Sign in to follow this  
Moose

Pictorial Review: Wolfpack Tower

indexed.gif

Ive been in a rebuilding mode as of late, and one set that i recently repaired is 6075 Wolfpack Tower. Heres the review:

Set Name: Wolfpack Tower

Set Number: 6075

Theme: Castle - Wolfpack

Pieces: 232

Minifigs: 4 (counting ghost)

Year Released: 1992

Price: $29.75 U.S.

The front of the instruction manual, depicting the set and some additional designs:

wolfpack1.jpg

wolfpack2.jpg

Random intstruction page:

wolfpack3.jpg

Here are the minifigs; two identical guys with brown caps, red capes, grey/black legs and same faces, one leader with black cap, black cape, black/red legs and eyepatch face:

wolfpack4.jpg

Front on view with leader blocking the entrance:

wolfpack5.jpg

West-facing view with the wolfpack twins as lookouts:

wolfpack6.jpg

Back of the tower, not much to it:

wolfpack7.jpg

East-facing view with a few additional wolfpack recruits ready for battle:

wolfpack8.jpg

Looking at the ghost locked in the tower:

wolfpack9.jpg

Oh no! The ghost is about to get loose!

wolfpack10.jpg

The "bars" of the tower's prison also double as a ladder into the towers belly:

wolfpack11.jpg

East-facing with rock wall open, revealing the spot for the treasure chest (which I forgot to include) under the walkway. It fits pretty snug in there:

wolfpack12.jpg

West-facing with rock wall lookout open, showing a little hangout area i guess. This is where the ladder comes down:

wolfpack13.jpg

Top down view into the tower:

wolfpack14.jpg

The front of the first tower. Theres no room inside this one. You can see the same piece used for the prison used again here. This one acts as a blockade so intruders cant enter and it doubles as a ladder to get to the top of the tower where theres some standing room:

wolfpack15.jpg

Here you can see the interior of the first tower and the blockade/ladder:

wolfpack16.jpg

The drawbridge lifts up so no one can enter unless the Wolfpack decides:

wolfpack17.jpg

wolfpack18.jpg

*Price: 8/10. The price is a little steep, it should be around $23 or so. I didnt buy it though so Im not complaining! Im sure itd be very expensive today.

*Minifigs: 9/10. I originally wasnt too keen on these figures, but they have grown on me mightily. And four figs for this size tower is pretty darn good. The only real complaint is that they could have had some variety insted of 2 identical guys.

*Pieces: 10/10. The black corner wall pieces with grey brick are great, I wish they were still around. The BURPs look good the way they are integrated into this set. Each Wolfpack member has at least one weapon, theres a treasure chest, multiple flags, some extra weapons, 16x32 blue baseplate and an old dark grey bird. No complaints except maybe a boat could have been included.

*Build: 8/10. I dont remember building this, mainly because it was my brother's years ago and he built it :tongue: . But from the design it looks like it was fun. The only real complaint is that it could have been a bit bigger, or at least the front tower could have been larger to have a chair or something in a little room. If not that, the belly of the tower could have used a little more detail.

*Playability: 8/10. Theres no other faction in this set, so its hard to have battles. If you have your own other factions, then its a great set. Its the main base for the Wolfpack, and numerous attacks/seiges could be staged.

*Overall: 43/50 = 86. The concept of this idea is excellent - a tower in the middle of the water, so its secluded and hard to reach. This effect is pulled off excellently. This is a great set, it should just have been a bit bigger/more detailed interiors for the price. Afterall, it is the Wolfpack's main site of operations. If the rest of the Wolfpack sets would have looked like this, Lego made a huge mistake in ending their production. This set is recommended to everyone!

This is a very special classic castle set to me, as I always loved factions apart from the main theme. The Wolfpack were few in number, but they left a lasting impression. This set had the essentials for a nice little Wolfpack Base. It looks very cool, and I'm proud to own one myself. Good job with the review!

Thanks for the review, I'll make sure to index this.

That's one dusty version you've got there.

May I suggest a toothbrush and some mildly soaped water?

Sadly this set is from my dark ages and I've missed out on it.

KimT, you must be ancient for this set to be from your dark ages - this was actually one of my first LEGO System sets, and my first large set.

I have fond memories of this set, even though by today's standards it's small and quite simplistic. But it came with a ghost and the awesome hooded bandits! And I could build many wondrous castles with the pieces from just this set and a few others.

As for the review, the Wolfpack should really roll up their sleeves and start cleaning their place. :tongue: And the photographs distort the red pieces to a strange shade of magenta or something... But it's very nice of you to review this nostalgic set, so thanks! :wub:

This is a great set. When I was a kid I didn't like it that much I think, because I didn't like wolfpack, but now I do.

Nice structure and good playability.

KimT, you must be ancient for this set to be from your dark ages - this was actually one of my first LEGO System sets, and my first large set.

*huh*

Not ancient, just 32.

I entered my dark age around 1989 and stayed there until 1999.

That's not ancient, that's AFOL :sadnew:

*huh*

Not ancient, just 32.

I entered my dark age around 1989 and stayed there until 1999.

That's not ancient, that's AFOL :sadnew:

Aww, don't take my joke too seriously! I'm 24 myself, and I consider myself quite ancient... :tongue:

Aww, don't take my joke too seriously! I'm 24 myself, and I consider myself quite ancient... :tongue:

I am not taking it seriously.

You'd know if I did :wink: