Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Unlikely Society -- Chapter 14

Hey everyone,

The Unlikely Society superheroes are back and ready to kick off a new adventure against a dastardly band of foes.

chap14teaser.jpg

I love the word "dastardly," and I never get to use it in everyday conversation.

If you haven't read the previous Unlikely Society stories (and honestly, why haven't you?!?!), this is a great "jumping on point," as they say in the comic book business.

I also went back and added new covers for all of the previous issues, so be sure to check those out too.

As always, thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!

-Joebot

It's great to see you start up again so soon! :classic:

A good start to the new season, I think. Enough to get us interested and remind us how much we enjoyed season one, and at the same time curious as to what happens next.

The covers are also a nice little addition to the comics.

As great as ever! I love these stories - the in-jokes are great and the technical skills in making them are very much apparent.

Dr. S.

After the great n-vasion finale this first chapter of your new biker chicks story arc looks like a downright congenial sequel,

intriguing and already pretty dramatic. Unlikely Society on! :thumbup:

I wasn't expecting the second season to start this soon :oh: . Great!

I like the new villains on those techno bikes :thumbup:

Can't wait to see what's next!

LuxorV

Ohhhhh. Dragonator is going to kill you! Sparkles got shot! And you know about his... Dragon issue. Anyways, great issue! I still have yet to read the classics, but I hope to one day soon! Great start, i love the bikes and the chicks riding them!

Thanks everyone!

After the great n-vasion finale this first chapter of your new biker chicks story arc looks like a downright congenial sequel,

intriguing and already pretty dramatic. Unlikely Society on! :thumbup:

Yeah, this story is going to be much smaller in scope. It's only going to be three issues long, instead of 13. And the story is much smaller. No epic, world-shattering alien invasions this time. Just some high-tech bank robbers, as well as a bit of a mystery that will run as a narrative thread through the next few story arcs.

Did anybody notice a little continuity error in this chapter? Here's a hint: blonde hair.

Did anybody notice a little continuity error in this chapter? Here's a hint: blonde hair.

I went back and looked after your comment, and found it. In two pictures either Cloe or the blond bank robber have different hair than normal, which made me think you only have one copy of that hair, but they both have it in the final picture. Is there any particular reason for the swapping?

Does it have something to do with the time machine they found?

I love foreshadowing... :wub:

Good to see you writing comics again! This is fun as always. Can't wait to see more! 3 issues? Wow! Imagine that. Restraint! I could learn a thing or two from you. In true Joebot/Hinckley fashion, I'll release another comic soon too. Joebot's like my egg timer. When he releases an issue, I say "uh-oh! Must be time for me to do the same." :tongue:

I went back and looked after your comment, and found it. In two pictures either Cloe or the blond bank robber have different hair than normal, which made me think you only have one copy of that hair, but they both have it in the final picture. Is there any particular reason for the swapping?

You are correct, sir!! I just recently acquired a second blond pigtail piece via Bricklink, so on that final page, I was able to give both characters the correct hair piece. Prior to that, I only had one of those pieces. I'd already taken all the previous pictures, and completed the pages, and I just didn't have the motivation to go back and fix them. That'll be a fun story to tell in the eventual DVD commentary of the Unlikely Society movie.

Does it have something to do with the time machine they found?

I love foreshadowing...

Good to see you writing comics again! This is fun as always. Can't wait to see more! 3 issues? Wow! Imagine that. Restraint! I could learn a thing or two from you. In true Joebot/Hinckley fashion, I'll release another comic soon too. Joebot's like my egg timer. When he releases an issue, I say "uh-oh! Must be time for me to do the same."

The time machine will come into play someday, but that's a couple of stories down the road. I'm actually writing it now. It's got a bit of a Terminator vibe to it.

Glad to hear you've got a new story coming out soon, Hinckley. I always feel relieved when I publish a new chapter ... but then it dawns on me that I have to start all over with the next one! It's a ton of time and work, but I still get a kick out of it. My wife thinks I'm insane. She'll walk into the bedroom where our computer is, and I'll be in there painstakingly drawing a word balloon for a mini-fig with a starfish for a head, and she'll just sigh and turn around and leave. She's a good sport though!