Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Legoland Sea Life Tour

Legoland Sea Life Tour

01build2.jpg

Are you prepared to venture into the unexplored waters of the deep?

If so, you may find the sunken City of Atlantis...

But beware, these waters are filled with sharks and other strange creatures that minifigs may not have been meant to see.

Join me as I explore Legoland California's Sea Life for an Aquatic Adventure.

The tour begins in a small room with a television. A "cheesy" Poseidon with Santa beard begins telling you about Legoland Sea Life. The video is pretty quick before the doors open into the next room - Lake Tahoe for the kiddies. There's not much excitement here.

02film.jpg

The next few rooms, San Fransisco Harbor and California Coast contain various tanks.

03sharks.jpg

Let's dive a little deeper, shall we?

04fish.jpg

That was quite the work out. On the shore of the California Coast, a young lady stands with her surf board. I love the octopus. :wub:

05girl.jpg

After a quick walk through Kelp Forest, I find my way into the Shoaling Ring. The room is dark inside with a tank all around you:

07room.jpg

I make my way past a great shark mural. Lucky for me, that's not real :cry_sad: :

06shark.jpg

The next room is the Southern California Tide Pool. Inside is a small open tank and I think this is also where I found this Atlantis MOC:

08atlantis.jpg

I make my way into the Sea Life Lab where I take this awesome picture of a Jelly Fish:

09jelly.jpg

And some coral along the walls:

13coral.jpg

The Lost City of Atlantis has the best sites. Let's take a closer look:

A large shark swims by:

10shark.jpg

Who might you be? :wub:

10shark2.jpg

I'll try to get closer with my submersible. Unfortunately, the bright lights caused her him to swim away:

11sub.jpg

Seems my sub has gotten stuck along the bottom. I'm going to resurface and walk a bit.

12sub2.jpg

This tunnel leads through the Lost City of Atlantis:

13walk.jpg

Back under the water, there are many manta rays swimming along the sunken city:

14ray1.jpg

Wow! This one almost took a bite out of me:

15ray2.jpg

Seems Aqua Raiders Sub 76 has ventured into the lost city:

16sub76.jpg

Check out these ancient artifacts:

17ruins.jpg

After that dive, I need a little rest. The Surf Shack provides just the place:

18shack.jpg

Strangely, I found myself in the Ray Lagoon, a large Adventure-themed chamber containing a large tank of small manta rays:

19advent.jpg

This is my kinda place. Oops, back into Aqua Raiders mode. :blush: The murals are fantastic:

20advent3.jpg

Here's another of Atlantis. I see a potential Atlantis theme here:

20advent4.jpg

Venturing outside of the lagoon, I discover the Kingdom of the Seahorse:

21horse.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a big room for such a little horse... :grin:

The final room of the adventure is the Discovery Zone Touch Pool. Kids can pick up shells with small crabs. Just don't take them with you. :wink:

22shells.jpg

We've reached the Ocean Journey Cafe. This ends our Aquatic Adventure. I hope you've enjoyed the sneak-peek tour. :thumbup:

23end.jpg

The following EB reviews can be found for each of the Aqua Raiders sets:

7770 Deep Sea Treasure Hunter Review 1 Review 2

7771 Angler Ambush Review 1 Review 2

7772 Lobster Strike Review 1 Review 2

7773 Tiger Shark Attack Review

7774 Crab Crusher Review

7775 Aquabase Invasion Review

7776 The Shipwreck Review

Cool! That's awesome TheBrickster! :sweet: Your lucky that you got to go! Nice pictures......I haven't had a chance to go to the Sea Life Tour yet..... :cry_sad: but I'll go sometime in the near future.... :cry_happy:

Is this real?

Everything except for the first picture of the shark. It's a mural. :wink:

Cool! That's awesome TheBrickster! :sweet: Your lucky that you got to go! Nice pictures......I haven't had a chance to go to the Sea Life Tour yet..... :cry_sad: but I'll go sometime in the near future.... :cry_happy:

Thanks Lego12. I just came back yesterday. I didn't know what to expect, but it's worth seeing if you have never done so. The real thing looks a lot more impressive than the pictures.

Everything except for the first picture of the shark. It's a mural. :wink:

Thanks Lego12. I just came back yesterday. I didn't know what to expect, but it's worth seeing if you have never done so. The real thing looks a lot more impressive than the pictures.

Really? Well, I'll plan a trip sometime to visit the Sea Life Tour. :classic: I might want to go sooner than I had planned..... :grin:

TheBrickster, this is such an amazing close up visual online tour of LegoLand Sea Life Tour. You have given us a very good perspective of how Aqua Raiders and Underwater World could come together hand in hand, to educate and enrich the public with many informatic stuff and facts. :wub:

Thanks for taking your precious time off, after you have gotten back home and shared with us these awesome well edited images with various good looking tour guides from the Divers theme. Well done! :thumbup:

TheBrickster, this is such an amazing close up visual online tour of LegoLand Sea Life Tour. You have given us a very good perspective of how Aqua Raiders and Underwater World could come together hand in hand, to educate and enrich the public with many informatic stuff and facts. :wub:

Thanks WF. I'm getting better at my photo editing skills, so I'm able to do a lot more to really enhance pictures and reviews.

It's too bad Aqua Raiders was a short-lived theme. I was surprised to find a few of the sets in the gift shop at the end of the tour. Many stores had them on clearance. I see this new exhibit as an opportunity for Lego to make an Atlantis theme, with new fish and lots of aquatic life; or even an Aquatic Exploration/Marine Biology theme. I suppose that's a bit like Divers though. In any case, thanks again for the feedback.

Interesting to see, but the experience is not a patch on your series of Divers reviews from last year. I still need to pick some of those sets up :wub: Too bad the dollar crashed making bricklink much less attractive! :tongue:

WF & TB, is there an index of 'real life' or promotional Lego builds anywhere? I'm thinking of the specially built store displays and also things like this or the Vestas airport display in Singapore. Maybe it would be a useful resource just to see what gets put out there by TLG. We don't see many promo builds in Australia, lacking a Legoland or even a Lego brand store, but we do get weird things like giant brick-built monkeys, Darth Mauls and suchlike. I am always interested to see what other countries have on show.

Thank you very much for the report, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

Please don't take that personally but I must say that - apart from the Atlantis MOC which is great - I'm not so excited about the other things. (Perhaps that's even because I don't like Aquariders.)

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

(Perhaps that's even because I don't like Aquariders.)

You don't like Aqua Raiders? :sad: How about Divers?

No offense taken though. Not everyone likes every theme.

This is pretty neat! I've never been to Sea Life, but I go to LEGOLAND every week. Maybe I should check it out sometime. I get a discount on it through my LEGOLAND annual membership, so it'd be worth doing. Thanks for posting this neat tour, it's compelled me to check it out soon.

Maybe I should check it out sometime. I get a discount on it through my LEGOLAND annual membership, so it'd be worth doing. Thanks for posting this neat tour, it's compelled me to check it out soon.

Excellent! I would recommend seeing it for those who haven't been there before. I don't think that I'd go back soon, but it's definately worth a single visit.

My biggest complaint with Sea Life and Legoland is that there's no exclusive merchandise. I want some special Lego that I can't find anywhere else.

I'm digressing, but I'm in the Land of Adventure where they sell the Indy merchandise. I see a sign that says "Exclusive Indy set(s) can only be purchased in this section of the park", or something like that. I ask a young lady behind the counter if they have an "Exclusive Indy Set". She points to Temple Escape (7623) and Temple of the Crystal Skull (7627) and says, "these sets are exclusive". I was hoping that they had the comic book store exclusive or something other than main stream mdse. I quickly let her know that every Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us sell these same sets. Exclusive, my...

In any case, Sea Life only had a few of the larger Aqua Raiders sets that were on clearance in most stores last year. The rest of their mdse. is cheap plastic stuff and t-shirts made in China. This is really bad merchandising on the part of Lego (at least I think), and I didn't see anyone in line buying this stuff.