Commander_Rob

The Cost Of Your Collection

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

A while ago I got the idea to add the prices of all of my Lego Star Wars sets together to see how much money I had spent on it. To ease calculation I made the list of my sets in MS Excel and had the program add the MRRPs multiplied with how often I own the set.

I would be interested if anyone has done a similar thing and I would really like to see how much other people have spent on their collection.

I shamelessly declare my collection consists of 93 sets with a worth of 3.896,29 € :blush:.

A haven't got so much sets, but a lot of rare stuff.

I think the account conduct 1200€.

'Bricks'

I'd rather not speculate about that.

Since I am only missing a handfull of sets since 1999, I guess my collection is rather expensive.

And yes this seems like a "Mine is bigger than yours" :laugh:

Well i don't think i'd even dare add it up, but all the UCS sets apart from the yoda and Maul, and a UCS venator, UCS B-Wing, UCS Sand Skiff, 2 x UCS actis eta's and a UCS AAT plus probably 30K or more in loose parts :cry_sad:

Well i don't think i'd even dare add it up, but all the UCS sets apart from the yoda and Maul, and a UCS venator, UCS B-Wing, UCS Sand Skiff, 2 x UCS actis eta's and a UCS AAT plus probably 30K or more in loose parts :cry_sad:

Wait a UCS Venator or Star Destroyer? Welcome to EB you should make a topic in the hello my name is forum

Isnt this just, mines bigger than yours.

No, people are simply curious about how much peoples collections cost. As an estimate, I have 25 sets at about $1000 US.

Well id say what it seems like, but not sure if its allowed, but a common nickname fro trophies/achievements, a e male organ is what is seems like, this is how big mine is, how big is yours.

Wait a UCS Venator or Star Destroyer? Welcome to EB you should make a topic in the hello my name is forum

UCS Venator, built using Primus's instructions and modded to my own taste but it will be getting taken apart soon not that it's in one piece at the moment lol

I'm only missing a few sets, mainly UCS and sets from Episode 3; many duplicates.....hmmmm....way too much to bother counting!

Just Starwars? 65 euros...

55 for the Sandcrawler without Minifigs because I wanted all those brown pieces.

10 for the Yoda etc. magnet set because I wanted the dark face, the torsos and the Dooku hair.

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan at all...

2500 GBP+ (if I add on 565 GBP I'll spend later this year I will think of myself as stupid :hmpf_bad: , but LEGO SW is worth it :thumbup: )

JD

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I think I've spent about 3 euro's on SW lego. A young Obi-wan torso (and his brown cape) and Han Solo minifig (desert skiff version).

That must be a record :tongue:. There are a lot of awesome SW sets, but unfortunately I don't have the money to be venturing outside of 1 or 2 themes too often (most is spent on pirates).

Well id say what it seems like, but not sure if its allowed, but a common nickname fro trophies/achievements, a e male organ is what is seems like, this is how big mine is, how big is yours.

What?! a e male organ?! Funny! :laugh:

Yes, spend to much money to catch up already.

And worse I'm gonna spend more the upcoming year(s)! :blush:

Especially if they make sets like the Dropship/AT-OT. :grin:

Edited by Future74

Well i am like KimT here as i have also been collecting the SW line from the word go. Also like him starting to think to much about how much i have spent gives me nosebleeds :laugh:

Well i am like KimT here as i have also been collecting the SW line from the word go. Also like him starting to think to much about how much i have spent gives me nosebleeds :laugh:

Same here, although I always try to go for bargains, trades etc... But, I don't smoke, which is a good excuse to spend your money on something else you actualy don't need that bad. That said, I'm happy I never bought the UCS Falcon or death star and just bought the figures trough Bricklink or Ebay, those sets are to overpriced in my opinion.

I started collecting in 2003 so my collection miss almost all of the first waves from 1999-2002. That maybe seems like not but are way too many sets. I own some sets of these waves but not a lot :tongue: . Currently my collection costs around $3500-$5000 mainly due to the very hard to find sets and some rare collector items :thumbup: .

Well, I started collecting back in 1999. But really only started going crazy about 2003. But bricklink works wonders!

Like Mutley and Kim, I would A. Rather not say, and B. can't be bothered adding it all up. I think i have around 165 SW sets.

But i'm sure, whoever think's they have the most, mutley wins... :tongue:

Me? I must have spent at least 300 dollars on my collection. Not so big I would say since most sets were from gifts.

Please don't call me snobby or pathetic, but I really go so far, that I can't keep track. So many minifigs, so many sets... I'm a collector though, right? :tongue:

Oh, God. Thinking about all of the money I spent on Lego is just depressing. :blush: Sometimes I don't want to think about it! :laugh: