Hinckley

TIP-Town in Progress

I'm taking this building down (or breaking it, as Sinner would say):

:blush: Well I would have if I noticed this update! Sorry. You really have to stop posting in my 3am! I tend to go to bed at about 2am, and I don't always have the time to check the entire night of posts... :tongue:

Anyway, it's a shame you decided to break it, but I do agree that it isn't your best work. The right hand side looks good but the left is lacking. What's the cow doing on the roof? :tongue:

Even so, I might take your "build ASAP" concept and re-build my town. It's buried under parts at the moment due to a room re-arrangement anyway. :sceptic: I miss playing with my trains...

What's the cow doing on the roof? :tongue:

:laugh: Actually, Ras put it there and it's become such a part of the structure, I didn't even notice it as out of place anymore. Brilliant! :wub:

I know it's been 7 months since you wrote this Alex, but I think you're wrong about Chicago. It's not so new that it doesn't have an eclectic mix of buildings in its downtown and its neighborhoods. There's enough of a history to create a similar juxtaposition of building styles just like you would find in Europe....

Chicago, Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm-that list, of course, bookended by the two most beautiful cities in the world. :wub:

In a fit of non-Fabuland building, I started two other normal system-scale Town projects as well: a new modular cinema-a project

I missed this post also, but as a passionate Chicago fan, I feel the need to comment...

Regarding architectural mix, I completely agree. It's especially evident in neighborhoods that are in transition, or have recently been gentrified. It may not be as extreme a mix as Europe, but in those kind of Chicago neighborhoods, you will seen classic greco-gothic influenced greystones, next to Brick 2 flats, next to one story bungalows, wood sided frame houses, all allong side of new construction that ranges from "trying-to-hard-to-look-impressive" private homes, to angular modern glass and steel structures.

We'll be waiting for these new town Projects.