Sign in to follow this  
DJ Force

MOC: Ford Mustang GT

indexed.gif V-LV-21F

I´d like to share my latest creation with you, which I´m quite proud of.

The Ford Mustang GT

(needs a different colored roof, though)

Isometric front:

mustang-gt-01.jpg

Side view:

mustang-gt-02.jpg

Isometric back:

mustang-gt-03.jpg

Let me know what you think! :classic:

A very powerful and bully looking car, and a fine rendering indeed... lovely! :thumbup:

The car doors´re cleverly done and the front and rear sections and the roof sloping´re very smart indeed.

Little to much slope up front. The Mustang has a more boxed front nose, it does slope some but if you set that car next to your Camaro idea they don't work to well.

Other then that, the front lower nose is good looking. The blue oval stud in the front center is a perfect touch. Everyone that knows Fords will know why that is there.

Little to much slope up front. The Mustang has a more boxed front nose, it does slope some but if you set that car next to your Camaro idea they don't work to well.

Other then that, the front lower nose is good looking. The blue oval stud in the front center is a perfect touch. Everyone that knows Fords will know why that is there.

Thanks a lot for constructive critics! :thumbup:

Can you think of any other part I could use for the sloped front? I might give it a try to use the roof piece for the hood as well. That would result in only 2/3 height slope. Then again, I don´t know how I could continue the hood without having a strong gap. That piece is only 4 studs long, and that´s too short :sceptic:

BTW: I actually got rid of the blue round plate again, since the Mustang has the Horse instead. Still, I might try to tackle some other Fords and use the plate there :laugh:

Thanks a lot for constructive critics! :thumbup:

Can you think of any other part I could use for the sloped front? I might give it a try to use the roof piece for the hood as well. That would result in only 2/3 height slope. Then again, I don´t know how I could continue the hood without having a strong gap. That piece is only 4 studs long, and that´s too short :sceptic:

BTW: I actually got rid of the blue round plate again, since the Mustang has the Horse instead. Still, I might try to tackle some other Fords and use the plate there :laugh:

I think your onto something with a roof piece up front. That would look very right in my eyes.

The Mustang horse you could use a silver single round stud?

Looks good...you're re-creating the 1999-2004 Fox platform Mustang, correct? I think the gray wheel arches would look better in yellow...or, you could add dark gray plates to the chassis and bottom of the body for a low-key two-tone effect. That could "slim down" the car a little in profile.

I think your onto something with a roof piece up front. That would look very right in my eyes.

I´ll definetly give it a try, but still I don´t know how to extend that piece. It´s only 4 studs long and I would need 6 at least.

Looks good...you're re-creating the 1999-2004 Fox platform Mustang, correct? I think the gray wheel arches would look better in yellow...or, you could add dark gray plates to the chassis and bottom of the body for a low-key two-tone effect. That could "slim down" the car a little in profile.

Those wheel arches are only available in dark bley in LDD. I´ll definetly get them in the car color when ordering the parts from Bricklink. But your idea of two-tone color is interesting. I´ll give it a try! Thanks!

About the platform... Actually I don´t know which year that one is based off. My knowledge of Mustang is basically this: 1966 is cool, 80ies are megablocks and the next good model is the latest, which covers everything from the 90ies till now :tongue:

The design isgood...very good, but you need to lower the car. I mean the area around those doors are too high in my opnion. I hope, you understand what I mean. Otherwise I will use a pic to illustrate what I mean.

I see what you mean. Thing is: The windscreen piece is too low. It should be at least 1 1/3 high, even better 1 2/3. Otherwise the car below needs to be deeper to fit a minifig.