Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

I don't know if anyone posted about the Downtown Disney (Anaheim) store yet, but the sets are there! The employees were excited about the set. I bought it for $99.99 - $10 (annual pass discount). It's great to be a part of Disney! :tongue:

MedievalMarket1.jpg

MedievalMarket2.jpg

at S@H

Thanks for informing us. However, I will merge your topic into this current discussion for the 10193 Medieval Market Villiage together. Thanks.

I don't know if anyone posted about the Downtown Disney (Anaheim) store yet, but the sets are there! The employees were excited about the set. I bought it for $99.99 - $10 (annual pass discount). It's great to be a part of Disney! :tongue:

Did you get a $10 Gift Certificate in addition to the 10% off? All AP holders get a GC with a purchase of $100 or more through the end of December...which makes the Medieval Market a steal at $80! :thumbup:

It's priced at €116.99 in Ireland's S@H, whereas every other Euro-zone country gets it for €99.99. Puts a sour spin on the set I was looking forward to the most next year. :hmpf_bad:

I ordered mine about one and a half hour ago for 99,99 Euros plus 4,50 Euros postage.

I'm very lucky to get it for that really fair price. :thumbup:

Hopefully the order did arrive at Lego (I didn't get a mail until now) :sceptic: - it was the first time that I ordered on Lego's homepage at not via telephone.

I'm really looking forward for building up this set! I'll then set it up next to the blacksmith shop (from some years ago) and will create a medieval market place of which I'll surely show you pics.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

It's priced at €116.99 in Ireland's S@H, whereas every other Euro-zone country gets it for €99.99. Puts a sour spin on the set I was looking forward to the most next year. :hmpf_bad:

You're not kidding, I was really looking forward to ordering this as soon as it became available, and now I'm in limbo not sure what I'm going to do about it. There's no way I can justify paying an extra 17%, especially in the current climate. If I can sort out ordering from the UK of course I'd be sorted - €75 for it!!! However, that may not be quick or easy to arrange. I emailed Lego to complain about the pricing for Ireland, but they're sticking to the line that the price is what their beancounters came up with for what people here can pay.

I'd really like to have just been able to order it for €100 the same as the rest of the Eurozone (well, except France). What do we have a common market in Europe for if companies can act like this? Would people in the US stand for a company charging more for east/west coast mail orders than mid-west mail orders?

Btw - welcome to Eurobricks Karl, good to see another Irish member.

Edited by brickzone

It's such a shame that i can't afford this incredible thing right now. :thumbdown: You know that feeling, that you just MUST have something, but you know exactly that it is impossible and nothing's gonna change it :cry_sad: Well, maybe if i have luck i can push my parents to buy it for me for my birthday next month :tongue:

Here in Australia we have the price set at $150, same as King's Castle Siege, which is only 73,55 Euro.

Pretty decent.

My best friend is buying me one as a late Christmas pressie, and I'm buying myself one too wooooopeeeeeeeee

I've ordered one (along with the $10 Power Miners set =P) as one last Christmas BANG for myself, with all the money I got at today's annual family reunion - can't wait for it to arrive! :cry_happy:

~Trexxen

Good question. Actually, i really wonder why the instructions are not yet up on the lego site. There is a load of new sets out now, but the instructions are still not available. Normally they are uploaded already weeks before sets come out..does anybody know what's up with that this time?

Did you get a $10 Gift Certificate in addition to the 10% off? All AP holders get a GC with a purchase of $100 or more through the end of December...which makes the Medieval Market a steal at $80! :thumbup:

Hrm... I haven't heard of that offer. I did get a free pick-a-brick box for spending over $75 though.

Bought it Saturday, along with Green Grocer, a city Impulse and that 4-impulse-in-one-city set. Spent over 260 bucks and didn´t get any free stuff :sadnew:

I was at my local TRU store today, and they didn't have it. :hmpf_bad: They had pretty miúch all new city constructions ets though, but i didn't buy any cause i need the money for this baby :wink:

I was at my local TRU store today, and they didn't have it. :hmpf_bad: They had pretty miúch all new city constructions ets though, but i didn't buy any cause i need the money for this baby :wink:

I don't believe any TRUs will have it. I think it's only available through Lego stores and S@H.

I got it Crimbo eve at the LEGO shop, Bluewater, UK. At the time, they had quite a few left but it's probably a good idea to ring and reserve.

As noted by others in this thread, it's also available from S@H.

Amps

You're not kidding, I was really looking forward to ordering this as soon as it became available, and now I'm in limbo not sure what I'm going to do about it. There's no way I can justify paying an extra 17%, especially in the current climate. If I can sort out ordering from the UK of course I'd be sorted - €75 for it!!! However, that may not be quick or easy to arrange. I emailed Lego to complain about the pricing for Ireland, but they're sticking to the line that the price is what their beancounters came up with for what people here can pay.

I'd really like to have just been able to order it for €100 the same as the rest of the Eurozone (well, except France). What do we have a common market in Europe for if companies can act like this? Would people in the US stand for a company charging more for east/west coast mail orders than mid-west mail orders?

Btw - welcome to Eurobricks Karl, good to see another Irish member.

Thanks for the welcome, brickzone. :)

I fired off my own email to Lego, but they haven't replied yet. It's a shame there aren't any Lego stores in the North. It'd be easy to pop over and pick up a copy of the set, and you could have a nice day out on the difference in the price, too!

I finally got to order it today, and i'm so happy now! :cry_happy:

I hope it arrives until the end of this week, i need it so desperately that i chose the faster shipment :tongue:

Well, it changed today on S@H for Ireland to "Backorders accepted, will ship by 26 January", so I got the jitters about availability and went ahead and ordered at the €116.99 price. However, I hope to make up for the high price by buying the more expensive pirate sets from the UK if they appear on amazon.co.uk or the one or two UK toy retailers I've found who ship to Ireland.

Do you know since when exactly it changed? I don't remember if that already was when i ordered, but i don't think so..i hope now it doesn't take until the end of january for my set to arrive, too. :sceptic: