Badsneaker

MOC: Blue Green Grocer

indexed.gif B-OM-5D

Hey guys/gals,

Its been a few months since I've posted, been busy building. I started a new building for my town a few months back and it ended turning into a Green Grocer style building. Here's my take on it:

2600311440101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

I haven't done any interior work on it yet. It has a separate entance to the partment above. The 1st floor will be some sort of shop:

2051300900101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2nd floor:

2562252310101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

3rd floor:

2908730480101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

3rd floor with top roof removed:

2178596940101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is the rear. The apartment has a back entrance too:

2568212630101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

The rear needs a little finishing. I'll put up some pics of how it fits into the town.

That's beautiful! :cry_happy:

The colors are simply fantastic, and all of the details make it even better. Now all it needs is an interior! :grin:

Excellent MOC, thanks for sharing it with us. I do want to point out that the Green Grocer (follow the link) was not named that for it's color...

Despite being named incorrectly, the MOC is beautiful. Nice work.

Excellent MOC, thanks for sharing it with us. I do want to point out that the Green Grocer (follow the link) was not named that for it's color...

Despite being named incorrectly, the MOC is beautiful. Nice work.

Ha Ha me stupid American! I literally thought the Green Grocer was named for its colors. I guess there aren't many blue veggies other than blueberries! And thats a fruit!

Thanks for the comments though!

(Hinckley- maybe you can rename my post to MOC: Green Grocer) Thanks!

That's beautiful! :cry_happy:

The colors are simply fantastic, and all of the details make it even better. Now all it needs is an interior! :grin:

Thanks Erdbeereis1, I appreciate your comments, I'll be working on the interior this weekend. The upper floors don't seem as large as I'd hoped though, not sure what I can do with the interior. I had to use a lot of 2 wide bricks on these sections.

Edited by Badsneaker

Excellent rendition of Green Grocer in a new color perspective. :thumbup: I enjoyed viewing this moc, and I am hoping you could complete your interior one day. By the way, this moc is already featured in Classic-Town.net. :wink: Thanks for sharing.

That's really nice Badsneaker, I like how you have the snowman from the advent calendar in there. :tongue: That isn't normal blue is it? Looks like that color that Knight's Kingdom used (kinda bluish-purple); how did you get so much of that specific color?

That's really nice Badsneaker, I like how you have the snowman from the advent calendar in there. :tongue: That isn't normal blue is it? Looks like that color that Knight's Kingdom used (kinda bluish-purple); how did you get so much of that specific color?

Thanks Posades its the regular blue though. Sometimes the color comes out weird when the pics post.

Excellent rendition of Green Grocer in a new color perspective. :thumbup: I enjoyed viewing this moc, and I am hoping you could complete your interior one day. By the way, this moc is already featured in Classic-Town.net. :wink: Thanks for sharing.

Thank you WhiteFang your comments are always appreciated. Thanks for posting it on Classictown. I will be sure to comment on some of the other great MOCS I've been looking at there.

I hope to get some interior done this weekend.

Looks great so far. The blue is very striking and works well with the white windows.

Can't wait to see the final interior.

Cheers

That's a very nice addition to a Cafe Corner street. :thumbup::classic:

Looks very great and I'm interrested in pictures of when it is filled with minifigs.

:cry_happy: Fantastic MOD/C! :tongue:

I really like the color scheme, and the back entrance and I find really creative how you imitated GC style without copying it :thumbup: It would be great to see them together. I'll keep forward to see the interiors! :wink:

This is awesome!

I love the design and the colors... can't wait till 2010 that's when i will start building modular area of my town...

Nice new colour combination! Looks as good as the original colour scheme! Your moc reminds me constantly of the BLUE square in the American flag with the WHITE stars.

Thanks for everyones comments! I'm glad to share my MOC with everyone here! Its nice to have a place to share with people who can appreciate one's work. (Sometimes family members just don't "get it")

Here are a few shots with some other buildings including the Green Grocer:

2596453090101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2334561960101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2418024510101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking great; wish I had the time, money, resources, and patience to make a city like yours. :tongue: Quick question, does the Green Grocer come with an interior?

Looking great; wish I had the time, money, resources, and patience to make a city like yours. :tongue: Quick question, does the Green Grocer come with an interior?

The LEGO Green Grocer comes with a very nice interior.

It is a somewhat limited interior, though...

Your blue version is excellent. It's not a copy but very clearly inspired on it and with these colors it looks like a Greengrocer with all lights turned off in a long, dark night. Nice!

Just one thing: Get rid of that yellow door.

It is a somewhat limited interior, though...

Your blue version is excellent. It's not a copy but very clearly inspired on it and with these colors it looks like a Greengrocer with all lights turned off in a long, dark night. Nice!

Just one thing: Get rid of that yellow door.

Thanks for reminding on the yellow door, its gone now! I'm finishing up the rear now. Window panes are in and the back yard is getting done too. Will post more pics.

Wonderful! And the rest of your buildings are great as well! Do you have a topic showing your town?

I look forward to it's interior. :thumbup: