SlyOwl

Castaway t' Neverland

thindexedgif.gif Vig 15d

Brickshelf find. By this guy called slyowl; never heard of him before! :pir-tongue:

island1.jpg

island2.jpg

island3.jpg

Wow. A lot of SNOT, a lot of detail. :pir_laugh2: I like it a lot, the crabs and birds are ingenious! What's the creature on the rock meant to be though?

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

This is fantastic!!! I love your rock formation and the bones over the side. The coconuts and the layers of colors on the ground is great also.

The dog is also brilliant.

One of the best pirate mocs I've seen.

Wow that is a very impressive build brilliant idea using builders hats and black hands to create crabs and I love the little ship overall excellent build and detail! :)

Nice MOC. That is great. The seabird in particular I think is a work of genius! So simple and who would ever have thought of using those pieces like that! Great stuff.

EDIT: Just noticed the minifig hair as coconuts in the trees. Fantastic!

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Thank you for constantly challenging the way I think of LEGO. I wouldn't be as good of a builder as I am if it weren't for the creative minds of builders like you, Sir Nadroj and oo7. I'm okay with being in my thirties and being schooled by a bunch of younger guys, just please please keep teaching. :sweet:

Amazing work SlyOwl!

The way you made the slope like that is fantastic. How do you make the rock stand up straight against the sidways bricks? Do you have that many SNOT bricks?

I hope to one day build MOCs as amazing as this one. Until then, I will just drool over yours! :pir-blush:

Definitely a work of art. It is so creative that I have a hard time imagining how long it must have taken to build. I love the crabs, coconuts, waves, hummingbird, seagull... and everything else!

Perfection! You aced the animals, get an A+++++ on the landscaping, a great score on the waves, sand and shack, a couple extra points on the sailboat, and more (such as the coconuts)! In short, I :pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub: this creation!

Final score:

469%

or

A+++++++++++++++++++++++

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You know, I just saw this on BS, and I come here to see it frontpaged! Congrats on what could easily be your single best MOC (at least I think so!) :pir-wink:

:pir-wub::cannon:

indexed.gif Vig 15d

Brickshelf find. By this guy called slyowl; never heard of him before! :pir-tongue:

I'm surprised you've never heard of him. He's quite good. If you ever get in touch with the man, tell him I want more pics, or a link to his brickshelf.

I don't usually come to this part of town (Forums) but I had to comment. Its butiful. :pir_bawling: (Tears of Joy) That is simply amazing. Good Job. I'm definatly loving it.

That is an amazing Brickshelf find! :pir_laugh2:

This is a very impressive creation by our Slyowl in EB. The landscaping of the beach is incredible. The rock formation on the left side is massive and realistic with its uneven curves and edges. The downward slope highlighted the beach's steep slope which is very nice, especially when you make used different colors on its height level, to illustrate sandy beach and muddy path. There are many nice little touches which makes this moc so incredible, such as the shack (using minifig hands to represent hay), the crab and seagull (simple, yet so realistic), the coastline, the bbq pit, coconut, monkey and the entire habitant.

Outstanding piece of moc. :thumbup:

Wow. Very, very cool creation, SlyOwl! :thumbup: I love the cliff face and general rock formation, it's fantastically unique and a great use of parts. The little shack and fireplace are also very good, very creative use of the musket. That dog is cute, another great demonstration of brick-built animals. And lastly, the mini ship is also very cool. :grin: I'm just not sure about the horns and tusks for foam/waves breaking. Still, it's a superb MOC. :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

Great work as always Sly! :thumbup:

Only thing i'd change is that big flat green bushie piece on the beach, perhaps use a small one or a dark green one to make it a little more realistic.

Love the wooden shed and the coconuts, very ingenious work there!

This is a very lovely construction. Good luck in the contest!

Contest? What contest? :kahuka:

Very, very nice. Without repeating what has all ready been said, there is not much more to add. Keep up the fantastic work!

Absolutely beautiful! Great landscaping, details, angles, and all round curve appeal. A pleasure to view!

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Wow. A lot of SNOT, a lot of detail. :pir_laugh2: I like it a lot, the crabs and birds are ingenious! What's the creature on the rock meant to be though?

Stupid Question but what does SNOT mean? i see it a lot but i can't figure it out. thanks.