Derek

City '09?

Price Shocker!!!

Ok, first things first: Since I joined today, maybe a short introduction :tongue: I have been reading Eurobricks as a guest for quite some time now but I think joining will give me the opportunity to give my two cents every once in a while. I am from Germany (for those who are geographically versatile :wink: , the Gelnhausen/Hessen area), but I currently live in Washington, DC as I am finishing up my Ph.D.

Ok, enough with the smalltalk :wacko:

I just picked up the new 7633 Construction Site from the Lego store at Tysons Corner, VA. Imagine my surprise when I checked the price tag: $99.99!!!! :oh3::thumbdown: Where did this come from??? I always thought it would be in the $ 80.00 range, or maybe $89 tops. :cry_sad: I mean, compare the piece count to other sets, and you get more pieces for less $$ e.g. with the 7744 Police Headquarters. Does anyone else think this is too expensive?

I checked mytoys.de and the construction site sets says "can be ordered from December, 22"... so they're not there yet.

Edited by eti

The construction site is $89.99 at Toys "R" Us, but $99.99 at the LEGO Store. It's the opposite of the police station - $89.99 at LEGO Store and $9.999 at TRU.

Price Shocker!!!

Ok, first things first: Since I joined today, maybe a short introduction :tongue: I have been reading Eurobricks as a guest for quite some time now but I think joining will give me the opportunity to give my two cents every once in a while. I am from Germany (for those who are geographically versatile :wink: , the Gelnhausen/Hessen area), but I currently live in Washington, DC as I am finishing up my Ph.D.

Ok, enough with the smalltalk :wacko:

I just picked up the new 7633 Construction Site from the Lego store at Tysons Corner, VA. Imagine my surprise when I checked the price tag: $99.99!!!! :oh3::thumbdown: Where did this come from??? I always thought it would be in the $ 80.00 range, or maybe $89 tops. :cry_sad: I mean, compare the piece count to other sets, and you get more pieces for less $$ e.g. with the 7744 Police Headquarters. Does anyone else think this is too expensive?

Welcome to Eurobricks Pierre. :classic: I hope you'll have a nice time here.

You can go and introduce yourself in the 'Hello, my name is...' forum, then not only the city fans will get know you. :wink:

Ooh you allready have the construction site? Maybe you could start of your stay here with a nice review...? :grin:

Last weekend it was BeLUG clubweekend in Mechelen, and I saw this: :sweet:

im005803.jpg

(sorry for huge pic)

It a really cool set, but you don't get a lot for €69,99... :look:

Dr. Brick

Ooh you allready have the construction site? Maybe you could start of your stay here with a nice review...? :grin:

Thanks for the welcome, Dr. Brick. I would absolutely love to do a review for you guys; I did take lots of pictures as I put the 7633 Construction Site together, but alas, my digital camera (i.e. the only one I have access to right now) is kind of :thumbdown: , so about 75% of all the pictures are blurry and out of focus. :cry_sad: Suffice to say at this point that I :wub: the set, but I still think it is overpriced.

I'm looking forward to the Farm set. I love the stickers they've come up with (the wheat detail) - really keeping in tone with older themes (fire, cargo etc)

The sides of the grain truck look a little odd - I didn't notice how multicoloured they were on the early pics.

From a very reputable Australian seller on bricklink:

"7641 - City Corner (you mentioned its called 'life' but on my list it is called

City corner")

I guess this name is slightly more informative than 'life', but not a lot.

"7641 - City Corner (you mentioned its called 'life' but on my list it is called

City corner")

Hewman, your source may be right. From what I know, it is similar from what you have said. However, I can't be certain what is that set all about, heard its something useful for any Town or City. I did not want to mention it, because I am not sure about this rumor and do not want to raise hopes for the rest. Let's wait for the pictures, just to be sure. :tongue:

Dear all,

today I saw the Crawler Crane 7632 in a local store (Bijenkorf: in Eindhoven, the Netherlands) it was priced at 49,99 Euros.

Given it has 481 pieces it appears pricing as normal (10 pieces per Euro) here in the Netherlands.

Kind regards,

Teddy

<edit:>

I checked the prices at the German site mytoys.de

It appears 7633 is priced at 89,99 Euros including taxes, compared to 99,99 US excluding taxes.

So that would be about 110,00 US including taxes (can some guys from the US help me out with the taxes?).

Apparently, the Lego company is now calculating the US prices by transfering the Euro prices to US via the current exchange rates.

Since, the euro prices are more or less stable.

That might explain the 30% price hike in the US for the 2009 sets.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

I don't know if these have been seen before, or if they are even 2009, but I saw these two promo sets on Brickset. Interesting.

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

Last weekend it was BeLUG clubweekend in Mechelen, and I saw this: :sweet:

im005803.jpg

(sorry for huge pic)

It a really cool set, but you don't get a lot for €69,99... :look:

Dr. Brick

Thank you very much for the pic, Dr. Brick! :sweet:

I totally agree with you: The Farm set is really cool :thumbup: - but 70 Euros for it is imo too much :sad: since there are regrettably only the two big vehicles and not much more. But ok, we called for some farm sets - now we got them. And they're surely not bad and I'll buy apart from the horse trailer all of them.

But a very well designed farm house and some more additional vehicles, tools and animals would be nevertheless not bad!!!

City corner")

Hewman, your source may be right. From what I know, it is similar from what you have said. However, I can't be certain what is that set all about, heard its something useful for any Town or City. I did not want to mention it, because I am not sure about this rumor and do not want to raise hopes for the rest. Let's wait for the pictures, just to be sure. :tongue:

Thank you very much for that information, hewman and WhiteFang! :sweet:

City Corner sounds very promising! Perhaps a little Cafe Corner version in the City theme?!

At all events I hope this set will include a building very similar to the very well designed one in the new Construction Site set, but of course with interior - that would be totally awesome! :oh:

Btw: Very late but nevertheless: Welcome to EB, Pierre Cochereau! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

On my daily sufing over brickshelf, i found this folder of legopaul with a picture review of the new construction site set, i thought this might be interesting since these are the first detailed pictures of it. :classic:

On my daily sufing over brickshelf, i found this folder of legopaul with a picture review of the new construction site set, i thought this might be interesting since these are the first detailed pictures of it. :classic:

Yes I saw that, it is interesting isn't it.

He's also made one of the crane, set 7632. You can find it here. :classic:

I'm looking forward to that set... :tongue:

Dr. Brick

Those truss-like pieces are somewhat &lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt;, but cool at the same time. Its interesting how they connect. Looks like a cool set, but I have higher priorities...

-darthperson

I don't think this has been posted yet:

Interesting - I wonder if this will be a wide release or is it another airline promo set?

It says CITY and has the logo from the 06 airplane line...

It hasn't. It will probably end up being a promo. :sceptic: which is too bad because it looks like a nice set. I wonder what that yellow thing is supposed to be?

Thanks!

-darthperson

7643.jpg

Thank you very much for that pic, metalandi! :sweet:

That's surely the airline promo set we read on the list.

Imo it is really not that stunning: Only one creator-like looking plane :sick: , two minifigs, some goblets and a yellow "whatever" - that's :sad: ! But never mind: I'm glad to see that it's really not an interesting set since it would be (like with all airplane promo sets) very expensive to buy.

Since we've got already the pic of this promo set, I hope we'll see some pics of the regular summer City sets soon.

Klaus-Dieter

Interesting - I wonder if this will be a wide release or is it another airline promo set?

It says CITY and has the logo from the 06 airplane line...

I hope its not a promo but I think it is.... :hmpf_bad:

But in Australia got the Doctor's Plane at Kmart and that was a promo so who knows :classic:

Thank you very much for that pic, metalandi! :sweet:

That's surely the airline promo set we read on the list.

Imo it is really not that stunning: Only one creator-like looking plane :sick: , two minifigs, some goblets and a yellow "whatever" - that's :sad: ! But never mind: I'm glad to see that it's really not an interesting set since it would be (like with all airplane promo sets) very expensive to buy.

Since we've got already the pic of this promo set, I hope we'll see some pics of the regular summer City sets soon.

Klaus-Dieter

I actually really like this set :sweet: ...Maybe its just the minifigs... :blush: or just the Trace hair :blush:

Either way if it's not a promo I'd definatly pick one up.

:sceptic: Why does Lego make all these promos x_x. I blame the airline companies :tongue: . Love all plane sets, I wish I could have one. I hate buying the super mark up prices :sceptic: on promos boo.

I hope its not a promo but I think it is.... :hmpf_bad:

But in Australia got the Doctor's Plane at Kmart and that was a promo so who knows :classic:

I actually really like this set :sweet: ...Maybe its just the minifigs... :blush: or just the Trace hair :blush:

Either way if it's not a promo I'd definatly pick one up.

Really? When? :look:

Personelly I also hope it isnt another promo :sceptic:

Could the yellow thing be some sort of Ice cream stand?

On the left, it looks like a goblet with an ice cream; on the right, two ice cream "dispensers"

2343.1069994767.jpgx474.1071430545.jpg

Edited by The Cobra