Sign in to follow this  
Morten

[MOC] Emperors arrival

indexed.gif

Finally finished my MOC of the Emperors arrival at Death Star II. The model is around 10 kilo and contains 1 Emperor, 1 darth Vader, 8 Royal Guards, 30 Snow trooers, 30 Scout troopers, 35 stormtroopers, 49 emperial officers, 9 AT-AT drivers, 9 sand troopers, 12 Tie-pilots and 5 Shuttle pilots, a total of 189 minifigs. It is a small copy of a MOC I found on Brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=146455

I have only a few pictures of the MOC yet, but I will update my Brickshelf-folder soon.

ea11.jpg

ea12.jpg

ea20.jpg

ea21.jpg

Hope you like it.

Brickshelf link

Morten Sonne

Edited by Morten
files corrected

Great work *sweet* when i first saw the BS version some time ago i was very tempted to make one, but the costs were just too much for me so if you dont mind me asking just how much did this set you back in bricks alone?

Also will you fight the temptation to make it bigger?

KhoRne good idea with changing the fleshtone minifigs, I tried to keep them original, but your right, it would look bether with yellow minifigs. The only problem is Grand Morf Tarkin (Whom I don

Ebay is your friend, in the USA you can find auctions for stormies at 3-2$ each. That's not a bad price.

This MOC is definitly impressive, I just like all the attention to small details. I think this is the kind of MOC we should all have in our house when friends came. Shown this way, our weird hobby becomes something really attractive and more people might join our community X-D

Woah, that looks amazing morten_somme. Must have taken a lot of work. It's all so symettrical and just great. You've managed to get it all just right. Arguably, more figs would look good, but you've done enough anyways. The best thing is it's a hangar that could be any part of the Death Star, you could even make a New Hope scene.

Finally got my brickshelf gallery oploaded:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=197402

And Yoda, yes I will dismantle it, propably very soon, need my grey bricks to other projekts, and need the space in my appartment. Maybe I will put my old MF together, and make another scene of this MOC.

The problem with a MOC this big, is that you can

Tks for all those new pics Morten ;-)

Its such a pity to dismantle such a brilliant MOC but I really understand why !! That thing is really huge 8-

excellent! But make a custom shuttle to go with it. I never liked the official version :-X

And I thought I had a decent amount of stormtroopers ;-)

Very clean, very polished, very...Imperial *vader*

Wow, an awesome creation. :-) It's too bad that you'll have to dismantle it so soon, but I can understand way; that thing is huge!

I hope that someday I'll have enough pieces and skill (and room, lol) to make a MOC of this scale.

Very good work. *y*

This diorama is very impressive and inspiring. I have seen many of this scene but I think yours has been executed the best. I love the amount of detail you have added rather then taking the easy road and just throwing in several tens of Stormtroopers, a Shuttle and the Emperor. The catwalk looks right at home and I love the shot where it appears as though you are looking down onto the scene from it.

I feel inspired enough to try something like this now, but if I ever go through with it, then it must be on a smaller scale ;-)

Kudos on this fantastic MOC.

woooow! Really a great MOC.

But I especially like the minifigs.

It's great to see such a fine army on display.

Do you intend to expand your army still ?

How long have you been collecting these minifigs to get so much of them?

B.

woooow! Really a great MOC.

But I especially like the minifigs.

It's great to see such a fine army on display.

Do you intend to expand your army still ?

How long have you been collecting these minifigs to get so much of them?

B.

My guess is that Morten started around 1999 when a friend of his introduced him to SW LEGO :-P ;-)

KimT

I dont have a internet bank acounnt where cold i get storm trooper's in big amounnts and not in sets like 2 stortroopers and a isd just storm troopers thank you if its off topic deleate it and pm me where too put it.

I dont have a internet bank acounnt where cold i get storm trooper's in big amounnts and not in sets like 2 stortroopers and a isd just storm troopers thank you if its off topic deleate it and pm me where too put it.

This would probably go best in the "Buy, Sell, Trades, and Finds" forum. If you can't buy online (Bricklink would be your best option, followed by ebay), then I'm afraid you won't be able to unless you know someone who is looking to give them to you for free...

Most impressive. I would love to make something like this.

How long did it take all together ?

Thanks for sharing.

Very good and i did know about the big one in brickshelf because i invest hours a day on that site. Anyway, I designed a separatist hangar but its a few grand and i cannot afford it.So i am working on a cheaper mygeetan bridge.

KhoRne good idea with changing the fleshtone minifigs, I tried to keep them original, but your right, it would look bether with yellow minifigs. The only problem is Grand Morf Tarkin (Whom I don

Wow what a great scene!! I dont have enough people to do anything like that which sucks! I really like the building around the minifigs better than all of your guys (just because its really well done)

Wow what a great scene!! I dont have enough people to do anything like that which sucks! I really like the building around the minifigs better than all of your guys (just because its really well done)

Very cool scene! But Roncanator stop making very old topics be on the first page my adding comments