Sign in to follow this  
Morgan19

All replies are suddenly "branching tree" variety?

Thanks It worked, I'm very releaved :pir-sweet:

Glad to know that you have solved it! I have merged it together to facilitate similar problems together. :classic:

Hi !

I have a (stupid) question : when I want to read a topic, I only see the first post.

To read the other posts, I have to look at the links a the end of the page.

18728342.jpg

So, do you have a solution to change this ?

Because currently, it is nearly impossible for me to well read a topic. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Anio

Hi !

I have a (stupid) question : when I want to read a topic, I only see the first post.

To read the other posts, I have to look at the links a the end of the page.

edit: Image snipped. No need to quote an entire post when replying, is there? :tongue:

So, do you have a solution to change this ?

Because currently, it is nearly impossible for me to well read a topic. :hmpf_bad:

I have that problem when I try to view EB on Safari, but not on Firefox. I would try viewing the site with a different web browser and see if that helps.

Edited by KimT

See this thread :classic:

But the option is in your options list in the top right hand corner of any topic's first post. Click the options button, the drop-down menu pops-up > under Display modes switch to Standard

See this thread :classic:

Thanks a lot ! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot ! :thumbup:

Glad it helps. :classic:

I had merged your topic into this, to consolidate similar discussion together.

Thanks.

For some reason the replies in topics aren't comming up normal.

Posts in this topic

l-Tom Bricks Eurobricks group on Flickr Today, 06:48 AM

l--Captain Green Hair Joined! Today, 07:29 AM

l----Skipper 24 Thanks, I have now joined! Today, 07:39 AM

l----Natman8000 I've been a member for some time. Its been fun... Today, 08:43 AM

They are comming up like this instead. Is it just me?

Thanks

This happened to me once so I know how annoying it is. This should help though.

At the top of each topic, there is a 'Options' menu. Clicking this menu will expand the options menu.

You can also select one of three topic display modes:

Outline - shows you one post with a list of the remaining posts at the below it, in tree format.

Standard - this display mode shows the topic in the standard layout of one post above another, in the order selected by the administrator.

Linear+ - is similiar to standard with the added benefit of having the first post of the topic always shown at the top, no matter what page of the topic you are on.

I think you want standard. Hope this works.

For some reason the replies in topics aren't comming up normal.

Posts in this topic

l-Tom Bricks Eurobricks group on Flickr Today, 06:48 AM

l--Captain Green Hair Joined! Today, 07:29 AM

l----Skipper 24 Thanks, I have now joined! Today, 07:39 AM

l----Natman8000 I've been a member for some time. Its been fun... Today, 08:43 AM

They are comming up like this instead. Is it just me?

Tom Bricks have provided some good advice. In this topic, there are many other members whom have experienced it too. Check this topic for further advice.

This topic is merged.

Thanks.

Hi!

I very annoyed with the other posts in the topic thing, I now need to click a post to view it, but before I could just scroll down and I could see the posts and read them, is there any way I can switch this off?

Already thanks and sorry if this is posted before.

Greets!

I believe your answer is here. In short, switch your view from "Outline" to "Standard".

It's in Options.

I believe your answer is here. In short, switch your view from "Outline" to "Standard".

It's in Options.

Thank you!!

Finally I can see topics as normal!

Topic can be closed.

Greets!

Oh, I think I found out why this happens randomly! Some links to other topics on EuroBricks have the display mode placed into the link. Here's an example of a link that would change your display mode to "outline":

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...p;mode=threaded

As you can see, the link has an extra extension that says "&mode=threaded". That's probably why it happens randomly to people; they click links to topics on Eurobricks that have the extension in it.

Oh, sorry. :blush:

Happened to me just now. Quite frustrating, really. Glad I didn't start a new topic for it though.

What happens to the individual topics, when viewing posts they are bunched up as links to see the whole post instead of the posts all lined up with all words and pictures displayed. I will get a picture of what it looks like in a minute.

EDIT: Oh damn, looks like I missed the other topic that seems to show what I mean. "Branching Tree Variety" Sorry. :blush:

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

What happens to the individual topics, when viewing posts they are bunched up as links to see the whole post instead of the posts all lined up with all words and pictures displayed. I will get a picture of what it looks like in a minute.

EDIT: Oh damn, looks like I missed the other topic that seems to show what I mean. "Branching Tree Variety" Sorry. :blush:

Yep, that's the one. :sweet: I'll merge...

Sorry if this has been posted somwhere else, but every time i go to read a topic all the replies are bunched up and to read them i have to click on them individualy :wacko: (only one opens at a time). Its a bit tricky to actualy read any convesations if i have to go through each individual post :hmpf: . Is this something new to the forums or just my comuter? (if its a problem with my computer how do i fix it?)

Thanks for the help.

Look in the upper right corner of the first post, hit "options", and change the view to standard.