at the latest in the next 10 hours, as I will be away from tomorrow until Sunday morning. Sorry for the inconvenience, this mystery is certainly taking longer than I had anticipated. Probably bad planning on my part. :blush: )

I'll check inside the cleaner bottle. I'll also check under the bed, the bottom side of the box spring, under the bed frame, behind the bed posts, under the rug, in the chair cushions.

I'll check inside the cleaner bottle. I'll also check under the bed, the bottom side of the box spring, under the bed frame, behind the bed posts, under the rug, in the chair cushions.

Max continues to do very well at not finding the key... or anything else for that matter.

So the only important clue we have found in these quarters is a diary?! There seems to be absolutely nothing of importance in the toilet... That's crappy (pun intended).

Oh and yes, I can carry the gun for my boss. It would mean I can shoot any of you bastards in the groin if you try a pass on me again.

So the only important clue we have found in these quarters is a diary?! There seems to be absolutely nothing of importance in the toilet... That's crappy (pun intended).

Perhaps that suggests more than you first may think. :wink:

Right people, if we could please hurry along with finding that key/shooting open the drawer/whatever else you can think of, we have a schedule to keep! :grin:

Right people, if we could please hurry along with finding that key/shooting open the drawer/whatever else you can think of, we have a schedule to keep! :grin:

*grabs the silly looking helmet off your head and proceeds to use it to crowbar open the drawer* OH LOOK, IT'S OPEN THIS TIME!

Damn shame it wasn't open after I picked the lock earlier, then we wouldn't have had to stand around for all this wasted time! :angry: