Ralph_S

MOC: Minifig Scale EMS

Very nice EMS vehicles, but that BK-117 is fantastic especially considering the fact it has sliding doors too. The swordfish in your Flickr folder is great too. The colours look perfect and it's easily the best minifig scale aircraft i've seen in a while

Laurie

PS love the yellow ambulance

Sorry for upping this (3 ½ month old!)topic, but I have finally built a copy of the ambulance(other colors, to somewhat fit in with my hospital), and I have to say, the functions are fantasticly built!

Ralph, I really liked the ambulance earlier, but after seeing it in RL and seeing the hidden functions, I adore it! I esp. like the ingenius tile sliding/opening door combo.

Really cool! :thumbup::thumbup:

I don't mind the topic being brought forward again. I am glad you like the ambulance. I have built quite a few minifig scale vehicles in the last year or so, but it is my personal favourite. I assuming that by having seen it in real life, you mean that you've seen a real UK ambulance or have we actually met at some event somewhere?

Oh, and about the police van, its nice too, but it looks a bit like a copy of the ambulance (well, it´s almost the same van! :tongue: ). It looks really cool, but there´s one thing that I don´t like; the fence. It just seems so...out of place. (I know that it´s the most accurate piece we have, but the bottom looks a little...wierd. :look:

The rest of it is very nice, though! :classic: (I assume that you use the same side door technique as on the ambulance, right?)

The front end of the policevan is definitely a copy of the front of the ambulance. I figured that I shouldn't mess with something that works. I agree that the fence does look a bit out of place, but then again, they look a bit dodgy on the real vans as well. It has a sliding door rather than a door that swings out as on the ambulance.

Your vehicles are beautiful and your module for that matter.

Continued like that.

I'm glad you like them. I hadn't built any minifig scale things for at least 10 years before building a restaurant for a competition organised by Brickish little more than a year ago. I had so much fun doing that and building a few cars to go with it that I've kept building more cars and buildings. I'm pretty sure there'll be more in the non-too-distant future.

Very nice EMS vehicles, but that BK-117 is fantastic especially considering the fact it has sliding doors too. The swordfish in your Flickr folder is great too. The colours look perfect and it's easily the best minifig scale aircraft i've seen in a while

Laurie

PS love the yellow ambulance

Until I started building these city things again, I used to mainly build military aircraft that are really too big for minifigs and larger scale cars. When building those I always want to have working features (retractable landing gears, doors and cockpits that can open etc.) and I want to have some of that in my minfig scale vehicles as well. The five-wide cars are really too small, but trucks, vans and ambulances, as well as the trauma helicopter are big enough for me to add a few working features.

The Swordfish was built to accompany the minifig scale HMS Hood built by Ed Diment, a good friend of mine. It's easier to build planes on a larger scale, which is exactly why my models usually are too big for minifigs, but this one obviously had to be minifig scale as well. I also don't remember ever building a biplane before. It was a fun build and I was very happy with the result and the response that it got.

Actually, i'd like to thank you for bringing this topic to the surface :classic:

Ralph_S what can i say, your vehicles are just amazing! :thumbup: I don't know if there is a topic about the whole fleet but since it's the first time i'm seeing these masterpieces the only thing i can say is WELL DONE!

The bus is magnificient! I really :wub: the side doors!

The cargo truck is very accurate and wonderful! The main field of my job is Logistics and this could be a great addition on my office desk :wink: !

I guess your MOCs are a strong motive for a 6-wide world.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

(Sorry for being rather off the main topic. Enthusiasm you see... :grin: )

Thanks. I think LEGO themselves showed us the way forward with the new trucks they introduced in 2005. They're big enough to have a lot of detail but not so large that they make minifigs and minifig buildings look too small. As a child I used to like the old four-wide vehicles, but it always struck me as a bit odd that trucks and normal cars all had the same width.

Cheers,

Ralph

I don't mind the topic being brought forward again. I am glad you like the ambulance. I have built quite a few minifig scale vehicles in the last year or so, but it is my personal favourite. I assuming that by having seen it in real life, you mean that you've seen a real UK ambulance or have we actually met at some event somewhere?

I meant seeing the lego model in RL, being able to closely look at all the functions, something you can´t do as good "only" seeing a picture of it. I haven´t seen your model, but I have built a copy of it. See what I wrote earlier(in bold):

Sorry for upping this (3 ½ month old!)topic, but I have finally built a copy of the ambulance(other colors, to somewhat fit in with my hospital), and I have to say, the functions are fantasticly built!

Ralph, I really liked the ambulance earlier, but after seeing it in RL and seeing the hidden functions, I adore it! I esp. like the ingenius tile sliding/opening door combo.

Sorry if I confused you in my previous post, my English isn´t very good. :blush:

I meant seeing the lego model in RL, being able to closely look at all the functions, something you can´t do as good "only" seeing a picture of it. I haven´t seen your model, but I have built a copy of it. See what I wrote earlier(in bold):

Sorry if I confused you in my previous post, my English isn´t very good. :blush:

No problem. I get it. You appreciate the design more now that you've built and seen your own model.

Cheers,

Ralph