CopMike

Questions and Concerns for TLG

A problem I had many times: the hook of pirate/baron von baron breaks easily even just by turning it.

With the new pirate line in concern, please make these stronger. (like the 4+ pirate captain's hook)

It would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, could you make non-minifig parts in flesh, the wingless dwarf helmet in dark bley, black, tan etc. and the cheese slopes in more colours (looking at tan) ?

TT

Hello I have a question. Why do LEGO group charge for posting and packaging and why at that very dear price? Many other companies have free shipping (Or free if you spend over a certain amout usually something like £5-£10) and in my opinion better quailty regarding the lenth of time it takes to come and the packaging.

Thanks!

Hello I have a question. Why do LEGO group charge for posting and packaging and why at that very dear price? Many other companies have free shipping (Or free if you spend over a certain amout usually something like £5-£10) and in my opinion better quailty regarding the lenth of time it takes to come and the packaging.

Thanks!

I agree 100% with this. I realize that often the packages are large, but most companies at least offer free shipping of orders over $100 or so. But on S@H the price actually increases the more you spend. :wacko:

The packages that I get also don't really have much in the way of padding. A few rows of bubble wrap really isn't enough. I have had crushed boxes more than once.

Agreed, I read a story somewhere that online retailers are doing everything they can to sell which at the very least includes free shipping. I guess with all us AFOL's, TLG isn't hurting in this current economic state. :sadnew:

I´ll pass the question along to TLG, be back with an answer asap.

CopMike

I built 7675 River Chase from Indiana Jones.

Lots of pieces had faded color issues.

6026c01.jpg Head had to be forced onto body. It now shows stress marks.

3062b.gif or 3794.gif had almost no clutch grip.

iaj019.jpg Hair has no clutch grip.

Love the set, Hate the quality.

I posted a quick example of the color saturation problem that I had described on the first page. TLG has shed some light on this issue since I made that post, but I'm not sure exactly when they expect the colors to back to the old levels in actual, shipping sets. It would be great if you could find out any more information on this, Copmike.

Thanks!

And here´s the answer I´ve got from Steve who got it from S@H:
Steve Witt on Monday, January 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM GMT Standard Time

Here's the answer I recieved:

The Shop At Home Service was developed as an alternative purchasing medium for consumers who need additional specialty elements or who have difficulty locating sets close to home. In its early years, Shop At Home prices were determined by suggested retail pricing plus a shipping & handling fee for consumer convenience. However, approximately 7 years ago we separated the shipping and handling charges from the price of the set due to feedback from our consumers. Since then, we have worked closely with our shippers to keep their charges as low as possible.

We know in this economic climate, getting the most for your money is important to everyone. For this reason, we thought you would like to know that we do occasionally run special promotional offers which sometimes include free shipping. The latest free shipping offer was in November 2008. The best way to be aware of promotional offerings is to sign up for the Shop At Home email newsletter on our website.

The bottom line is that we want to provide you with an excellent consumer experience from merchandise selection, an easy to use web site and timely delivery of product to your doorstep. We realize how disappointing it is to receive your order and find that it has been damaged in shipping and so we closely monitor feedback from consumers about this and try to adjust our packing techniques as necessary. For instance, we recently heard from one consumer that told us that if we were shipping to high altitude climates we should not use as much bubble wrap because the air in them expanded at high altitudes. If you ever should receive a damaged package from our warehouse, please let our customer service office know. We want you to be happy not only with the product you purchased but with your entire LEGO shopping experience

CopMike

Thats what I expected, thanks anyway though Cop! You're like a god round here...

Edited by Pencoin

Why does TLC use really big boxes ? Those create issues :

- Using more materials

- Charging more for shipping

- Damaging the envirronement

And often the boxes are half empty - half full.

Make up your mind, which is it - ½ empty or ½ full :tongue:? You can´t have both :devil: !!

You want an answer on your Q? - If so I´m off to the Ambassador forum again!

CopMike

And here´s the answer I´ve got from Steve who got it from S@H:

CopMike

Well "B-R-A-V-O" :hmpf:, excuse me for not clapping here.

That may very well be so in the States, but I don't recall it ever happening in Europe?

What does our European AFOL REP have to say about that, eh?

The sales on the European S@H are mostly useless, since the added shipping makes it even more expensive than buying it at your local toystore.

Is there a future solution in the melting pot? Will we be forever stuck with the shipping prices?

Well "B-R-A-V-O" :hmpf:, excuse me for not clapping here.
Me=messenger=arrow.gif. Ouch :cry_sad:!

I have to agree with you that the answer was kind of ...... lame!! You want me to go another round?

CopMike

Me=messenger=arrow.gif. Ouch :cry_sad:!

I have to agree with you that the answer was kind of ...... lame!! You want me to go another round?

CopMike

I'd just like to know wether or not they intend to change the shipping policy globally.

I'd just like to know wether or not they intend to change the shipping policy globally.

I also would like to know! I think it's rediculas :hmpf: The shipping price is the main thing that is stopping me from getting stuff from s@h

Why does TLC use really big boxes ? Those create issues :

- Using more materials

- Charging more for shipping

- Damaging the envirronement

I also complketely agree with this as well, thanks for rasing the point, Jipay :thumbup:

The boxes are getting way to big now and for what? They can charge us more?

Thanks for your tme Mike

I also would like to know! I think it's rediculas :hmpf: The shipping price is the main thing that is stopping me from getting stuff from s@h

I'm interested in this too. CopMike, maybe you could ask if TLG might consider giving international consumers the option of removing the large boxes from the order, so as to greatly save on postage.

I also complketely agree with this as well, thanks for rasing the point, Jipay :thumbup:

The boxes are getting way to big now and for what? They can charge us more?

Thanks for your tme Mike

I know that in stores, the boxes are massive so that they look better for consumers, and so that they dominate shelf space in the toy section. However, on S@H, where you don't see the box size, massive boxes work against us.

Personally, I'd also prefer it if the S@H prices where based on weight and/or size, not price of purchase, because especially with keyrings and Power functions, price doesn't equal weight.

TLG also failed to mention in their response that the last free shipping promotion they ran had certain stipulations, namely having to spend $100. Now I know that may not be a lot for some people, but to me and many others in this "current economic crisis", that's a lot. So yeah, that response is pretty lame. :sceptic:

Further Q´s relayed to Steve.

Some more info from him also:

I know that we just went through a shipping transition in the US too. we had used UPS for the longest time, then we went to DHL, then DHL had issues, and we went back to UPS/FedEx. so there's been a lot going on in the shipping front over the last few years.

Steve

CopMike

Not your fault CopMike, but I have to agree with KimT, that didn't help much. :sceptic:

To me, a promotion is not much of a promotion when you have to spend $100 to get it... He didn't really say why the shipping prices are so high.

Most online shopping websites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount always, not just during certain times.

TLG also failed to mention in their response that the last free shipping promotion they ran had certain stipulations, namely having to spend $100. Now I know that may not be a lot for some people, but to me and many others in this "current economic crisis", that's a lot. So yeah, that response is pretty lame. :sceptic:

You can count your lucky stars guys because down here in Australia our shipping costs at S@H are far worse than anywhere else. I have NEVER seen any sort of promotion with 'free' shipping, weather we spend $100, or $1000 it doesnt matter. I wish they would offer an equivalent promotion in Australia, even if it was 'free shipping' for purchases say over $200AUD.

Consider this:

For a $25AUD order we have to pay $25 postage (18 business days) or $60 for express (8 business days)!!! :cry_sad:

For purchases over $250AUD we have to pay $45AUD or $100 for express

Aussie Shipping - see link

Im not one to complain and I love my Lego but I would love to know how TLG can justify such shipping rates. There are some great offers on the Australian S@H at the moment but as it stands with the high cost of shipping, I still cant justify buying anything from S@H. Shame really. :hmpf_bad:

I went to the shops today and I saw the new SW sets. I couldnt help to notice that, I think, that the boxes were smaller :look: Is this true?

Also another question: why does Australia get their products last. Eg. The Pirate theme arrived in the US before 09 yet Pirates wont be released in Aus. til after May? Why is this?

Thanks for your time :classic:

-hollisbrick

Seconded, I hate due to it being the ONLY place I can get Medieval Market Village (we have no Lego stores)

Also another question: why does Australia get their products last. Eg. The Pirate theme arrived in the US before 09 yet Pirates wont be released in Aus. til after May? Why is this?

Thanks for your time :classic:

-hollisbrick

Also Seconded. I sometimes feel the Australian market is over looked. Perhaps we could be put in touch with the Lego big heads of Australia?

Regards, Cpt. PB

Today I received the whole Pirate line, and I must say I was shocked. Though the sets themselves are really great, the quality of the bricks is REALLY BAD. Al bricks came in a softer than usual kind of plastic, especially whites and light grays. White bricks were even a bit translucent, and some of the had a slightly yelllow hue. I'm REALLY concerned about this and is making me think wether I'll be buying other LEGO sets. I've compared the quality of the bricks with CLONE BRAND bricks, and, to my amazement, the clones were better!!!! (didn't even bother to check them against my old LEGO bricks, as it would be TOO SAD). Has other people who bought the Pirate line found the same issue? I would really like to know.

On the other hand, I received Mediaval Market Village and the bricks, in this case, where of the usual quality, and the set itself must be the best LEGO set ever... :)

Today I received the whole Pirate line, and I must say I was shocked. Though the sets themselves are really great, the quality of the bricks is REALLY BAD. Al bricks came in a softer than usual kind of plastic, especially whites and light grays. White bricks were even a bit translucent, and some of the had a slightly yelllow hue. I'm REALLY concerned about this and is making me think wether I'll be buying other LEGO sets. I've compared the quality of the bricks with CLONE BRAND bricks, and, to my amazement, the clones were better!!!! (didn't even bother to check them against my old LEGO bricks, as it would be TOO SAD). Has other people who bought the Pirate line found the same issue? I would really like to know.

On the other hand, I received Mediaval Market Village and the bricks, in this case, where of the usual quality, and the set itself must be the best LEGO set ever... :)

Hmm... I didn't have trouble with the Pirate sets. Two of the white slopes in the Soldier's Fort set were ever so slightly discolored, but nothing too noticeable.