Sign in to follow this  
Claus von Nassau

HMS Phoenix

Fantastic ship so far! I can't wait to see it finished, I don't have criticism because I havn't built a ship yet :)

Wise words. Although Claus Von Nassau is looking for constructive critisism so he can make it better.

Wise words. Although Claus Von Nassau is looking for constructive critisism so he can make it better.

Obviously the constructive was implied :P

I have to say I really like the refreshingly different colour scheme. Very vibrant. And I like your figurehead as well.

Hey evrybody,

i just got someparts for my third gun deck i i coun't stop building untill i ran out of parts again :pir_bawling:

this is the result.

third_gun_deck_setup.jpg

third_gun_deck_side.jpg

i had to remove the stern, to make a good construcion, or else it would fall apart.

claus van nassau

Edited by Claus von Nassau

What I like:

The Colour scheme is, as has been said, refreshing. The design is unique, though I'm not crazy about the bow.

What I don't like:

Unlike most ships of the period, the top gun deck does not continue the stripes pattern. However, that is OK, if the top gun deck is also the main deck, as many ships (U.S.S. Constitution) carried a heavy compliment of guns on her main deck.

The fact that the row boats take up space that could be use for guns, while most ships had the rowboats hanging above the gun decks and near the main deck.

on the place of the lifeboats, i've got on the inside the staircase that leads down to the carodeck, and to gundeck nr 1 and nr 2, and on the back i,ve got the staircase that leads to quarters of the capt'n and some rooms for the high class passangers suchs as royalty and mechants.

on the place of the lifeboats, i've got on the inside the staircase that leads down to the carodeck, and to gundeck nr 1 and nr 2, and on the back i,ve got the staircase that leads to quarters of the capt'n and some rooms for the high class passangers suchs as royalty and mechants.

I think that the Life boats should be higher up and out of the gun deck so that more guns can be added where the boats were previously.

That's pretty good! But where are the sails?

the ship is still under construction, so there are no sails to put on it, i've just posted the pictures so that i could get some advice to continu the building in a good way, lost my inspiration :pir_bawling:

claus von nassau

What I like:

The Colour scheme is, as has been said, refreshing. The design is unique, though I'm not crazy about the bow.

What I don't like:

Unlike most ships of the period, the top gun deck does not continue the stripes pattern. However, that is OK, if the top gun deck is also the main deck, as many ships (U.S.S. Constitution) carried a heavy compliment of guns on her main deck.

The fact that the row boats take up space that could be use for guns, while most ships had the rowboats hanging above the gun decks and near the main deck.

the row boats have been placed up, because i was to focusd on the third gun dek, i forgot to move them afloor higher,

because i jused 2x2x3 slopes i could't maintain the striping that was created on the first and second deck, i'am working out a decal witch maintains the striping on the third gun deck.

what do you not like about the bow Mr. Norrington, if you got any advice , let me know.

that counts for you all, got any advice, please post it!!!!

claus von nassau

I preferred it when It has 2 decks, now I think it's too.. "massive", and I don't really like massive ships, but if it's what you want it to be , then I think it's a nice ship :thumbup:

I preferred it when It has 2 decks, now I think it's too.. "massive", and I don't really like massive ships, but if it's what you want it to be , then I think it's a nice ship :thumbup:

hey guss,

just wait untill the stern is placed on, that will thake away the massive look it has now, i wass convinced when i placed the stern on it, i now just need to take apart the entire rear end cause i don't like it anymore.

i hope that i can make some progress next friday.

claus

saturday 2 weeks later,

the HMS Phoenix, has been taken apart, i nearly finishd it, but i dindn't like the looks on iot anymore,

after printing some pic. of real ship and replica's, and the comment mr. norrington left me. i've chosen to make a version 2.0.

the hull is more realistic, more curved. the staircase's on the inside, have been placed in the middel so i can place more cannon's on the first and second deck. there is a shaft running down three decks for the cargo. the main deck is going to be curved, today i've made a good start on bow. the stern is just a litlle secret.

i have no pictures of it, but that is just a matter of time.........

claus von nassau

For version 2.0, I recommend only making her a 2 gun deck ship with a top deck with cannons if that makes sense. I look foward to seeing the new photos!

hey guss,

just wait untill the stern is placed on, that will thake away the massive look it has now, i wass convinced when i placed the stern on it, i now just need to take apart the entire rear end cause i don't like it anymore.

i hope that i can make some progress next friday.

claus

That's true, one should always wait till the masts and stern are placed, they can "equal" things out, and one should also remember a part of the below will be under the waterlevel, so not visible.

I like the gundecks as they are now !

Please keep us posted about the progression you've made.

Edited by zorro3999