Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

SWCG: End of season one

Share your opinions!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the first season of the SWCG?

• Yes, a lot
    • Pretty good
    • Maybe...
    • Not really
    • No, not at all
  2. 2. Were you satisfied with the posts of the players?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
  3. 3. Were you satisfied with the behavior of the leaders?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
  4. 4. Did you like the format?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Would you like to see another season?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Hi guys,

long time no see huh? Most of you players probably don't even know me anymore as I've almost never been to EB over the last six month.

Oky Wan sent me a PM on brickhorizon.com asking me if I'd like to rejoin the SWCG, that's why I'm writing this post here right now.

In general the answer would have to be yes, as I had great fun playing it with you guys in the beginning more than half a year ago. Unfortunately I cannot participate at the moment because of various reasons which are:

1. I am studying at the University of Bayreuth (Germany) which is about 360km from my original home. This means I have almost no bricks here as I only took my Clone Army with me.

2. Over the next weeks there will be a lot of exams for me. Because of this I do not have much spare time. :sceptic:

3. The little sparetime I have to surf online is almost entirely consumed by my activity on brickhorizon.com. Unfortunately I just don't have time to maintain an active account on two forums.

From what I've seen in the topics Oky Wan linked me to you seem to have made some great progress and found several new players too.

When I have holidays (That's in April) I will be at home for about a month and could maybe have a kind of a guest-appearance. Only if I were allowed to of course.

Otherwise I wish you guys all the best, some of you I do see now and then on BH, feel free to send me a message there or whatever if you want to.

Cheers, Benny aKa Moda Annix aKa Vaders_son

YAY! Vaders_son is back! How are we going to re introduce him to the story? :oh:

The ship has now officially been called Fortitude with the secret code name Dauntless. :thumbup:

GREAT! Four more days to go before the SWCG will start. :cry_happy: Countdown time! :classic:

JD

Welcome back vaders_son, we'll have to introduce you again, your character died in chapter 3, but because of Oky Wan's ending you are now alive, but with no memory of the comic game, although I think the ex-characters should have fuzzy memories or something, and meeting us awakens your memories, or at least part of them anyway.

Or obviously you could be a new character

Btw, what does "RETCON" mean?
"Retcon is retroactive continuity–the science of making stuff fit and getting better stories out of it."

―Karen Traviss

Let's just say it's a weak one.

same meaning.

Just out of curiosity: Why is my first MOC listed after Vaders_son's MOC? It was posted before his and is set before the events in his MOC.

:hmpf_bad: does it really matter?

Glad to hear the comic game is coming back soon, i better charge my camera :laugh:

Jim, you need to update my biography and picture, and include my only comic so far.

to save you searching,

Name: Garviel Loken

Homeworld:Chandrila

Born to merchant parents on Chandrila, Garviel left Chandrila and moved to Coruscant aged 19. He joined Republic Intelligence monitoring the increased activities of CIS force. After the Battle of Geonosis and the huge increase of clone intelligent officers, Garviel was promoted to an undercover agent. He was stationed on Pau city on Utapau monitoring a large separatist research facility, when he met MacK, Oky wan Kenobi and Jim Butcher. After narrowly escaping execution he joined the team to help destroy the separatist time machine, taking him to such locations as hoth, felucia and even the future.

After returning to the past of an changed timeline, Garviel has mainly been increasing his skills as well as working with the rest of the team to aid the republic. His person starfighter is a Delta 7b, that was given to him by a jedi knight who he saved from a Spider droid. The ship has been extensivly upgraded by Oky, with stronger shields, more laser cannons and a hyperdrive. He currently lives on the Fortitude with the rest of the team

Benny! It's really good to see you here again! :sweet: Sorry, we had to kill you off in the game, but please feel free to make a guest appearance at any time, or (if you have time, become a full player). PM me when you're ready to play (however far away that may be), and we'll arrange for you to play. :sweet:

GREAT! Four more days to go before the SWCG will start. :cry_happy: Countdown time! :classic:

JD

Maybe sooner than you think. :wink:

No, not really, but I'll rearrange them soon. I'll have the chapter 4 index done tonight... hopefully. :grin: I'll add your content to the index, as well.

EDIT: The MOC index is now complete. :sweet: Sorry that it took so long... everyone may now bring the discussion over to the Index thread, and the new season will begin shortly. I just have to work out a few last-minute details with Oky Wan.

If a moderator so kind as to closing this topic, I would be most grateful. :sweet:

I'll be wearing my original outfit (now that decals have been provided}. :wink:

Are you gonna be wearing the same helmet too? I don't think I have it in black. Would brown be OK? If not, what do you suggest as a replacement?

Of course not. :hmpf: As I said, I was just curious if there is a reason for it to be this way. :hmpf_bad:

The MOC index is now complete. :sweet:

Hooray! Cue the Ewok celebration song! :laugh:

As Jim said, the new season will begin shortly! :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

That MOC Index is very good Jim! :thumbup:

Are you gonna be wearing the same helmet too? I don't think I have it in black. Would brown be OK? If not, what do you suggest as a replacement?

! :tongue:
As Jim said, the new season will begin shortly! :sweet:

Hooray! :sweet:

For the start of S2 i'm not going to be with the rest of the group, my character is on a separate mission but only for 3 posts or so, whatever my mission is its almost finished, i get a holographic message from Oky or Jim or someone saying "come back, some things come up."

It makes whatever the mission is seem important as i'm being pulled away from whatever it is i'm doing,

By the looks of thing the images of my only picture image has stopped working, i'll fix it ASAP

Hooray! Cue the Ewok celebration song!

Original or special edition one? :tongue:

YUB YUB.

Are Jim and Oky alright with me having a love interest in season 2?

Great index Jim! :thumbup:

According to Oky a few pages back:

She was? default_look.gif I don't recall that. Anyway, of course you can! That would probably be pretty interesting. I think everyone is allowed to have one sidekick (like Wouwie has Rex and Bob has that Jedi). Your lover could be your sidekick. But if she really did appear in the last season, you'll have to work out the whole time paradox problem somehow

so yes, you can,may i recommend to solve your paradox problem, may i recommend my idea, on the last page to re introduces Vaders_son.

I think the ex-characters should have fuzzy memories, and meeting us awakens your memories, or at least part of them anyway

so she thinks she remembers your character, but she thinks its a character from a TV show/dream/whatever

My sidekick will be my Astromech Droid in my JSF

Yes, I think when characters from Season 1 appear in this one, they should just instantly remember everything once they meet us. Let's not make this anything too complicated or weird (unless you want it to be so). :wink:

Are Jim and Oky alright with me having a love interest in season 2?

Great index Jim! :thumbup:

Thanks. At first I thought you meant that you had a love interest in Season Two, as in the game itself. :laugh: But yeah, it would be fine. Just don't have any long, boring Ani-Padme "love" scenes, like in RotS. :grin:

Let's not make this anything too complicated or weird (unless you want it to be so). :wink:

coughcoughnoparadoxescough. :wink:

I'll open the Season Two thread now, but do not post in it until Oky Wan makes the first post this weekend. I'll be away for the weekend, but I'll see you guys on Sunday afternoon. Have fun with the new season! :sweet:

Oh, and please bring the discussion over to the Index thread. Thanks. :wink:

In memory of the awesome first season and in celebration of the start of the second season, here is the Season 1 finale with pics! :sweet: Enjoy:

Rex pressed the detonator... but nothing happen. "What's going on?" asked Garviel. "I don't know, Sir, the detonator seems fine, but it's not working!" replied Rex confused. "Dammit!" cursed Garviel, "What do we do now?"

"Hey guys," said a familiar voice behind them. They turned around and saw Adam, Pr0, Thok, and the present JD standing there. "YOU?? But... how?" stuttered Jim surprised. "Long story," said Pr0. "Looks like you guys could use some help." "You got that right!" confirmed Wouwie, relieved to have some back up. "Then let's show those Clankers what we're made of!" said JD, took out the chaingun that was given to him by his future self earlier, and started firing away at the droids. As they fired, they retreated backwards, until they got to the exit. But the door was locked.

2008_12_fz50_179small.jpg

"It's too many of 'em!" exclaimed Rex. "Where is MacK with his grenades when you need him!" said Oky Wan. "Wait a minute," said Thok, "I may not have explosive grenades, but I do have EMP grenades!" "Droid poppers? Excellent!" said Jim. "Then what are you waiting for - Use them!" "right," said Thok, pulled the EMPs out of his belt, and threw them in the middle of the droids. After a few seconds, they went off, disabling the entire droid army.

2008_12_fz50_193small.jpg

2008_12_fz50_194small.jpg

The group jumped up and made triumphant sounds. "Alright, now let's get out of here!" said Jim. "We can call in the armada and have them bomb this place into the ground." "NO, WAIT!" called JD. "Will and my future self are still in there! We need to save them!" And with those words, he ran off back to the room with the time machine. "JD, wait!" Jim called after him, but he was already gone. "Don't just stand there, after him! He needs our support!" Jim told the others, and so they followed JD.

2008_12_fz50_197small.jpg

When they entered the time machine room, they were shocked by what they saw. Will and future JD lay on the ground, dead, and 8P-4C had been sliced into many parts. In the center of the room stood General Grievous, holding present JD up by his throat.

2008_12_fz50_202small.jpg

The general laughed: "Isn't that touching! The noble heroes return to save their friends. Haha! Too bad they are already dead... Just like the rest of you is going to be!" And with that, he impaled JD with one of his lightsabers and threw his corpse aside. "NOOOOOOOOOOO! You monster!" cried Jim and charged at Grievous with flaming rage. Adam and Pr0, the only others with a lightsaber, followed him. Grievous split his arms and ignited all of his lightsabers. The others started to shoot at Grievous, but they were soon attacked by the mutants that the droid general had released earlier. Therefore, they were forced to concentrate their fire on them rather than Grievous. The mutants were pretty advanced, so they were much faster and much better armored than any before them.

2008_12_fz50_204small.jpg

2008_12_fz50_206small.jpg

Meanwhile, the lightsaber wielders were having a fierce duel with the droid general. They fought well, but in the end they were no match for the general's speed and agility. First, Pr0 got cut in the side and fell to the ground. Then, a few minutes later, Adam lost his lightsaber-holding arm and one of his legs. In the end, there was only Jim left. He fought as hard as he could, but with no one to distract Grievous, the general was able to block every attack from him. Jim kept fighting nevertheless.

2008_12_fz50_208small.jpg

However, at one point, Grievous caught him off-guard and sliced off his lightsaber-holding hand. Jim dropped on his knees, screaming in pain.

2008_12_fz50_215small.jpg

Grievous lowered down to him and said: "Foolish Republic scum! Did you really think you could defeat me! I have taken on much more powerful Jedi than you! And did you really think I wouldn't notice that you set up charges in this room? Once you fled into the corridor, I defused them. Now, there is nothing that can stop me! Friends or not, you must realize: you are doomed!" Jim stared him in his yellow eyes and said: "You may have won this time, general, but the Republic will never be defeated! They will find you and destroy you!" Grievous squinted his eyes and said: "I don't think so." And he stabbed Jim into his chest.

Oky Wan watched in horror as his best friend Jim fell to the ground. "Jim! NOOOOOO!" He gave the last mutant the finishing shot and started firing at Grievous. The others followed his example. Grievous dashed forward at them and started slicing and dicing the last few clones. Next, he swung towards Oky's direction, but thanks to his force-precognition powers, Oky was able to jump away before Grievous could hurt him too much. However, he wasn't fast enough, so he got a pretty deep cut into his stomach. Oky fell to the cold floor, crumbling in pain. It hurt so much that he could get back up, and so he was forced to watch the droid general kill the rest of his friends.

2008_12_fz50_218small.jpg

One minute later, the massacre was over. Grievous straightened up, put away his lightsabers, and joined his arms. Then, he left the room, coughing.

There was silence. Deep, painful silence. Oky pulled out a shot of bacta and injected it into his wound. After the pain had decreased, he sat up straight. He looked around the room and saw all of his friends' corpses littering the floor.

2008_12_fz50_220small.jpg

Tears filled his eyes. He could not believe this had happened. He dearly wished there was a way to reverse all of this. Of course, he was sitting in a room with a time machine, but without crystals to fuel it, there was no hope in getting it to work...

If only he had one of those crystals...

one of those crystals from the Utapau mines...

Just one...

That's when Oky remembered. He did have one of those crystals! He had taken one with him when they had walked through the mines! Feverishly, he reached into his pocket, and when he pulled it out, he was holding the greenish crystal in his hand! Happiness flooded his heart. It would not take him far back in time, but far enough. He got on his feet and started walking toward the time machine. In his head, he was constructing a plan. He collected an EMP grenade from Thok's belt on his way to the machine. He stepped up to the device, put the crystal into the fuel container, and set the coordinates.

2008_12_fz50_222small.jpg

Then, he pulled the lever that Grievous had pulled just a few moments ago, and a new portal appeared in the center of the machine. Without wasting any of the single crystal's energy, He stepped into the portal...

2008_12_fz50_225small.jpg

When he came out the other end, Oky Wan experienced a deja vu. In front of him, there was Grievous, fighting Jim, Adam, and Pr0, while the others were defending themselves against the droid army that entered the room. Adam, Thok, and Pr0 were amongst them, so they had apparently not followed JD into the portal yet, meaning that there were still energy crystals left.

p1040391small.jpg

Nobody seemed to have noticed yet that Oky had come out of the machine. Now is my chance, Oky Wan thought, and yelled: "Hey Grievous! I have a surprise for you!" Grievous turned around and looked confused. Oky threw Thok's EMP right in front of the droid general's feet. As it went off, Grievous fell to the floor, unable to move.

p1040394small.jpg

Jim and the others were happy to see that, but they were too confused to show it. Of course, Oky's past self was the most confused. "No time for explanations!" Oky told them. "Rex, I need your charges!" "Errr... Yes, Sir..." said Rex, still irritated, and handed Oky the charges.

p1040399small.jpg

Oky Wan punched some coordinates into the time machine and walked up to the portal that appeared. "Oky... What are you doing?" asked Jim. Oky answered: "I'm making sure that this hellish device is never created!" With those words, he threw the pack of explosives into the portal, and as it disappeared, he hit the detonator.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Okay/Sta...040404small.jpg

There was a massive explosion of bright light, and suddenly, it felt like they were all sucked into a different world. The next thing they knew was that they woke up in the place where their whole adventure started: The deserted industrial section of Coruscant. They were all there, but now there was only one Oky Wan and only one JD again. Oky looked at the time. It was mere hours before the time where he met Annix, Jim, and Thok for the first time.

p1040463small.jpg

Jim came to his senses and said: "Oky... What did you do?" "I sent the charges back to the time and place where the time machine was first developed: the research facility on Hoth, at the time where Adam told us that there was a cosmic disturbance! I blew up the machine, and maybe even the facility, so the separatists never developed a time machine and we never went on a quest to destroy it! Everything has been reset - only this time there wont be any time machine." "But at this time, only you, me, and Thok were on Coruscant. Why are all the others here? And why do we remember what happened?" "I think it's because we were there when everything was reset. I bet MacK, Annix, Xela, and all the others who died during our mission are alive now, but they don't remember what happened because they were not with us anymore when we reset time." "Hm, that's a pity," said Jim, "but it's good to know they are OK."

They all got up and complimented what Oky had done, and in return, he complimented and thanked everyone for their help in making this mission a success. When nobody had anything to say annymore, Wouwie said: "So... What do we do now?"

Hope you liked it. I made the time machine so StarGate-ish because that's just what I think of when I imagine a sci-fi portal thingy. :wink: I still tried to stay true to the desciption of the machine that Adam once made, though. He said that it looked somewhat ugly, with a lot of greebles all over it. That's how I made it.

Oh, and please bring the discussion over to the Index thread. Thanks. :wink:

You heard the man! If you want to comment on my MOC above, please do so in the SWCG discussion thread. Topic (semi) closed. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

StarGate-ish because that's just what I think of when I imagine a sci-fi portal thingy.

Oglethorpe.jpg

It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie, which I have never seen, so how would I copy it? I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate. "Goes far." Get it? And there is no way it came from that movie or that syndicated series based on the movie.

*To understand this post watch the Aqua teen hunger forceepisode: Bad Replicant*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, though, no more posts in this thread! Please. Or else! :vader:

Sign in to follow this