Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

The Spaniards are attacking!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 20a

I'd like to show you my large PTV contest entry. The Spaniards are attacking Islanders' village, burning down their huts and capturing their inhabitants to turn them into slaves. The poor villagers are trying to defend themselves but they won't stand much chance... And so the battle begins...

General view:

03.jpg

This Islander wasn't lucky enough to survive...

04.jpg

An Islander woman was trying to fight the aggressors, but she wasn't very lucky. You can also see her captured friend in the background.

07.jpg

The Spaniards have already set fire to one of the huts...

08.jpg

In the background you can see a Spanish soldier trying to burn down another house. In the foreground - the brave Islander is fighting for his freedom.

05.jpg

This guy is trying to escape, but unfortunately it doesn't seem he will get very far...

06.jpg

See more pictures HERE.

Coming soon - my medium entry - with a working title "Imperial Torture Chamber" :jollyroger:

Edited by SlyOwl

really cool Oo :pir-wub: , I like how you used dinosaur arm to make plants! ^^

Cool entry,

very unexpected to see the Spanierds!

Interesting use of some pieces. Especially the ships hull as a rock.

really cool Oo , I like how you used dinosaur arm to make plants! ^^

Plant.. I'd like to imagine the dinasour was crushed by a rock falling from space. :pir-skull:

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

I like how you used a ship hull to make what I believe is a giant rock.

Yes, this is supposed to be a rock, or more specifically, the kind that is called a monadnock or an inselberg. Here's a good example of a real-world one:

murphys_haystack_5.jpg

Very well done Dreamweb !

I love the spaniards, they were as cruel (or even more) then the pirates themselves !

Wiping out entire cicilizations...

Nice MOC to start.

I like the use of the hull of the boat or ship. It works really well and gives the effect of the rock you were going for.

The hut is okay, but creative pieces also seem to look more attracting than regular bricks and slopes.

Some of the Indians also look nice. I really like the effect that is given by the one with the "Spalko hair".

Another problem is that it looks a little barren. When the spaniards arrived it was a forest or jungle. Maybe some trees or bushes would look nice.

Overall nice attempt.

-NewRight :pir-classic:

This is very nice looking!

Things I like:

The tree on the left. It has nice foliage and the barrels look good as the trunk.

The way you used the boat hull is something I have never seen before, and I think it looks rather nice.

Your burning hut is a nice touch.

Things that could be improved:

I would maybe cover up a few more studs with tiles, to give it a smoother look.

And it could use a few more plants.

Other than that, great work!

Good entry. It is pretty cool how used yellow pieces as sand and bow of a pirate ship as a cave for the islanders. Nice use of barrels, making the trunk out of the tree using them. I like the monkey standing ontop of the palm tree with a banana. You also used a spider web with a spider on in. Spooky!!! Good use of details on the cave with the spiders crawling and a dragon arm used for a plant, smart thinking! In general, I like the battle scene between the Islanders and the Spaniards. In the back, the cage is a nice addition to the scene and the Spaniards capturing the islander with a net. The giant fire and all of the plants, flowers and blood, terrific! How long did this take you to build Dreamweb?

Good luck and great use of detail.

LegoKing

Very cruel and nice MOC! It is exactly the same as in history, spaniards capture poor inlanders for slavery...

Also I like the way you build that giant rock of a ship's hull. :pir-blush:

Good luck on the contest! Yarr!

A nice moc from a not so nice past.

I like the hull piece for the rockformation.

Coming soon - my medium entry - with a working title "Imperial Torture Chamber" :jollyroger:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! :pir-devil::pir_laugh2:

ahah ! going to be .. brrr .. frightening..

oh btw, Dreamweb, I forgot to wish you a good luck for the contest ^^

The rock is very cool, and you are very creative. However, I think the rock doesn't go with the village. The huts have a very great look, with the wooden slats and all. The MOC needs more detail, IMO. But, overall, the MOC is very cool!

MOC on! :jollyroger:

(Please note: I'm sorry if I seem like I'm a snot-nosed brat, because I am new to the site and I like to give my opinion on all MOCs.)

Great use of the irina spalko hairpiece and the dinosaurfins as a plant. But I think the roof of the hut is a little too blocky, maybe you could use some plates to make a smoother roof (all sides, not 2 like there are now).

Thanks for all your comments!

And it could use a few more plants.

Unfortunately I used all the plants I had available - that's also the reason I was forced to use substitutes like the dino arms, to have more plants in the MOC. :pir-classic: Actually the shortage of green bricks has been a problem of mine for as long as I remember. :pir_laugh2:

Coming soon - my medium entry - with a working title "Imperial Torture Chamber"

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! :pir-devil::pir_laugh2:

Actually as I started building my medium entry, it started to turn into something different and I finally decided to drop the torture chamber idea and came up with something else instead. But that's yet to come!