Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Thank's for the info, cagri. Is it possible that the "Mutt Chase" set could be Mutt swinging with monkeys? :tongue: I think some of the names of the sets need to be changed IMO.

until now knocking on the numbers but few months we know more than we see the pictures.

Thank's for the info, cagri. Is it possible that the "Mutt Chase" set could be Mutt swinging with monkeys? :tongue: I think some of the names of the sets need to be changed IMO.

I think it's the car/motorcycle chase with mutt, indy, and the russian spies. Probably the same thing as the TOD chase, but with a motorcycle instead of another car.

Thanks for the information, cagri. :pir-sweet:

I like the sound of the Egyptian Bazaar. I'm hoping for some nice little stalls, as well as a jacketless Indy (with pistol :wink:), Egyptian Marion, Cairo Swordsman and perhaps even Sallah or the motorbike pirate with monkey. Perhaps it could be a larger set than we think, and include the Egyptian truck and several baskets (the large barrels in tan could work...).

I'm not sure what 'Mutt Chase' could be. It surely can't be the motorcycle chase, as it would be too similar to the Shanghai Chase, with a similar black car and two similar black-suit, black-fedora wearing KGB agents. Mutt's escape from the Soviet camp perhaps? :look:

One thing's for sure though - they really need to fix those set names. "Plane Race"? "Mutt Chase"? "Venice Race"? :hmpf:

I found some more plausible names today, making me think that the other names are just prototypes. I dont knwo why some of the descriptions are messed up, but anyway here they are:

LEGO 7195 Indiana Jones Ambush In Cairo

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy find the treasure before the Germans!Incredible detail!79 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7196 Indiana Jones Chauchilla Cemetery Battle

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the graveyard!Incredible detail!186 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7197 Indiana Jones Venice Canal Chase

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the streets of Venice!Incredible detail!Based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 186 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7198 Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack

384 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7199 Indiana Jones The Temple Of Doom

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the air to safety!Incredible detail!Based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 384 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

Source: http://www.wholesalecentral.com/

Hmmm...

The Temple Of Doom from (no, really?) TOD.

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the air to safety!Incredible detail!Based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 384 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

Now there's a surprise... :look::tongue:

Some of the descriptions seem strange. Aside from the mix-up between the Plane Attack and the Temple of Doom, the Ambush in Cairo mentions finding treasure.

Those are certainly better set names though! :grin: Thanks for the find, Christian.

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Hmm fighter plane attack sounds interesting, WWII Fighter anyone? :cry_happy::wub:

Ambush in Cairo sounds like a cheap set for germans :thumbup::classic:

Thanks for this info Christian. :sweet:

Ah man, not temple of doom sets! Oh well, at least they'll be more fun than the movie. :wink:

Well, looks like we'll probably be getting the clone battlepack everyone wanted, as well as the AAT. :thumbup: But, what the hey? Two new tiefighters? NOT AGAIN! :sick:

You're telling me you don't like ToD? It's a great movie! Sets from it would be awesome!

You're telling me you don't like ToD? It's a great movie! Sets from it would be awesome!

Well, the movie itself sucked- full of gratuitous violence. However, sets based on the movie should be awesome, for the movie did have some awesome concepts that could easily be portrayed in LEGO. I've already seen over 100 great mine cart scenes.

Thank you, cagri!

And thank YOU, Christian!

Those are great. VENICE CHASE!!! :cry_happy::cry_happy:

I can already see those speedboats..... wow.

Second is the Plane Chase; hopefully we'll get the dogfighter, and another Henry Sr., perhaps?

Mutt Chase, eh. I wish they'd focus more on the classic movies. The new one was great but their sets don't hold a candle to the others.

TOD - If they can do it right, it'll be outstanding.

As for the Ambush in Cairo, I pray they will include Sallah. :wub:

Oh, and to the above post: full of gratuitous violence, eh? Ever seen your avatar? :pir-grin:

- The Duke of Derby-shire.

Edited by Duke of Derby-shire

Doesn't sound to back though the only ones that have got me really intrested in are Ambush In Cairo I hope it's much larger than though though a stall and a few bit wont be to bad. Fighter Plane Attack also intrest me though I want to wait and see what it looks like.

Wait a minute...I thought that we were supposed to get 6 indiana jones sets in the summer. There are only five here. (unless the mutt chase and graveyard duel are two different things, which I hope they are, because I REALLY want that motorcycle).

I'm getting these all. Plus doubles. Sounds fantastic, though Plane Chase, Temple of Doom and Ambush in Cairo excite me most. The Temple of Doom will be wonderful for Mola Ram, and I really hope for Thuggee and Cairo swordsman minifigs. Plane Chase excites me as I'm a world war 2 plane nut, so getting that Messerschmidt would be a dream come true.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Meh. These aren't the best sets they could've done. And I'm sorry, those "What's Indy up to this time?" descriptions are hillarious.

Now there's a surprise... :look::tongue:

Agreed.

And those descriptions sound...suspicious. Otherwise, nice to know.

I found some more plausible names today, making me think that the other names are just prototypes. I dont knwo why some of the descriptions are messed up, but anyway here they are:

LEGO 7195 Indiana Jones Ambush In Cairo

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy find the treasure before the Germans!Incredible detail!79 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7196 Indiana Jones Chauchilla Cemetery Battle

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the graveyard!Incredible detail!186 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7197 Indiana Jones Venice Canal Chase

What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the streets of Venice!Incredible detail!Based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 186 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

LEGO 7198 Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack

384 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

Source: http://www.wholesalecentral.com/

That makes no sence... Temple of Doom should be from well, Temple of Doom, and help Indy get through the air safely? What? :wacko:

Also, I found a neat little picture of the Shangai Chase set :cry_happy:

76822pl9.jpg

w384.png

(Ignore that stupid ad under the image, I can't find out how to get rid of it :hmpf_bad: )

Edited by RoflWafls

Sounds to me like the ToD description belongs to the Fighter Plane attack in the line above, which sounds like it's the dogfight escape from the zeppelin. Probably a two plane set.

Hmm... that´s strange... could this be the scene in Last Crusade where Indy needs to walk about that small 'invisible' camouflaged stonebridge..?

But this alone doesn´t sound like a very exciting set conception, huh? Maybe if TLC would create that whole trap-filled pathway, inclusive the

cavern with that knight and some grails... :look:

EDIT: But na, I think Shtick´s right for sure... they just mixed up the descriptions... :tongue::thumbup:

Sounds to me like the ToD description belongs to the Fighter Plane attack in the line above, which sounds like it's the dogfight escape from the zeppelin. Probably a two plane set.

I think so, because 384 pieces sound far too little for TOD.

MORE SETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7195 Indiana Jones Ambush In Cairo/Egyptian Bazaar

7196 Indiana Jones Chauchilla Cemetery Battle/Mutt Chase

7197 Indiana Jones Venice Canal Chase/Venice Race

7198 Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack/Plane Race

7199 Indiana Jones The Temple Of Doom

but when did this happen?

Sounds cool but what movie is it from?????????

The fighter plane "race" is from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It's the bit where Henry Jones Sr wonders what happens at eleven o'clock and subsequently shoots his own plane to smithereens. Well... he renders it useless, anyway. (Great script if you ask me! And very well performed by sir James Bond.)

Sounds cool but what movie is it from?????????

I suppose it's from TLC, when Henry Jones Jr. and Senior escape from the nazies planes :look:

BTW, that little red plane "Red Baron" style would be lovely, wouldn't it? :sweet:

Nope. SHe was in the white dress. The Cairo marketplace scene (red pants/white blouse with red trim) ended with her being abducted. She was still in that outfit when Indy discovered her in Belloq's tent. But before she escaped, she had changed into the white dress Belloq gave her. Then she was thrown into the Well of Souls. After escaping that, they went up against the plane. All while wearing that short white dress.

I hope that there will be some new minifigs like Marion in the red pants,white blouse with red trim or the monkey man on a motorcycle.