Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

My napoleonic army

Nice new image! I really like the use of top-hats here, as I wouldn't have thougt of using them as a battle uniform! I looks foward to more pictures. :pir-classic:

Nice new image! I really like the use of top-hats here, as I wouldn't have thougt of using them as a battle uniform! I looks foward to more pictures. :pir-classic:

If you are going to comment on other people's grammar, you need to get it right yourself.

"thougt" should be thought, "I looks" should be I look. :pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

Thanks for the comments, Captain Zuloo, and now I am going to stop posting stuff like the sentence above, joking/playing around is good, but not during an entire thread. :pir-wink:

If you are going to comment on other people's grammar, you need to get it right yourself.

"thougt" should be thought, "I looks" should be I look. :pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

Thanks for the comments, Captain Zuloo, and now I am going to stop posting stuff like the sentence above, joking/playing around is good, but not during an entire thread. :pir-wink:

True - enough is enough. But I like to have the last word, so when you slip up, I'll be onto ya! :pir_laugh2:

PICTURE 2: Landwehr (voluntary semi-civilian units, often commanded by local authorities or noblemen).

Nice landwehr creation ...

I will react with my Austrian/Prussian contigent:

jaegers2.jpg

Still waiting on my dragoon helmet to buld up a dragoon regiment ...

By the way, maybe someone (Napoleon) has also a tip for some resin based spray or gloss for building a clean surface for molded parts.

Andreas

Nice landwehr creation ...

I will react with my Austrian/Prussian contigent:

jaegers2.jpg

Still waiting on my dragoon helmet to buld up a dragoon regiment ...

By the way, maybe someone (Napoleon) has also a tip for some resin based spray or gloss for building a clean surface for molded parts.

Andreas

Very good, onfortunatly I'm not using decals...I want to be able to use my men later (in my sets)too.

Do you have a link to your thread(s)? I presume you have one...

Which furface and molded parts are you referring to? do you mean standard Lego surfaces in general?

Edited by zorro3999

Very good, onfortunatly I'm not using decals...I want to be able to use my men later (in my sets)too.

Do you have a link to your thread(s)? I presume you have one...

Which furface and molded parts are you referring to? do you mean standard Lego surfaces in general?

Molding I: 3d print

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21932

Ulan Shako: Molded 3d-print

http://shop.rapidobject.com/shop/de/products/view/421

Shako Thread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...shako&st=30

French Lancer, Austrian Hussar, Austrian army

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...amp;hl=Austrian

Andreas

Edited by woody64

Thanks ! as you can see by my reply on one of your threads I knew you had them (and shako molds), but I didn't know you had multiple (hat/helmet molds)...they all look so great BTW.

And so do the decals :thumbup:

Edited by zorro3999

Well, I got what I desserved - Walrus disrespecting pirate! Call me a pirate! You just wait Sinner. One of these days I will skuttle you :jollyroger:

LOL! :pir-laugh:

Don't tell Hinckley that, it'll make him cry. :pir-wink:

I thought that all non-Pirate torsos were made for decals. :pir-oh3:

Nice army you have their, i've been working on making more Landwehr for my Prussian army as well as calvary and cannons. But i'll be saving until the new pirates come out so I can get atleast 50+ impulse sets.

I added my first British Units !

I am also building other British Units:

- A Line Infantry Regiment (standard, looks a lot like the Coldstream Guards/standard Imperial Guards, but they have a musket instead of the rifle the Coldstreams have....)

- Naval unit

- Artillery unit (small, lacking men to build entire battery yet)

- More Staff/officers + train (cooks, docs,....)

More pics will follow soon!

Edited by zorro3999

hu oh Zorro, it starts to be a really great army... do you plan to be a new Napoleon ? you want to conquer Europe ? man You scare me! ^^

hu oh Zorro, it starts to be a really great army... do you plan to be a new Napoleon ? you want to conquer Europe ? man You scare me! ^^

Thanks for the comment, now to answer your question:

I am the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte. He came to me in a vision to tell me that. He commanded me to build him a new army with Lego minifigs. At one good day, he will make them alive with the Voodoo Magic he learned during his Egyptian Campaign...

OR: I might have drunk too much that day, that would be the other possibility.

PS: look above for the newest pics!

Edited by zorro3999

Sorry for double posting, but I have an update: the French Line Infantry (see first post above for pics).

I build this unit today because I just received an eBay order I made: 15 mixed imperial soldiers/guards!

You have quite an army there zorro3999. I wish I had your army. I only have a few soldiers.

Your army multiplying every week!

What kind of fertilizer do you use?

What do you plan on doing with your army?

Your army multiplying every week!

What kind of fertilizer do you use?

What do you plan on doing with your army?

I use human fertilizer, it's free and it works the best. You really should try it! The fresher it is the better it works :pir-classic: .

I am first going to make an army worth the name "army", then I am going to start building some battlescene MOCs and probably some ships and forts.

I currently also have: 1 BSB+1incomplete one , 2SES, 2 Imperial flagships + 1 bluecoat flagship and 1 Caribean Clipper. Also a trading post and the bluecoats fortress, as well as almost all the smaller sets.

So I have some building parts...

Now I am slowing down a bit on buying till next month (actually till next paycheck :pir_laugh2: ), I don't even dare to calculate how much I spend on sites as Bricklink, eBay, Kapaza in just one months time :pir-cry_sad:

Well I have almost $300 set aside for 9v track, but that is nothing compared to this! This one would completely crush my LEGO budget!

each time I look at your army, it's getting bigger and bigger...

I just noticed:

the same than here ? :

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2855...mp;id=722618952

on the first pic, on the top left , this is the "brunswick monument" in Geneva.. is it supposed to be the same family ?

I am relating to the German Duchy of Brunswick, a nation that changed sides/ownership more then once during the Napoleonic wars. Before 1815 it carried different names according to who owned it: Brunswick-Lüneburg, part of Westphalia, Hannover,...read its history at wikipedia :pir_laugh2:

The building you are referring to most probably belongs to the legacy of Charles II, duke of Brunswick, the former ruler that had to flee it's homeland. He left his entire (enormous) fortune to the city of Geneva, and consructed or funded many buildings during his life there (incl. the Grand Opera of Geneva)I think the monument on your picture was constructed by/for him too.

Edited by zorro3999

ok... I asked it because I know one of the last of this "Brunswick family" ^^ who now is not rich because that his ancestor left his fortune to the city, he lives near Marseille, I was with him in a medieval sword fighting association ( don't know how to call it in English )

ok... I asked it because I know one of the last of this "Brunswick family" ^^ who now is not rich because that his ancestor left his fortune to the city, he lives near Marseille, I was with him in a medieval sword fighting association ( don't know how to call it in English )

Cool, he should still have his title, and independant dukes can beknight people, so maybe you should ask him: then next time we have to say: Sir Guss, knight of the Brunswick Order. Does that sound nice or not? :pir-classic:

That is starting to look like quite the army mr. Zorro! :thumbup:

You and that other infamous Belgian aren't plotting on invading Holland, are ya? :pir-grin:

Holland? No way, too small, too Orange and too....cheesy.... :pir-grin: first we must get back Bonapartes throne of France, ally with the German states, invade Spain and then great-britain! Vienna will be ours and then Russia! The Papal states, Helvetia and Prussia will be powerless to stop us as well! :pir_laugh2:

Actually i still need to upload more pics of my new infantry and I also build some artillery for my Landwehr!

Very nice army so far! I like your cavalry and landwehr the most of it. Although you should expand your artillery a little :pir-blush:

May I ask you for a tip? I see you have very nice torso's for your minifigs. I've been designing already a few torso's but do you print them on sticker paper or do you glue them onto your minifigs?

Anyway, keep up the good work :thumbup: