Sign in to follow this  
Guss

MOC pirate sloop. "Sabre des mers"

thindexedgif.gif 62d

Hello everyone, I just recovered some Lego Sets and I wanted to make a nice pirate ship, but unfortunately, there were no ship, no mast and no hull, only the 6261 set, the raft, some pirates minifigs and other little pirates sets(6251-6245-2x 6235), but there were a lot of sets of other collections, (total: 114 sets.) so I decided to make a Sloop with what I had.

I'm sorry it have no sails but I'm going to make it. :blush:

I called this sloop "sabre des mers" (sabre of the seas) because of the figurehead :pir_laugh2:

here is some pictures of this sloop just after stealing some treasures ( yeah I like to make scenes), the crew is having a toast because their ship is overcrowded with barrels full of treasures.

here is a first view of the sloop from the rear.

P5140076.jpg

from the front.

P5140077.jpg

the crew is having a good time

P5140078.jpg

inside the cabin

P5140079.jpg

we can see that it's really overcrowded ( sorry it's a fuzzy pic, I didn't post this one because it was really too fuzzy: click )

P5140081.jpg

I removed the crew and the upper deck .

P5140082.jpg

the little canon of the upper deck :

P5140089.jpg

the ship without the treasures :

P5140088.jpg

P5140087.jpg

P.S : fulls pics here

Very Well done. I love the hull, the scene, cannon, everything. I really like it. A good name as well, but I can't say the mast is great, but that isn't your fault. Good job and keep up the great MOCing.

EDIT: I just noticed the lantern on the crows nest. I never would have thought of that. Good detail. 110% MOC.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Welcome aboard Guss! You've done a fine job with the pieces you have.

Though if you ever do come across a mast piece I'd recommend you use that for the mast instead of a plate - it'll make things look sleeker.

And as for sails - are you ever going to add any?

thanks Mister Phes ^^

Next year i'm going to buy all the Pirates sets Lego will sell ^^ so I'll have some mast pieces, but actually i don't have any, I did my best to do a mast that do not look too Ugly, but that's not simple :/

I'm doing a little pirate Hideout and sails for my ship, so I'll post new pictures with the sails and the hideout, I think It will be finished by monday

EDIT: I just noticed the lantern on the crows nest. I never would have thought of that. Good detail. 110% MOC.

Well now you can think about adding them to your future ship MOCS!

Next year i'm going to buy all the Pirates sets Lego will sell ^^ so I'll have some mast pieces

It appears only one set (the ship) that will have mast pieces, you might want to consider looking on eBay or BrickLink so you can specifically buy mast pieces.

or buy 2 ships :P ( mast + hulls + sails + canons. ) or 3.. or 4 ! mhhh , maybe only 2, my girlfriend will kill me for sure If I buy more than 2 ^^

@Captain Zuloo : thanks you very much ^^ I was thinking of the poor guy up there in the Crows nest ( I didn't know it was called a "crow's nest" in english ^^ I learned something, thank you ^^ )

By the way, I built a kind of hideout ( more a stolen house than a real pirate Hideout , I miss some Brown pieces :'( ) may I post the picture in this post or in a new post ?

now my Sloop got sails! Ugly sails ... but sails!

and I think the Foc is a little too big.

P5170142ws.JPG

P5170143ws.JPG

P5170144ws.JPG

P5170145ws.JPG

Nice ship. I like the sails you made for it. If you don't want to wait for LEGO to release new pirate ships, you could buy the troll ship and use the mast from it. Otherwise eBay or Bricklink would be your best bet, which I would recommend. You could be waiting a year or more for the Pirate Theme to return.

Tony

thanks, as you say the troll ship seems to be a nice set.. maybe I'll buy it, when I'll have the money for ( I'm looking for a job... ) , I think it's a good idea because I don't really want to wait the 2009 releases.

That's pretty neat, I love the cannons, you should post how to make them, that'd be very useful.

oh really you want to know how to do it ? it's not very complicated . I'll post how to do soon.

Edited by Guss

ow Mister Phes thanks a lot, that will be helpful !

Manta, Here we go for the little canon tutorial:

first you need a black head and a little antenna to makes the "mêche" (don't know the English word for it, the little rope you light up ^^)

clp00024.jpg

then you need this piece and a 1x1 plate with horizontal clamp.

clp00025.jpg

and another 1x1 plate with clamp,

clp00027.jpg

then 2 1x1 cylinders and the little canon is ready to fire!

clp00028.jpg

EDIT : I forgot the last step : a 1x1 tile on the top to hide the ugly stud !

clp00029.jpg

as you see, it was not really complicated ^^

Edited by Guss

Thank you for posting how to make one, I'll probably use the design, just have to make an improvised base for it.

you're welcome ^^ It will not be too hard to makes a little base for it I think

I just noticed that I forgot the last 1x1 tile on the top ! I edited the last post ^^