Derek

City '09?

All I say is: Give me pics!

Then we´ll see. :look:

But IF TLC is really releasing these sets, it will be a blast. :sweet:

OK - now we´ve got pics! :wub: :wub: :wub:

This will (again :hmpf: ) blast my wallet. :laugh:

cosmic-energy-blast-space-photoshop.jpg

ALright. We with my techic-educated friend guessing there is a dozer with Power Functions in City line (see that back thing over the motor section? probably its IR-receiver. and the fact is - dozer is unusually fat (have many space inside for motors maybe)):

p1000875.jpg

Whung requested I remove the list, as it is merely speculation, and not real. Please end converstion of the list I posted earlier. I'm really sorry, I suppose this could be closed, or used for speculation of 2009.

Just for the sakes of being a smartarse...

backedup.png

*grins*

2009 spoilers: COWS!

Edited by maiq the liar

Yep, there's gonna be brand new COW molds :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy:

It's hard to judge from pictures (which I won't post) but there are also a new windscreen mold + different colour Indy hat!!!

Yep, there's gonna be brand new COW molds :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy:

It's hard to judge from pictures (which I won't post) but there are also a new windscreen mold + different colour Indy hat!!!

The farmer in the barn? The white/tan looking hat? Yeah its an ok colour but, I would rather have black or something.

Yay for farms! But, where's the pony? I guess I can't complain too much, since we've got cows.

Here's hoping the subtheme will continue and give us sheep and pigs...

Steve

My thoughts on the pictures:

FARM: I love the cows and perhaps the feeding area, but the Barn looks a bit <insert that tiresome argument>. The tractor looks HUGE!! The harvester is even BIGGER.

7635: Horse Trailer: I have mixed feelings, but overall, I guess I like this set. I suppose it just looks so modern.

CONSTRUCTION: I don't like the large construction set much at all - esp the Jack-Stone'ish building/shop. The crane reminds me a lot of Lego's existing XXL Crane. The other green truck is just OK. The other construction vehicles are all pretty large and will certainly dwarf my existing City/Town buildings. They take up a complete roadplate. I really wish Lego would return to smaller vehicles.

STREET SCENE 8401: Love it! I like little sets like this. They can add a lot of great detail to existing cities/towns.

PIRATES: Awesome! (discussed in the Pirate Forum).

Oh my goodness, i just realized there ARE pictures, for a few minutes i was like "wtf? no way we already got pictures of real sets!" :oh: I can't believe we really get farm sets, that's so awesome! And the big pirate ship looks stunning, also seems there might be some nice interior in it :thumbup: Must go now and save the pictures before they get removed :tongue:

I wasn't going to post at all until I got back from vacation (I'm not used to the type of keyboard they have), but I felt I needed to say something.

For all those who are complaining about the quality of the farm sets: lighten up! The mere fact that we're getting sets like this is a miracle, considering that even the much loved 80's never had a farm line. We could have just gotten a new Emergency line or another second wave of a subtheme - but instead we got something that's almost too true to believe. And now some of you are still complaining? Think of all the posibilities if this line sells well - we could get more kits like houses, shops, and other awesome stuff. :sweet:

We seriously need to all support TLC right now and give them a big hand of applause for doing something like this - would you rather we go back to the period where we only had police, fire, and rescue sets? TLC is finally getting back in its grove, and I just don't get why some members complain so much. :sadnew:

Anyway, I'll have to keep my analysis of the sets short for now, but here's a basic summary: :oh3::oh::sweet::wub::cry_happy:

Actually i like the farm too, it doesn't even look too <insert that tiresome argument> to me. You can't exactly tell that by this picture, as it is really blurry :sceptic: The only pieces that disturb me are the ones of which the roof is made, i never saw those before.

I found some more pictures of the 2009 City Lego building sets:

Edit by Hinckley: Those pictures are enormous and eating up people's bandwidth. Also, they seem to be photographed from a dealer's catalog. Please don't post them here. Thank you.

These pictures just almost made my computer explode. Please don't post such freakin' huge pictures directly here! :wacko: Anyway, these are the same ones as in the brickshelf folder we already saw.

Thanks for the pics Justin! :thumbup:

Seems the "Mutt Hair" is now being used everywhere! :thumbup: Now they just need to make a blone one :cry_happy:

Nice i like the City Minifigs :thumbup:

Waiting for more pics....

Still loving the City sets, gonna pick up the Construction site and the farm for sure. And looks like the Torso of that green and red suspenders get up was real after all. Just need pictures of the so-called "Space police" sets and I'm good.

I love the construction site set, it kinda rminds me of 6390 Main street. The house beeing constructed for me looks like it is all brick-built, that's great! And th crane looks much better than the one from 2005, not to forget the truck. :thumbup:

Wow juniorisation seems to be back in full swing! Lots of technic stuff (blech)

I am getting the farm, the small tractor and the horse trailer. The brickforge cows look so much better.

well the city sets look the best of all the things i've seen so far. especially that red tractor and the minifig pack remind me of the town classics. the farm looks great too even though i don't think young boys will go for it if you release big and great looking construction sets as well... the construction sets... what to say... i kinda like them all except for the construction yard... that's just too big, look <insert that tiresome argument> too and the crane isn't really fantastic either, but i'm sure it'll sell quite well..

the camper looks great too. my only fear is that the truck is a bit too big

7633 sort of reminds me of the Main Street set from 1980.

That farm set looks amazing. It's even got cows! MOO! I currently live in the city of Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA, so I can relate to this set since the Green Bay area is surrounded by farms, and that Wisconsin is nicknamed "America's Dairyland" on the state license plate. With that said, Lego went the agricultural direction with their new City lineup of sets. Looks like people would want to incorporate this set into their train layout when they get it.

Yeah I love all the new sets (Even the diggers) Because They have lots of cool new parts and combine harvester :devil:.

Since the pics are removed, I'll post a link to Brickshelf instead.

2009 Lego sets

I already posted a link to that brickshelf gallery a few pages back. :wink:

I like the tractor and the new cows myself, and that combine harvester would be lethal in a rampage!

Edited by Lord Of Pies