Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

My Legoredo 2008

How much did you like the Western theme of 1996/97?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you like the Western theme of 1996/97?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding
  2. 2. Would you like to see a new Western theme?

• No, not.
    • Perhaps. It depends on several reasons (please explain in your comment).
    • Yes, of course!

Hello everybody! :sweet:

About two weeks ago I received the last set for the Western theme from Ebay - and so decided to show you my Wild West collection. I decided to don't show you my Indian sets, too, since I regrettably don't already own the Boulder Cliff Canyon. So I thought that I'll wait until I'll own it and then I'll show you some pics of my Indian Village, too.

I thought that it would be interesting to know if you like(d) the Western sets from the years 1996/97 - so please vote! :sweet: (The content of this poll are only the Western sets from 1996/97 - but not the Indian sets.)

But know to my Legoredo:

________________________________________________________________________________

avator_eb.jpgHello, I'm Klaus-Dieter and I want to show you my Legoredo. So - if you want to - let's make a trip throught this lovely Western country!

Let's start with a short view over my Legoredo:

simg0001.jpg

Fort Legoredo is a massive fort of the US army:

simg0054.jpg

At the moment some soldiers are with their canons, covered wagons and horses on their way to a battle in the farer West:

simg0020.jpg

When you make about a one day trip via horse from Fort Legoredo, you can find the gold mine.

The miner's - finished with working - wanting to go home to Legoredo by the steam train:

simg0056.jpg

The Western train is stopping at the gold mine:

simg0021.jpg

Some soldiers are on their way to Legoredo to transport gold and weappons. So watch out for the robbers:

simg0018.jpg

When you move in the direction to Legoredo you can find a big dessert. In this dessert the frontier patrol is on its way to Legoredo:

simg0023.jpg

Having arrived at Legoredo let's see what's going on there:

Some lumberjacks are returning from the woods:

simg0045.jpg

A man is nailing a "wanted" disk to the wall of the bank:

simg0038.jpg

A salesman is selling some stuff to somebody else:

simg0024.jpg

There are a lot of people on their way through Legoredo:

simg0032.jpg

And there is even a lot of work to do:

Someone is cleaning the streets:

simg0044.jpg

A post man is delivering letters:

simg0055.jpg

A doctor is - with his ranger who conducted him to Legoredo - on his way to an ill person:

simg0041.jpg

A worker is waiting for the Western train in order to load the cargo:

simg0025.jpg

And the district major is leaving the sheriff's office after having had an important discussion about the security in Legoredo:

simg0031.jpg

This discussion was surely not unnecessary since some robbers are attacking the money coach:

simg0039.jpg

It's really funny that the old man can relax on his bench in front of the bank while the bank robbery is taking place:

simg0059.jpg

So it's surely a lot of work for the sheriff to keep the city silent. But not the sheriff, even other people have a lot to do:

The general store's shop owner wants to sell an oil lamp:

simg0034.jpg

And the banker wants to convince his customer of some bonds:

simg0035.jpg

Luckily there is always some time where you haven't to work:

Some soldiers are playing cards:

simg0033.jpg

The sheriff is drinking a cup of coffee:

simg0048.jpg

And some kids are playing:

simg0029.jpg

When you leave Legoredo in the other direction there's a big canyon:

Some robber's built up their camp there and now are attacking the sheriff:

simg0028.jpg

And later even the sheriff's coach with the safe & co:

simg0027.jpg

So, that's it. I hope you liked it and I hope to see you soon - and until then the house building company Lego will have hopefully set up some more houses to make our town more atrractive for travelers and locals. Bye! :sweet:

________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to see some few additional pics please visit this folder (when public) in my BS gallery.

Some additional facts to my Legoredo town:

It consists of all Lego Western sets of the years 1996/97 (or at least I really don't know that one is missing) which luckily are - apart from that they are somtimes a bit dusty - in a very good condition and 100 % complete :thumbup: ( :tongue: ). The Classic Train is no real Western set - but it looks really Western-like so I decided to use it for my Western sets.

I added some additional stuff and some minifigs which partly are official and partly are put together of official parts but weren't included in some sets before. This is mainly even the case with the minifigs where I used some Pirates and Adventures torsos and some of the great custom torso designs Apache designed some time ago.

Commets are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That's an impressive western town Klaus-Dieter. I am in awe of your huge cavalry army. UNfortunately the only cowboy set I have is Fort Legorado, although it is my favourite, but I wish I could have ammassed as larger collection as you!

Oh Yeah and ofcourse we want a return of the Wild West theme! It was not outstanding and had room to be improved but it was a great idea for a theme! :classic:

That is an impressive collection of Western sets. At one point in my life I had just about all of these sets, but they son fell into disrepair and the pieces ended up in buckets. That aside, I would love to see a next Wester theme. My only hope would be that it would be better than the new Pirate theme.

Ah, fort Legoredo... a beatiful set AND very useful for timber :wink: . I like your western town very much, KD. After all the LDD MOCs of you (wich were very nice, btw) i really wanted to see something real-build from you! :sweet:

Along with Pirates, Western was a favourite theme of mine when I was a kid. I had most of the cowboy/bandit sets, although I only got 2 of the Native American sets...

I plan to use a lot of the parts (especially the wooden-looking stuff) for a large-ish Castle display. I'm more excited about new pirates and the continuation of castle, because pirates can integrate better with castle, but I would still like to have a new Western theme in the future.

I wish I had these set, that's a very cool town, you have a lot of nice western pieces, and how you arranged these, it's really nice, there is a lot of action ! I like it ! :thumbup:

Thank you all very much for your nice comments! :sweet:

Nice to hear that you liked it! :thumbup:

Ah, fort Legoredo... a beatiful set AND very useful for timber :wink: . I like your western town very much, KD. After all the LDD MOCs of you (wich were very nice, btw) i really wanted to see something real-build from you! :sweet:

Thank you very much, Dwarvenlord! :sweet:

I btw alreay presented two Western MOCs at EB - but that was before you joined EB:

Wild West Fort Legoredo Outpost

Wild West Hold-Up On The Governor

But surely the official sets were/are much, much more better than these my MOCs!

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much, Dwarvenlord! :sweet:

I btw alreay presented two Western MOCs at EB - but that was before you joined EB:

Wild West Fort Legoredo Outpost

Wild West Hold-Up On The Governor

But surely the official sets were/are much, much more better than these my MOCs!

A, i see. Yea, far before i signed up :wink: . I saw that you added me to your friends list. Thanks! :sweet:

A, i see. Yea, far before i signed up :wink: . I saw that you added me to your friends list. Thanks! :sweet:

You're welcome! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter