How do you rate this set?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

It seems so... anti-climatic all folded up. Great review none the less!

Actually, it kind of looks like a giant cockroach :tongue:

It's the bug-like design and all that red-brown.

I also think its better this way, the sail was just another Lucas crazy idea, there is no air yet alone wind in space, and the sail only opened in space, sort of like how when ships get badly damaged in space they "fall", but there is no gravity.

That's why it's a solar sailer. :tongue: Something about solar winds.

Don't question it, it's Star Wars. :tongue:

Doesn't he just radiate evil? Either that, or he ate something that disagreed with him.

Hilarious :laugh:

Great review, one of your best so far! :thumbup::wink:

You've completely changed my mind about this set for the better! If it wasn't for the price I'd get this set with out a second thought!!! Where did you get it btw? Is it available at TRU already? :look:

Also, does the back close up completely? :sceptic:

Cheers and great review! :thumbup:

Hilarious :laugh:

Great review, one of your best so far! :thumbup::wink:

You've completely changed my mind about this set for the better! If it wasn't for the price I'd get this set with out a second thought!!! Where did you get it btw? Is it available at TRU already? :look:

Also, does the back close up completely? :sceptic:

Cheers and great review! :thumbup:

I got this from Shop@Home but I would imagine it will be in stores soon. TRU may even have a special price promotion for it; you never know. Except with Star Wars they tend to mark things up first and then mark them down :hmpf:

The back only closes as far as shown to enclose the speeder but you could mod this. Personally I don't think it looks bad, although it could probably use a few 1x1 bley cheese wedges to make it a little smoother on the bubble cockpits.

I got this from Shop@Home but I would imagine it will be in stores soon. TRU may even have a special price promotion for it; you never know. Except with Star Wars they tend to mark things up first and then mark them down :hmpf:

The back only closes as far as shown to enclose the speeder but you could mod this. Personally I don't think it looks bad, although it could probably use a few 1x1 bley cheese wedges to make it a little smoother on the bubble cockpits.

True, I guess I'll do that, thanks!

I guess I should start saving up soon :thumbup:

I never realised it was curved.

I also think its better this way, the sail was just another Lucas crazy idea, there is no air yet alone wind in space, and the sail only opened in space, sort of like how when ships get badly damaged in space they "fall", but there is no gravity.

:laugh: I do hope you're kidding.

It's Solar Sailer, not Wind Sailer or something like that.

I don't ever recall seeing spaceships fall in Star Wars, except when they're close enough to a planet to be influenced by the planets gravity. - So it wouldn't even be close to "sort of like...."

That's why it's a solar sailer. :tongue: Something about solar winds.

Don't question it, it's Star Wars. :tongue:

There's nothing to question.

Sheesh! Didn't you learn anything in school?

Harnessing solar winds rocks! :thumbup:

Great review! It was great that you showed the sets from many angles and the rotating picture idea to make it look like it was flying was very clever. Nice review :thumbup: .

Yay! The new lightsaber is chrome. :cry_happy: That's awesome.

Yay! And it's not the new unshiny chrome , it's are good old silver. :cry_happy:

Great Review. :tongue:

Edited by The crazy one

That Review is one of the best I've ever seen :thumbup:

This set looks really nice, I love the new figures.

Most of the people say: ''And again these sh** animated figures'', but what is so bad about these. I think if you compare a picture from the series and one from the LEGO-figure. You can see, TLC did a well job!

Series:

20080619_tcw05.jpg

Lego:

d-dookucloseup.jpg

The prices of the set is not to good, but well this is always known in the community :hmpf_bad:

So thank's for this great review..

Greetings 'Bricks'

Thanks for the awesome review!

I must say, I do not like this set. No sail, and most of the room is taken up by the speeder. On top of that, it is overpriced for my tastes. :thumbdown:

On the other hand, I hope to see that hairpiece in the future! :cry_happy:

Loved this set....great review, Hillary Clinton (but can you make Bill?) and the dream ending to CW season 1 (actually, my dream ending is A flash-forward to O66 and Vader killing her :classic: )

What I really want to know....is this set suffering from the 10 dollar pricejack often typical of TRU? Which would mean, is it availible for less at a LEGO brand store?

Nice review, Looks like a good set on the outside but it is many bricks on the inside. Only space for a speeder. Guess its a good chance to do some modding!

I cant believe Lucas trademarked the name Pilot Droid. Seriously, loads of other Sci-Fi series's uses that name! :grin:

Thanks for this amazing review svelte_corps :thumbup: . I initially love this ship but this review make me want it even more :laugh: . I think it is very good move of the TLC to release two extra exclusive sets apart from the January wave. So this will make many AFOLs possible to wait that amazing Summer sets that are so awesome :grin: . I like the brown and dark tan mix of the ship cause it makes it look more colorful. Also the Dooku minifig is in my opinion the best CW yet and that clever pilot droid could be a nice add to my collection. Also I really like the way the speeder can be stored in the back of the ship. Maybe the only "con" of the set could be the lack of sails but I don´t think that a really big issue :grin: .

svelte_corps. I love this awesome great review! :cry_happy:

It's so incredible and filled with so many unique approach and presenation. This review has demostrate the various playable parts and combinations. I love the light saber hilt which is actually chrome. Count Dooku, himself is just so cool and mean looking and of course, the re-creation of the Jedi Duel is extremely creative and innovative. I must admit, you have indeed lived to your title. :thumbup:

This is what I called, a powerhouse review for all deserving SW fans to view. :wub:

Umm just a weird request, could you please measure the dimensions for me? :grin:

I mainly need to know what the length is for space reasons.

Thanks! :classic:

Of the set or the box? :wacko:

How can such a youngling already be running out of storage room? :laugh:

EDITED to add:

box - 7cm x 28cm x 48cm

ship - 10cm x 10cm x 28cm (but at rest it sits at a slight angle so takes up a bit more space)

Great review! I cant wait to get it! Its a good thing this comes with 2 magna guards, I didnt want to waste money on buying the magna guard fighter.

This is a great review! I can see you have put a lot of effort into this. Great job!

LegoKing

Thanks for the great review. This looks like on of the sets I am going to love to build. There are some of these sets that are more fun to build than they are to play with, and this looks like one of them. I will definitely be looking for this one.

Of the set or the box? :wacko:

How can such a youngling already be running out of storage room? :laugh:

EDITED to add:

box - 7cm x 28cm x 48cm

ship - 10cm x 10cm x 28cm (but at rest it sits at a slight angle so takes up a bit more space)

I need it for the ship so thanks! :thumbup:

I have a very smaller room and I don't have any Lego on display so I keep them in my draws :blush:

EDIT: spelling

Edited by hollisbrick

Great review. Mediocre set. Its only assets are the cool colors (dark tan) and the hair piece.

But the whole thing in itself looks a bit too much like a random heap of bricks that can be bought cheaper on Bricklink (oops, now I am talking about the price anyway... but I missed all discussion about that, only heard about this set yesterday, and 80 euros is outrageous even for a star wars set)

I willl get the harpiece, though. And good to see that slowly a bit more dark tan pieces are popping up (even though almost nobody will buy this set so the market will still not be flooded with dark tan pieces...)

Thanks for yet another great review! Ignoring the price issue, I voted Average. (It would have been poor otherwise.) The lack of sails makes the whole thing a bit silly. A solar sailer transport is a silly concept as it is, but a solar sailer without sails.... :wacko: Seriously; I wanted sails! Moving on, I'd love the Dooku but I've already bought the AAT for Yoda... :blush:

(Hovering tanks... that's almost as silly as a solar sailer transport. OK. I'll shut up now. :tongue: )

what do you mean the ideal ending for S1 of TCW to be Dooku slaying Ahsoka? Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters. Whiney and shrill from time to time but I like her. As one wise blogger said, "little Miss Spunkadelic" :D

Great review btw ;D

Oh, and it's too expensive D:<

;)