Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I translated what I could from Latin.

"Malum" is "evil, misfortune, misdeed, crime, injury, damage."

Skrall isn't Latin

Gresh is "pace, the ability to walk"

Tarix isn't Latin

Strakk is "massacre, bloodbath, carnage, debris"

Vorox is "to eat greedily, swallow up, consume, gorge oneself"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these are all villains. They wouldn't split heroes and villains 4 and 2 per group. Let's check the small sets:

Atakus isn't Latin, but may be similar to English "Attack"

Raanu isn't Latin

Tarduk is "slow, late, tardy, sluggish"

Berix isn't Latin

Is that "Metus?" The pictures are too blurry...

Zesk isn't Latin

Can't tell with them.

EDIT:

Mata Yellow.

Which one?

Also, don't forget Berix's light blue. Haven't seen that since, what, 2003? Or was that on one of the Visorak...?

Edited by Gunnar

Also, don't forget Berix's light blue. Haven't seen that since, what, 2003? Or was that on one of the Visorak...?
Thok, actually.

Thok, actually.

Oh, yeah.

And, uh... Matoro...

Still.

Well we haven't seen it on a blue character in a while!

Anyways, though "Atakus" isn't Latin, "Atticus" means "of great importance." Maybe he's the leader of the other small sets?

Mata Yellow on I believe the Blue Canister and the Red Impulse.
It looks a bit orange-ish on the Impulse set to me. And I'm very sure that's gold on Tarix. Edited by Gunnar

I've looked again at the Blue Canister and agree it's most likely Gold (we can still hope, though!), but on the Red Impulse it really appears to be yellow. We'll see.

I've looked again at the Blue Canister and agree it's most likely Gold (we can still hope, though!), but on the Red Impulse it really appears to be yellow. We'll see.

Yeah, it's gold on both the blue ones, and, sadly, it's keetorange on the red.

Man, dark red and keetorange, IMO, is one of the worst color schemes ever. Ah well. I don't really like the design on those two sets anyway.

Really, though, I love almost all these sets. The only ones I don't like are the two reds, the small black, the titan green (even though that mask would make a great Nidhiki face), and the canister green, to an extent. All the others look lovely...

They all bring something fresh, while still being true to my idea of Bionicle. Also they remind me of Slizers... dunno why though. Maybe 'cause they're so awesome. =P

And has anyone noticed that game looking thing? It appears to be one of the new-style tread cogs, with numbers and symbols printed on it... hmm... you can see it connects to the white one's butt and the tan (tan!) one's heel. Looks cool.

And I like the little spore things... at first I thought they were a new piece, but now I think they're zamors with holes in 'em that you stick the viking horns in. Dunno though.

Does anyone have a full page picture? My mom speaks spanish and she could probably translate it. : )

Whew! Long post. Sorry if I missed something, I haven't had time to read through all the pages.

~Bunda

Yeah, it's gold on both the blue ones, and, sadly, it's keetorange on the red.

Man, dark red and keetorange, IMO, is one of the worst color schemes ever. Ah well. I don't really like the design on those two sets anyway.

Really, though, I love almost all these sets. The only ones I don't like are the two reds, the small black, the titan green (even though that mask would make a great Nidhiki face), and the canister green, to an extent. All the others look lovely...

They all bring something fresh, while still being true to my idea of Bionicle. Also they remind me of Slizers... dunno why though. Maybe 'cause they're so awesome. =P

And has anyone noticed that game looking thing? It appears to be one of the new-style tread cogs, with numbers and symbols printed on it... hmm... you can see it connects to the white one's butt and the tan (tan!) one's heel. Looks cool.

And I like the little spore things... at first I thought they were a new piece, but now I think they're zamors with holes in 'em that you stick the viking horns in. Dunno though.

Does anyone have a full page picture? My mom speaks spanish and she could probably translate it. : )

Whew! Long post. Sorry if I missed something, I haven't had time to read through all the pages.

~Bunda

Yeah, I speak Spanish, so I could translate it too if you want. :)

these are not all villains. 3 and 3. Kinda

AGGGGHHH I WANT SKRALL

I would rather have Strakk or Vorox... Tan!

I don't really like Tarix's head... too noble, from these pics. =/

Does Strakk remind anyone else of the Megablox Dragons series? I think it's the face/shoulders...

~Bunda

And so the wait begins anew.

Vorox and Zesk win. So much.

Edited by Lluvio

I would rather have Strakk or Vorox... Tan!

I don't really like Tarix's head... too noble, from these pics. =/

Does Strakk remind anyone else of the Megablox Dragons series? I think it's the face/shoulders...

~Bunda

Well, Tarix could always end up being a good guy. :P

Well, Tarix could always end up being a good guy. :P

Well, Vorox, Strakk, and Skrall all seem visibly to be the villains, and, while the other three look fairly benevolent, keep in mind that Malum means "evil" in Latin. I tend to doubt that they'd release both villains and heroes at once, but in unequal numbers. Personally I hope these characters are all either villains who don't always look it, or a group of morally ambiguous characters.

Hands! Bionicle!

bobtongue.gif

I swear to christ, if I was a girl I'd be squeezing my nipples right now.

Never shall a Riotflea have simpy circles for hands ever again!

Simpsons-BreakdanceZaius.gif

I feel like making a gif of me yelling, "megabluck YEAH!".

Screwit, that'd just take time away from me actually yelling it for real.

fuckyeah.gif

I'm really liking what I'm seeing. The zamor-sized things with holes all over them... sweet Hades what you could moc with just that part.

O__O

All those parts in all those nice colors.

And yeah, finally, the things that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE BACK IN THE THE SLIZER/THROWBOTS days, HANDS.

I have no doubt in my mind that if one were to go back in time and have Lego put those hand elements on the Slizers, that THEY might have been as popular as Bionicle.

Face it, things were VERY stupid for VERY long in regards to this.

Like when the first Bionicle movie images came out, you see Tahu Nuva with hands just like this,,, but then you get the set and it's a BALL JOINT?!?

Man, Lego took their freaking time, but they finally made them. :classic:

Well, Vorox, Strakk, and Skrall all seem visibly to be the villains, and, while the other three look fairly benevolent, keep in mind that Malum means "evil" in Latin. I tend to doubt that they'd release both villains and heroes at once, but in unequal numbers. Personally I hope these characters are all either villains who don't always look it, or a group of morally ambiguous characters.

Well to me, Strakk, Malum, and Vorox seem to me that they're are the villains, while the others are the good guys.

Also, if you look at the masks, they all seem...more movie like.

Well to me, Strakk, Malum, and Vorox seem to me that they're are the villains, while the others are the good guys.

Also, if you look at the masks, they all seem...more movie like.

Skrall looks pretty evil to me...

But then again, so does Onua Mata, Nuparu Inika, Onua Mistika, and a large quantity of the black sets. So I suppose it's a bit too soon to judge.

If they're gladiators, it's my opinion that none are "evil" or "good", just all fighting for whatever it is they are fighting for.

Look closely: Skrall has black Kalmah armor, and I think waist articulation. =D

~Bunda

Edit: Does he have red pins? O_o

Edited by Bundalings

hey, im argentinian, so i speak spanish. if you found bionicle 2009 sets descriptions in spanish there, i will traduce it to te english for you

Wow... this is the earliest I've seen leaked images... which is bad for lego probly. but it hypes me up more. :D

So the actual sets... are way awesome. Great mix of old + new peices for the effect of Bionicle sets... while not entirely looking like they're from the Matoran Universe. LOVE Strakk's new torso build... w/ a Matoran connection peice as the connector between hips and Inika torso... Reminds me of Mantax, except good. Rebuilt it in my peices already, and love it sooo much.

About the hands: Love them. They aren't necessary, but I like the feel they give the series. I also like the fact that there are sets that don't have them, such as Malum. Love Zesk and his cute four-leggediness.

About the rest: The spiked balls? Weird. Dunno how you'll be able to shoot them... but I like finally having a consistant launcher... the Zamor... If they're gonna have projectiles, at least have them be able to be interchanged. Other weapons? YES. Dual weapons return, while still pleasing the young'ns with the launchers. Good move on LEGO's part. Gresh has a really big torso flaw with the armor bumping out too far... easily fixed by puting the claws on top of the armor.

Overall, really excited for all of these things.

fero and skimix:

fero and skimix represents a imponent big creature, very muchs attractives designs for the 2009 dvd film

I can't tell from the pics, but I sincerely hope those new hands allow the axle to go ALL the way through, not just stopping halfway.

Even so... it's a welcome part that's worth adjusting to.

Lol... 3 fingers. Most cartoony. But again, still welcome.

As psyched as I am for these new sets, I still want to get a few more (well, duplicates) of the bad guy Mistika. Not the heroes of course, they're pretty lame.

The Dor Posted Today, 10:23 PM

Wow... this is the earliest I've seen leaked images... which is bad for lego probly. but it hypes me up more. :D

Sad fact: Lego thinks people actually like THEM officially releasing new pics instead of fans get fired up and happy seeing them 6 months in advance.

Strange, backwards thinking, but they really do believe this.

I can't tell from the pics, but I sincerely hope those new hands allow the axle to go ALL the way through, not just stopping halfway.

Even so... it's a welcome part that's worth adjusting to.

Lol... 3 fingers. Most cartoony. But again, still welcome.

As psyched as I am for these new sets, I still want to get a few more (well, duplicates) of the bad guy Mistika. Not the heroes of course, they're pretty lame.

Sad fact: Lego thinks people actually like THEM officially releasing new pics instead of fans get fired up and happy seeing them 6 months in advance.

Strange, backwards thinking, but they really do believe this.

Three fingers? I was pretty sure a I saw thumb on Terix...

Edited by S-N