Sign in to follow this  
Erdbeereis

MOCing Question

Hello!

I need help MOC experts!

I am currently making a MOC that I want to have a SNOT base.

But the problem is, all of the bricks such as This one, when stacked, don't allow other bricks or plates to stack on top, as the studs do not match up. The same thing happens with technic bricks with pins in them.

How do you connect bricks to SNOT bases? Any advice for me?

Thanks a lot,

Erdbeereis1

if it is going to be a display (that doesn't get disturbed), then you can find a few spots here and there to connect it (like in this). if it is to be used, find a pattern of how often to place those bricks, so that the plates stay on. Hope i helped!

(i'll try and find the pattern quickly)

Hi,

All technic and this type of SNOT brick align if two plate layers are placed between each brick layer. If you're building a bigger structure and can afford a few less connection points they also align with 4 layers of brick between each layer of SNOT/technic.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Nice idea for a topic, I also have problems with attaching though ricecracker has helped as well as nabii

Cheers

ISC

To be successfull with snotting you need to know the dimension of the LEGO brick. A stud is 2.5 plates in width. Two studs is 5 plates in width. So therefore 5 2 x 2 plates stacked on each other form a perfect cube. And because this "snotbrick" is 3 plates high, half a plate higher than a stud is wide, you need to add two plates to get the correct distanse, 2.5 plates, between the side studs.

If you need the grip of every stud attached you could use this bracket, wich ofcourse is 5 plates high. However it has the disadvantage of sticking out half a plate on the side.

Edited by Mirandir

Has anyone got a link to Didier's unofficial brick technique manual. I have one downloaded but can't remember when/where I got it. Though I'm sure it would be a lot of help in this case...

God Bless,

Nathan

A 1 x 1 headlight brick placed horizontally (and a 1 x 1 plate against the back to fill the gap) against a vertically placed brick like you have in your OP could help to get more studs to build on.

Edited by Fluyt

All technic and this type of SNOT brick align if two plate layers are placed between each brick layer. If you're building a bigger structure and can afford a few less connection points they also align with 4 layers of brick between each layer of SNOT/technic.

I didn't know that. Is that how you did the sides on your TARDIS?

EDIT: Norro, here's a link to it - Here. Just hit download.

Edited by hewkii9

I didn't know that. Is that how you did the sides on your TARDIS?

EDIT: Norro, here's a link to it - Here. Just hit download.

Thanks for that links :thumbup:

And thanks again!

This is like finding gold, the two headlights and the plate with the technik brick and pin, fully closing up :cry_happy:

Gold is right CGH! Thanks so much for this link Hewkii, im off to learn all the newer techniques, Cheers :thumbup:

ISC

I usualy leave a square section open and fill it in with bricks facing upright. I look forward to seeing your MOC as well!

Edited by ~VBBN~