Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Creating the perfect Admiral...

I want to know what pieces I should use to create a more fancy looking Admiral than the ones we see in the pirate sets.

I don't care what torsos I use, as long as they fit the time period (1600s-1800s). Would replacing the admirals arms with white arms do anything, or are there better torsos? Only limitation is I would like it to be a lighter color. Actually, as long as its not black.

I have a good one for the Pirate Captain, but I need one for my big Grand Admiral or whatever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If only there was a blue, red, or white of the Gilderoy!

The Imperial Armada ruffles is good, but its green... and it doesnt really go well with blue or red soldiers(as that is what I need it for)...

The Blue Pirate one isn't bad except for the ruffled shirt makes it look sloppy.

That white rare pirate guy isn't bad... I didn't think about that... if I gave him white legs, white hands, some epaullets, a white cape and a nice hat, he may fit the part very well...

Thanks for the ideas!

I've looked through most of the torso's and that is one of the best i've seen for a white one... if anyone else has suggestions though, it would be appreciated.

The first link's not working, for me at least... :(

I'll post some custom minifigs of mine later when I have some time to take photos, perhaps this will inspire you as well.

Now the custom figures I promised. I have much less redcoats than bluecoats in my collection so to even things up I created some custom redcoat commanders.

admiral.jpg

This is an admiral who is in command of my HMS Progress and can be seen on some pictures of that ship. As you can see I used policeman's torso which doesn't look bad in my opinion. The police bagde may be considered a medal or a decorative motif of some kind.

commander.jpg

I call this one a commander, but he can be a captain or whatever you want, or an admiral if you give him the admiral's hat. He's my second in command of the HMS Progress and can be spotted aboard her as well. I used fireman's torso for him.

admiral2.jpg

Another captain or admiral made using Sam Sinister's torso (from Orient Expedition, as seen in Secret of the Tomb for instance).

And now a bonus:

medic.jpg

Bluecoats' ship's surgeon, made using the medic's torso from Doc Ock's Fusion Lab. I know the light grey pattern was supposed to be jacket's zip, however it may also be considered a decorative ornament.

As you can see I've used some parts that represent times after 1800s, however they don't have any specific modern elements and IMO fit here well.

The medics jacket works pretty well!

And that Sam Sinister torso is great. I'm using it for some of my pirates.

More variety in pirate mini-figures, especially the Admirals is a very good thing.

Post more pictures for me!

I told you man! White hands. White trimmed bicorne. White epaulettes. Distinguished looking face, perhaps with white beard. Blue Admiral jacket. Black cape. White triple plume in hat. White pants. Give him a sabre too. Done.

HEED ME!!!

Are you suggesting that all Admirals should be aging dapper gentlemen? Surely after they go completely grey they'd want to retire and live off a military pension. Or perhaps become a governor of an island. I always imagined Governor Broadside was an Admiral or something in his younger days...

Another part which can be used as an alternative admiral's outfit is the vampire's torso:

973pdf.png

Well, the handkerchief with drops of blood looks a bit disturbing, maybe it'd be better for an evil pirate captain after all. I used this torso to make Ghost Rider (see here).

i feel that most of the torsos on this thread look a bit too civilian. i wouldn't use brown or grey on a torso. Most of these people like to be noticed, so they would want bright looking colours i guess, like white, red and/or blue, some decorations if it's possible... Maybe i 'll find an example i like on BL. The white gloves is a great idea! for some reason, i don't really like the white legs. they look weird to me...

i also wonder if officers are allowed to have a beard...

The Vampire Torso is great. I was going to get that for one of my Captains(as the crew wears black) but I may try it as a Imperial Admiral too... gonna try it out...

Which high ranking officiers have worn dark colours in history? Real history that is.

Mr Sting, six months later have you taken pictures of what you did with the captain's torso? It appears you've used it for your avatar but haven't posted a full picture yet.

The Imperial Armada ruffles is good, but its green... and it doesnt really go well with blue or red soldiers(as that is what I need it for)...

Hey Sting,

Are you willing to customize? I haven't heard a lot of talk about that here on EB, but here is a link to variations to some pirate torsos that Anthony Sava came up with:

Stickers for pirate torsos

The pirate torsos are on the second page.

Not all of these would work for your admiral, but a few might. All you have to do is save the files you want on your computer and print them out on sticker or decal paper, then stick them on an appropriate torso...

Josh

Edit: Hey, I just noticed I got a title. Sweet!

Great stuff! I didn't expect Pirate torsos to be available on Classic Castle! They might be very useful if you want to create a custom army and need uniforms other than the original. I must try designing a custom torso myself some day!

Are you willing to customize? I haven't heard a lot of talk about that here on EB, but here is a link to variations to some pirate torsos that Anthony Sava came up with:

Stickers for pirate torsos

You must have a sixth sense if you can hear typed text! :-D But yes indeed we're interested in customisation, not only mini-figures, but ship sails, cannons and even piggies (The Imperial Guards need their ham)...

Mr JoshW, do you know if anybody has printed those custom pirate torsos and applied them to a mini-figure?

I used the vampire torso shown earlier in this thread for a pirate captain. I had to do this because I used all classic Captain Redbeard's torsos for custom Spanish soldiers. I think they fit well, and so does the vampire torso - just add epaulettes, pirate captain's hat, a hook and a pegleg are always welcome and you've got a good-looking pirate captain.

It will be all in a Custom Pirate Minifigs thread I will create as soon as I have time to take some pictures. Or if someone has some pictures of his own such minifigs he is welcome to create such thread now and I will join it as soon as I've taken my pics.