Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

:laugh:, don't you remember? He has chocks of wood on his feet! :laugh:

:laugh: Yes, but I was referring to the fact that the stubby minifig legs aren't able to sit down. Thus, when they are in a car, they stand at the very front of the seat, and they look taller than other minifigs. :tongue:

I was about to say this myself. I'm hoping in the other four sets we get another Temple of Doom set, another Last Crusade set, another Raiders Set, and one more Crystal Skull set. I say this because Skull has already had four sets, I want more OT.

Yes, me too. I'm hoping for a Club Obi Wan set in order to complete the opening scene of ToD, and to get Lao Che an Kao Khan (?). It would be great to get balloons and lots of 1x1 trans-clear studs too, as well as some nice kebab/symbol throwing action. :laugh:

9. Old machine guns still... I hope they give us a new Tommy gun... :devil:

I don't yet have any of the 2008 Batman sets, but they include the old machine guns, don't they? Although I suppose they'd have to do something to make it a non-sprue piece though - I don't really expect us to get any batarangs in an Indy set. :laugh:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Marion was in the Flying Wing scene. Remember, she knocked out the pilot and was trapped inside. The Wing was located just outside the Well of Souls.

Yes, but she had the red pants and a different outfit.

Without making a custom print, I think the head is one reuse that actually works. He looks pretty accurate there. The body needs definition, though.

Well, in the video game he just has a simple small brownish moustache. This is the movie character:

272.jpg

His eyebrows aren't that bushy, and his moustache is thinner, and he doesen't look old. :tongue:

It's a photo of the movie plane in the background, not on the actual toy.

I know; I was sorta... Not... But still referencing the fact that the pics may have been removed by TLC to avoid a scandal erupting from the presence of such a symbol on an image of a toy. Plus, there are those weird people who will do ANYTHING to destroy such symbols, even if they aren't on the toy itself, so such people might want to buy it just to destroy it or something like that. :sceptic:

Yeah, that part needs to be revised.

I'd actually look forward to seeing that windshield piece in plain clear dark grey. :oh:

It's not bad for a fuel truck. The truck wasn't all that different from the Desert Chase vehicle in the film. They were all in the same location to begin with.

I wasn't complaining about its quality for a fuel truck, I was referencing how it looked a lot like the truck in the film which, btw, I haven't seen in a while, so I may be rusty on some aspects. :wink:

ALL of Willie needs to be changed. Obviously a temp figure.

Clearly.

Right. He needs a tan hat. NY Yankees!

It was tan? I thought it was light grey. :sceptic: Hmm...

Indy wasn't wearing glasses in this scene. He was wearing a white tux with black vest and a red flower. Also, no hat.

Oh! I totally forgot! I was confusing him with the Professor Indy from the Last Crusade. But the game depicts him exactly as you describe... We need an Indy with hair! :thumbup:

That'd be nice. Those guns are pretty bad.

Yeah... Besides, the only way they'd ever have been packed was in a polybag with other Batman gear... They HAVE to redo the Tommy gun! :grin:

079.jpg

They look pretty close to me.

Ahh, fair enough. Just recently I saw the whole movie, but I got on too late and missed the whole chase. :cry_sad:

Well, when we saw the prelim box art for the first run, the sets pretty much stayed the same, even though all the figures changed. I'll bet the models are close to final, and all they are working on are the minifigs.

TinyPies, yes, the old Batman Sets as well as the new ones have these same guns, but they are in polybags with the other Batman accessories. As of now, the only other place we've gotten a new bullet firing gun is in Agents and Indy where there's a slight redeux of the Uzi. :sweet:

Marion was in the Flying Wing scene. Remember, she knocked out the pilot and was trapped inside. The Wing was located just outside the Well of Souls.

Yes, but she had the red pants and a different outfit.

Nope. SHe was in the white dress. The Cairo marketplace scene (red pants/white blouse with red trim) ended with her being abducted. She was still in that outfit when Indy discovered her in Belloq's tent. But before she escaped, she had changed into the white dress Belloq gave her. Then she was thrown into the Well of Souls. After escaping that, they went up against the plane. All while wearing that short white dress.

:laugh: Yes, but I was referring to the fact that the stubby minifig legs aren't able to sit down. Thus, when they are in a car, they stand at the very front of the seat, and they look taller than other minifigs. :tongue:

Good point. Maybe he could go on an angle?

Yes, me too. I'm hoping for a Club Obi Wan set in order to complete the opening scene of ToD, and to get Lao Che an Kao Khan (?). It would be great to get balloons and lots of 1x1 trans-clear studs too, as well as some nice kebab/symbol throwing action. :laugh:

Me too, I would prefer that bit to the rest of the film frankly as it is most useful to anyone, what with the gangsters, food, setups, girls and everything. Still, I'm really glad that we are getting ToD sets, I told you all that the earlier statemtn from TLC was just referring to this year :tongue:

I don't yet have any of the 2008 Batman sets, but they include the old machine guns, don't they? Although I suppose they'd have to do something to make it a non-sprue piece though - I don't really expect us to get any batarangs in an Indy set. :laugh:

Yeah, that would be TOO cool to get batarangs for Indy :laugh:

I'm hoping for new machine guns, that would be nice.

Nope. SHe was in the white dress. The Cairo marketplace scene (red pants/white blouse with red trim) ended with her being abducted. She was still in that outfit when Indy discovered her in Belloq's tent. But before she escaped, she had changed into the white dress Belloq gave her. Then she was thrown into the Well of Souls. After escaping that, they went up against the plane. All while wearing that short white dress.

True, she was wearing the dress, and I for one am thankful. A) it means movie accuracy and B) I get another proper Raiders Marion after using her dress for Talia Al Ghul.

To the Batbrickmobile! :devil:

Both are ones that I was hoping for! Good news that ToD is going to be done. Willy Scott and Short Round sound like good figs, and the big Nazi will be interesting. And the additional six sets on the way... can't wait!

'Stronius' sounds like 'strong', can be a sand or earth char

It's likely there are more sets later on in the year or there could be an exclusive in this wave.

I just realized that the Shanghai gangster with the glasses in the chase set, looks a bit like Toht, and I just hope they take away the Bruce Wayne head and put in something different, Like from Speed Racer. Maybe Taejo?

Edited by darthperson

Oh. I used to remember most of the movie but when I played the game for some reason it completely erased any memory of the movie from my memory but for the ending and a few qualities inside. Well, I guess that means no new torso. :sad:

Good point. Maybe he could go on an angle?

Me too, I would prefer that bit to the rest of the film frankly as it is most useful to anyone, what with the gangsters, food, setups, girls and everything. Still, I'm really glad that we are getting ToD sets, I told you all that the earlier statemtn from TLC was just referring to this year :tongue:

Yeah, that would be TOO cool to get batarangs for Indy :laugh:

I'm hoping for new machine guns, that would be nice.

True, she was wearing the dress, and I for one am thankful. A) it means movie accuracy and B) I get another proper Raiders Marion after using her dress for Talia Al Ghul.

To the Batbrickmobile! :devil:

Or you could get the Well of Souls/Snake Pit set. I'm pretty sure it's the same. :look:

I just realized that the Shanghai gangster with the glasses in the chase set, looks a bit like Toht, and I just hope they take away the Bruce Wayne head and put in something different, Like from Speed Racer. Maybe Taejo?

To be frank, not really. He has green glasses and he has a frown. Toht was more of a grim but humorous character. You didn't see him frowning a lot and he had small clear glasses, not dark glasses like Ock. :wink:

But I agree about Taejo; hey, why not Snake Oiler, even? He has darkish glasses, and with the right hair/headgear he'd make a good gangster. :wink: They really need to get all those new heads they made for Speed Racer on the road...

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Oh. I used to remember most of the movie but when I played the game for some reason it completely erased any memory of the movie from my memory but for the ending and a few qualities inside. Well, I guess that means no new torso. :sad:

There'll be one eventually, for all we know there might be a Cairo duel set with exploding munitions truck! It cuold have those new dynamite pieces from the pirate theme :cry_happy:

Or you could get the Well of Souls/Snake Pit set. I'm pretty sure it's the same. :look:

Erm, I already said i had that set, remember the part where I said I used the torso or Talia Al Ghul, which is why I need another one? :tongue:

To be frank, not really. He has green glasses and he has a frown. Toht was more of a grim but humorous character. You didn't see him frowning a lot and he had small clear glasses, not dark glasses like Ock. :wink:

Good point, though the smiley Dock Ock head could work. Still, I agree, I'd love to see a new head for Toht.

But I agree about Taejo; hey, why not Snake Oiler, even? He has darkish glasses, and with the right hair/headgear he'd make a good gangster. :wink: They really need to get all those new heads they made for Speed Racer on the road...

Agreement again here, I'd love to see more of those cool heads here. I wish the Indy theme used more unique heads though like Star Wars and Batman for characters like Satipo and such.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

1. There'll be one eventually, for all we know there might be a Cairo duel set with exploding munitions truck! It cuold have those new dynamite pieces from the pirate theme :cry_happy:

2. Erm, I already said i had that set, remember the part where I said I used the torso or Talia Al Ghul, which is why I need another one? :tongue:

3. Good point, though the smiley Dock Ock head could work. Still, I agree, I'd love to see a new head for Toht.

4. Agreement again here, I'd love to see more of those cool heads here. I wish the Indy theme used more unique heads though like Star Wars and Batman for characters like Satipo and such.

1. Ooh, that'd be awesome! With Cairo thugs with machine guns! I'd BUY! :devil: And they have to use those dynamite pieces... Or else. :skull:

2. Ohhhh... Well why don't you just use that one? :look: Unless, of course, you're planning on integrating Marion into your Batman vignette... :grin:

3. There was a smiley one? The one I have has clenched teeth; how many different Ock heads are there? :wacko:

4. Yeah, the Wayne head gets kinda old but it sticks somehow. You kinda keep saying it's the Bruce Wayne head. Like, when you look at anyone from enemy soldiers to treacherous jungle guides, you just say 'Oh yeah, he has the Bruce Wayne head.' Instead of just reusing one old head, use the host of other heads in Lego's fleshy head collection! But I must admit that the only head that has been recycled throughout the Batman theme is the henchman head, and the only one which has been recycled throughout all Lego licensed themes. :wink:

1. Ooh, that'd be awesome! With Cairo thugs with machine guns! I'd BUY! :devil: And they have to use those dynamite pieces... Or else. :skull:

Yeah, it'd better come with atleast three of those dynamite pieces. Plus another cool Nazi vehicle couldn't hurt.

2. Ohhhh... Well why don't you just use that one? :look: Unless, of course, you're planning on integrating Marion into your Batman vignette... :grin:

Erm, again I repeat, because I want both Marion AND my custom Talia, and they both use the same torso, so I get another one in that set. Yippee.

3. There was a smiley one? The one I have has clenched teeth; how many different Ock heads are there? :wacko:

Two, I have the crazy smiley one, I used his head for Doctor Strange.

4. Yeah, the Wayne head gets kinda old but it sticks somehow. You kinda keep saying it's the Bruce Wayne head. Like, when you look at anyone from enemy soldiers to treacherous jungle guides, you just say 'Oh yeah, he has the Bruce Wayne head.' Instead of just reusing one old head, use the host of other heads in Lego's fleshy head collection! But I must admit that the only head that has been recycled throughout the Batman theme is the henchman head, and the only one which has been recycled throughout all Lego licensed themes. :wink:

I agree, I just want a different Bruce Wayne head then, so I can use more of the current Bruce Wayne head as generic characters.

Are the chase and flying wing sets the only 09 indy's we know about so far?

Yes, more variety in heads in Indy would be great, especially for non-generic characters. It doesn't help that Bruce Wayne has been putting less and less effort into his disgises either... :tongue:

bat013.jpgiaj022.jpg

Are the chase and flying wing sets the only 09 indy's we know about so far?

Yes, for the first half of the year at least. There are rumours that 6 more Indy sets are being released in the second half of the year though.

Two, I have the crazy smiley one, I used his head for Doctor Strange.

Actually, there are four different Doc Ock heads:

1)Smiley with goggles

2)Smiley with glasses

3)Clenched teeth with glasses

4)Frown with glasses

Oh, and my Hugo Strange sports the smiley with glasses also. :classic:

As for Toht, the Harry Potter head works better, minus the scar. Toht has a boyish face, and Potter's round glasses work well.

Actually, there are four different Doc Ock heads:

1)Smiley with goggles

2)Smiley with glasses

3)Clenched teeth with glasses

4)Frown with glasses

Oh, and my Hugo Strange sports the smiley with glasses also. :classic:

I didn't know that, thanks. What do the glasses look like? I imagine not very Toht-ish.

Nice job on Hugo too ! :cry_happy: (I use the goggle head)

As for Toht, the Harry Potter head works better, minus the scar. Toht has a boyish face, and Potter's round glasses work well.

I don't know, he ends up looking far too boyish and unintimidating. Dock Ock head atleast gives that same level of intimidation and malice he has in the film.

I don't know, he ends up looking far too boyish and unintimidating. Dock Ock head atleast gives that same level of intimidation and malice he has in the film

Thought of that. I'm back and forth between the Harry Potter and clenched teeth Dock Ock, but I don't like the green lenses.

What amazes me is that TLC can design four different heads for one character (Doc Ock, see The Birck Rat's last post) in various sets, yet they use the same head for almost every generic male (fleshie) character in Indiana Jones. I really don't think it would kill them to change it up a bit. They don't have to design anyhting new, just use a different head that is already in production...

darthperson (who is hating the Bruce Wayne head more and more everytime he looks at it...)

Edited by darthperson

I didn't know that, thanks. What do the glasses look like? I imagine not very Toht-ish.

The glasses are round and have green lenses. The goggles also have green lenses, but are larger and have two red dots on either side of the lenses. After looking at the goggled head more closely on Bricklink, I have to revise my earlier description - Ock is not smiling, he's grimacing. And no, none of the Ock heads are particularly Toht-ish; I'd use a HP head first (but hopefully TLC will render the issue moot by giving us a real Toht next year).

Nice job on Hugo too ! :cry_happy: (I use the goggle head)

I did a search for your Hugo Strange - we both used the smiley head with glasses (but on different bodies). If I were more computer savvy I would put pics of the 4 heads in this post so you could see the difference, however they are not hard to find on Bricklink.

It's likely there are more sets later on in the year or there could be an exclusive in this wave.

The original list said that there were six more to follow later on in the year. Assuming it's true (it's done pretty well so far), that means plenty more sets.

4. Yeah, the Wayne head gets kinda old but it sticks somehow. You kinda keep saying it's the Bruce Wayne head. Like, when you look at anyone from enemy soldiers to treacherous jungle guides, you just say 'Oh yeah, he has the Bruce Wayne head.'

No no no, it is Bruce Wayne. Batman is a master of disguise after all.

They don't have to design anyhting new, just use a different head that is already in production...

They don't even have to colour yellow heads fleshie either, there are plenty of other fleshie heads out there already.

I do hope everybody here realizes that this is theindy 09 thread, not the bruce/doc ock head-thread.

I do hope everybody here realizes that this is theindy 09 thread, not the bruce/doc ock head-thread.

Well, it's kinda hard to be off topic when mentioning the Bruce Wayne head in an Indy thread when it's been used for five different characters in the first year alone.

As far as the Doc Ock head goes, LEGO themselves used it for the Chinese gangster and people wondered if it would be appropiate for a Toht minifig - that's on topic. It only got off topic when Hugo Strange was brought up. I'm afraid that's because Batfans think every topic can benefit from a little Bat-talk. Sorry about that.

And now to try to get this thread back on topic:

How many times do people think LEGO will reuse the Bruce Wayne head in the Indy '09 sets? :laugh:

Edited by The Brick Rat

How many times do people think LEGO will reuse the Bruce Wayne head in the Indy '09 sets? :laugh:

Hopefully, never again. It's useful, but there are too many of it. :hmpf_bad: