Sign in to follow this  
DNL

Contest, large division.

And the BSB goes to...

DNL, this is just why there is no point entering with the hope of prizes. You greedy bugger!

This MOC is nothing short of outstanding and I would love to see it in person to examine all of the intricate details closely. Keep up the great work (exept in comps I'm also entering) and Good Luck! Not that you need it. :pir_laugh2:

This is really cool DNL. I got to see a starting photo of your creation, then a mid-way photo, and now a close-to-final photo. This is really awesome! We got to see your bricks develop into an outstanding MOC. I am quite envious. Well done and good luck in the contest.

:blush: I'm jaleous ! your entry is awesome, I'm sure I can say goodbye to BSB now :pir-cry_sad: and you have a lot of grey pieces ^^

Thanks for the comments!

My entry is finally finished.

The King's men have caught one of the richest Pirate captains who used to own several ships, and hanged him. Now his pirates attack the city to revenge his death. (and to pillage it of course :pir-classic: )

ptv01.jpg

ptv02.jpg

ptv03.jpg

ptv04.jpg

ptv05.jpg

ptv06.jpg

Flickr

Admins, please tell me if you want to see more pictures as soon as possible, i want to use some parts of this MOC for another one, so it will probably be hard to make the MOC look exactly the same later. And could one of you change the title ot this topic to:

The revenge
Pillage the village large division

Thanks

DNL

Edited by DNL

Wow! I wonder what that king is thinking now. Theres certainly alot of action there! It looks like they left the pirate captain there.

Wow...that is just beautiful! I love the damaged tower! And that gate below is just sublime as well. Great job!

Dnl, that's really a great moc, I love the buildings :pir-wub: :pir-wub: the snot upper part of the walls are awesome too !

My opinion:

Unless someone enters with an even better MOC in the large division, the BSB is probably yours !

Possible improvements:

I am in no position to give advise to such a great builder, but I will to do so anyway! :pir-classic:

1) I really wouldn't use any kind of helmet for the soldiers, but you already know that and you stated you don't have enough hats for everyone...maybe hairpieces for one or two could do (like they came out of bed after an alarm)? Or take some tricornes awy from your pirates and give them helmets...

I THINK it might look better, but I am not sure, it would look more historical though, and of that I am certain.

2) I would add some flags and a "ruler/the King you are referring too,as I did not spot him" to the castle/tower/city, make it look more like a "governors citadel". Especcialy because of the big cannon you placed there. That one could use at least one more minifigs BTW (normally they need 6-8 crewmen, but since it's Lego I would add only 2-3)

DNL, big :thumbup::thumbup: from me (yes, I used both hands :pir-wink: ).

This is, so far, a winner.

Edited by zorro3999

Looks very nice :pir-classic: I love the minifigs on the castle,that is really ceative!You might want to resize some of those pics though.

Shucks, I really have to do my best to beat your creation! This is a true masterpiece and a definate winner from the entries posted thus far, in my opinion.

The only point of criticism I would give it is the small amount of original Pirate-theme pieces (minifigs, flags, white walls etc.). The town itself doesn't strike as being very "Caribbean" to me, but it looks awesome in any case.

Good luck in the competition, even though I'm sure you already have one of the prizes in your pocket with this creation. :thumbup:

Wow, that has alot of amazing detail. I like the fire in various spots, the crumbling tower, that statues/ gargoils, and the water effects on the base. The idea o pillage the village seems to be carried out rather well. However i do not care for the helmets on the blue uniformed soldiers, and the people seem to be from all sorts of time periods. Also the cake in the bouat adds a great touch of humor.

Spectacular work, DNL! The finished product just blew my mind!

What I like:

Pretty much everything. Very, very detailed, with lots of great techniques such as the cannon firing. The rock cliff, water, and buildings all show extreme dedication to this contest, and I wouldn't be surprised if you won a prize. :pir-sweet:

What could (and probably not) be improved:

Hm, perhaps it is just a tad bit Castle based, but definitely not a big deal at all. Maybe some of the swords aren't fitting either...

But overall, the best entry that I've seen so far in this wonderful contest, so good luck! :pir-sweet:

Opinion

Wow, this is an amazing MOC. I don't know how any one else can beat this. I really like how you made the tower crumble. This must of been really hard to make. This is an example of art. The detail in your MOC is so great, I don't know what to say. The boat with the pirates getting ready to go on shore. The water is amazing. The walls are terrific. I really like that cannon. The crane is really good. On the tower, I like how you made gray lego minifigs part of the tower. The other two houses are really good. I like how the black one is on fire and also how you placed the fire on the house. I think the pirate sliding roof to roof while the others climb up them. I think the pirate with the little boat with all the treasure is funny. The fight that you have starting on the dock going into the village is terrific! You used enough blood.

Possible Improvements

1) Maybe you could add some pirate flags to the pirates boat.

2) Your could also add a blue armada flag to your castle.

Overall- This is a terrific MOC. I would say you have a pretty good chance at winning this contest. You had the perfect amount of detail. There are basically no improvements to make except for adding flags. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Admins, please tell me if you want to see more pictures as soon as possible, i want to use some parts of this MOC for another one, so it will probably be hard to make the MOC look exactly the same later. And could one of you change the title ot this topic to:

The revenge
Pillage the village large division

Thanks

DNL

Well on behalf on the non-admins, can you take some close up images of the entry? Thanks.

DNL, just take a picture of everything !! ^^ if an admin ask you something, you'll have it ^^

DNL, just take a picture of everything !! ^^ if an admin ask you something, you'll have it ^^

Yes. and PM them all to me so I can steal borrow your techniques.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I know there aren't many pirate pieces, but i used all the pirate pieces that i have. I could have bought some swords and figs at bricklink, but that would have been a waste of my money since all those pieces will be so much cheaper when the new sets come out...¨

I did take some closeup pics, but i don't think i'm alloud to post them now, so you will have to wait until the contest is over.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I know there aren't many pirate pieces, but i used all the pirate pieces that i have. I could have bought some swords and figs at bricklink, but that would have been a waste of my money since all those pieces will be so much cheaper when the new sets come out...¨

I did take some closeup pics, but i don't think i'm alloud to post them now, so you will have to wait until the contest is over.

You can post unlimited images in your flickr or brickshelf and provide a link - just only six in the thread.

Good! 200/100! But I have a question, how and where do you get so many bricks?

Is it not obvious my dear Cavinaro? He took the advice of zorro3999 and started growing LEGO trees! :pir_laugh2:

I think we can just end the contest now. This entry deserves to be a winner! So many great things about this MOC..the crumbling wall effect is nice, as is the blue tile sea. But what really makes this work is the attention to detail in the poses of the minifigs and their reactions to their environment. No minifig is just placed randomly; everyone seems to have their purpose. So while there is a lot of action going on here, it doesn't overwhelm. And I love the cake in the boat on the right!

The little brick-built skiff on the left is nice, too...does it have bottom or is it built into the base? And the large brick-built cannon, complete with fire, is great, too.

There is one thing I'm not clear about...is the sea in the middle that appears to be rising up hitting a wall? Or a rock? It is not clear and (to me) seems to disjoint the scene a little bit. It just sort of erupts out of nowhere.

Other than that, I can't find any other faults. This is a great MOC and is in the prize pool for sure!