18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

index2.jpg

I received this set with a $25 gift card, so It was a great buy. It follow with a similar build to the 2007 trucks, but has a few improvements. Of course, the name of the set could have been a bit more creative... :laugh: And yes, this was an academy review.

Set name: Truck and Forklift

Number: 7733

Pieces: 343

Theme: City

Year Released: 2008

Price: $25.00 USD, �19.99 GBP, 24.00 Euro

1/Box

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Now the box follows a design similar to most other City sets. It has the set information and photo of the set on the front, (sorry for it getting cut off, I will remake it). Now the back of the box shows what each bag builds. Bag 1 is for the forklift, bag 2 is for the cab, and bags 3 and 4 are for the containers. It also has the set's features.

2/Contents

The instructions:

a3.jpg

There are 2 books included with the set: One for the forklift, and one for the truck.

Minifigure(1)

a4.jpg

The first minifig you build is a simple cargo worker. :classic:

Interesting/new parts:

a5.jpg

Here we have some interesting and new parts. They include a yellow seat, a 1x2 plate with clips, and a 1x4 slope.

3/The build

Cargo1

a6.jpg

The first cargo palette has a few crates on it. I really like the sticker on the small box.

Forklift:

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

The forklift is a very fun extra to build, and it is probably the best forklift that we have had so far. It is very realistic and is very strong.

Cargo2

b1.jpg

The next piece of cargo is some Octan barrels on a meter. I am not sure what It is supposed to be, but it is still a nice addition to the set.

Minifgure(2)

b2.jpg

The second minifigure is a classic driver with sunglasses and a coffee mug. Very nice.

New piece!

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

This is a very nice new piece that is included in the set, a hollow canopy. I believe it is also in White with the police mobile command station.

Truck:

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

Now anyone who has had one of the Lego City Harbor sets from last year, then you will probably find this build to be very similar. Mostly in the cab part of the truck. The trucks build is very solid, and very realistic. I sense ths will bring the ratings up quite a bit.

Mystery Cargo:

b8.jpg

For some time specualtion has been going around, what exactly is this? It seems like nuero poison.. :devil: I am very happy with those 2x2 cylinders in trans-yellow. :sweet:

In fact, you can join in and guess what it may be in this topic.

Containers:

b9.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

The first container is built to hold one palette. It fits onto the truck. It produces a very pleasing result, and has a better look to it than the Containers from last year had.

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

The second container has the ability to hold two palettes, and has a design similar to the first. Then, you build on the wheels. The back ones have beautiful mudflaps!

Finshed set:

c6.jpg

----------------------------------

Parts: 10/10 (lots of useful pieces, great colors, and some very cool new pieces.)

Minifigs: 8/10 (I would have liked another but it was $25, so I guess its okay.)

Price per part: 10/10 (almost 350 pieces for $25. :sweet: )

Playability: 8/10 (Forklifts are always fun, and there are lots of things to do with this set.)

Overall: 36/40 90% A-

This is truley an outstanding set, and It will make a great addition to anyones collection. Mocers would aslo like this, due to the fact that it has some really nice parts. It has a great build, and utilizes some awesome new techniques. It also has details, something you might look for in a set. Highly Recommended.

Hope everyone enjoyed the review! If you have any pic requests, questions, etc., please ask! I look forward to hearing your comments, and the judges comments as well.

7733 Peeron.com

7733 Bricklink Catalog

7733 Shop At Home

Very nice review of a set that I've been dying to get, but my friendly neighborhood Lego store never seems to have in stock.

The yellow seat is most definitely not a new piece. I had two of those in my old Beta-1 Command Base, almost 30 years ago!!

Very nice review of a set that I've been dying to get, but my friendly neighborhood Lego store never seems to have in stock.

The yellow seat is most definitely not a new piece. I had two of those in my old Beta-1 Command Base, almost 30 years ago!!

It is interesting however. :classic:

Thanksfor this review, i also got this set recently, and i'm very happy about it. I live the design of these new trucks, and the forklift is also great. Not to forget the good amount of cargo. Btw., i think the "mysterious cargo" only are normal fuel barrels :tongue:

Thanksfor this review, i also got this set recently, and i'm very happy about it. I live the design of these new trucks, and the forklift is also great. Not to forget the good amount of cargo. Btw., i think the "mysterious cargo" only are normal fuel barrels :tongue:

Thanks! Normail fuel would be in those Octan barrels... :laugh:

A very fine set indeed and something at least a little different to the more usual City sets. Sweet!

And it could even be a little sweeter to me with car doors... well, nevermind. :tongue:

Thanks for that very nice review, ~VBBN~!

Great review!

I dig this set. It could have only been better if it had been a 6-wide version of the old 6367 Semi-truck.

Still I ask: what's so special about the special edition?

Still I ask: what's so special about the special edition?

Hmm...good question. Let's hope our Reviewer can help us out here. :classic:

Hmm...good question. Let's hope our Reviewer can help us out here. :classic:

And I can. :wink:

The set is exclusive to Lego brand retail stores, Lego S@H, and Toys "R" Us only.

That explains why it isn't in our local stores. I also got it from S@H, but my box hasn't got the "special edition printing" on it, surprisingly.

Nice review, VBBN! :thumbup:

I stumbled upon your yellow seat as well. Didn´t you have one already :wink: or what made you think it´s new?

The big letdown on this set is the big canopy. :hmpf_bad: I would have preferred single bricks for that. And for this truck there is no real need for a hollow canopy - it could as well have been made of solid bricks. Maybe we get another set with different use of the canopy.

This is one of the reasons I didn´t buy it so far. And I´m especially NOT interested in another forklift, I have plenty of those... I agree it´s the best one we have seen so far though.

That explains why it isn't in our local stores. I also got it from S@H, but my box hasn't got the "special edition printing" on it, surprisingly.

Just like dwarve's mine is exclusive to target.

Nice review, VBBN! :thumbup:

I stumbled upon your yellow seat as well. Didn´t you have one already :wink: or what made you think it´s new?

The big letdown on this set is the big canopy. :hmpf_bad: I would have preferred single bricks for that. And for this truck there is no real need for a hollow canopy - it could as well have been made of solid bricks. Maybe we get another set with different use of the canopy.

This is one of the reasons I didn´t buy it so far. And I´m especially NOT interested in another forklift, I have plenty of those... I agree it´s the best one we have seen so far though.

Thanks! I have a yellow seat, but I just thought it was interesting. :wink: As for the canopy, it really looks good on the finished truck; I like it. And that forklift could be the official one, and the rest could become parts... :devil: