On a scle of 1 to 5  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 5 - Outstanding
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 1 - Poor

Well, I'm late to comment, but thanks for the wonderful review anyway, Brickster. :thumbup:

This set is easily one of my favorites of the new line. The design overall is great with nice detail and some cool action features that remind me of the older Pirates line. The figures and acessories are excellent, as always, and we even get another cannon! It seems like nearly every set in this new line includes a cannon, which is great. :pir-sweet:

BTW, I think we really have to understand that these higher prices are probably due to the large amount of new molds, reintroduced mold, and printed pieces in the new Pirates line. No doubt they're helping to drive the cost up. :pir-wink:

Well, I'm late to comment, but thanks for the wonderful review anyway, Brickster. :thumbup:

BTW, I think we really have to understand that these higher prices are probably due to the large amount of new molds, reintroduced mold, and printed pieces in the new Pirates line. No doubt they're helping to drive the cost up. :pir-wink:

Better late than never. Thanks!

You make a good point with the price. It will be interesting to see the prices of other new sets from different themes in 2009 for comparison.

So,

where did you buy this set?

Seems its a limited edition, which means not all places will have it... where did you find yours?

Hasnt shown up at Lego Shop or on the website even tho all the other sets are there...

at 40$ for this set with the awesome female pirate...

or 100$ for the ship with the mermaid and govnr's daughter, i think this one wins... out with the better character

Great review The Brickster!

I love the nice backround in the first photo and I love the look of all the new Pirate set boxes.

So,

where did you buy this set?

Seems its a limited edition, which means not all places will have it... where did you find yours?

Hasnt shown up at Lego Shop or on the website even tho all the other sets are there...

My local Toys R Us. I would think LSAH would have it in time.

Great review The Brickster!

I love the nice backround in the first photo and I love the look of all the new Pirate set boxes.

Thanks NewRight. The digital backgrounds take some time for sets like this, but the end-product is worth the work.

nice review, i know im late to reply but i havent been out of my darkage long lol !

When i first saw the 2009 pirate line, i wasnt that impressed. Seemed quite <insert that tiresome argument> and the sets seemed small considering the price. I was trawling ebay the other day though and saw one of these sets going cheap so thought i would buy it (picked it up for £13 !). It has definitley won me over to the new style. I really like the design and the minifigs. The way the ships ribs are made is great and i like the new bricks lego have made (this is my first set since about 1998 so lots of new pieces for me to discover!). The printed torsos front and back are very detailed and the printed faces and expressions add alot. As i said, this set has converted me to the extent i have ordered a cannon battle, kracken attacken and loot island set. Still not convinced by the soldiers fort of the brickbeards bounty though. Might get them if i can get them on the cheap :pir-sceptic:

Hm, I'm late to the party too, but I just realized that my local TRU (US) actually had this set in stock the last time I was there a few weeks ago!

I'm wondering if I should head over there tomorrow and see if I can still pick it up... :pir-tongue: