Gen. Knowledge

My Army version 1.5

indexed.gif Armies

In honor of the Lego Minifigs 30th Birthday, my 100th post, and I believe Citizenship, I thought I would share a picture with y'all of some custom minifigs torsos and a flag (not a very creative design) I came up with for my army. Now let's celebrate and have some birthday cake!

dsc_7642.jpg

--Edited--

Hello, I just bought some new baseplates so I thought I would take new pictures of my updated army. This is version 1.5, an update to my original post HERE. In the next few weeks I will be experimenting with torso stickers to create some custom minifigs for the officers and the artillery companies. I will also be expanding my army to reach battalion strength. Enjoy!

Overall view of my army.

2777134526_ba18607b6b.jpg

My command staff with Brigadier General Knowledge in the foreground flanked by his Colonel on the left and a Lt. Colonel (Head Surgeon) on the right. behind them stands the Majors with blue epaulettes and Captains with yellow epaulettes.

2777135590_69da468605.jpg

Medical Services Company in the foreground and Artillery Company in the background. (In version 2.0 the Artillery Company will be switched to the Logistics/Combat Support Company).

2776282427_7d673d14ed.jpg

F-Company (Imperial Foot Guards) I'm thinking about possibly forming a second company of Foot Guards, but I will have to wait and see what happens with the possible release of new soldiers. HERE

2776283625_e84e4f8e19.jpg

Two companies of dis-mounted Imperial Dragoons.

2777140192_19e7123b36.jpg

A and B Company of Imperial Infantry.

2777158302_0c72a078a4.jpg

C-Company of Imperial Infantry at half strength, waiting for reinforcements.

2777159106_b861ffa9a2.jpg

Some of the Cooks. They are part of the Logistics/Combat Support Company.

2776304309_fed1f8c546.jpg

This is how I store them for now.

2776307955_41bc32dab6.jpg

I would include numbers, but I'm just too lazy right now. Wait for version 2.0

Tony

Edited by SlyOwl

Hi Gen Knowledge It's been a while since I have posted until today been really really busy....

Anyway that is some army!!!

Are you going to give them weapons and accessories? and I love the cooks if you did a big camp area with them all cooking and soldiers queing up for scran that would be amuzing.

:pir-classic:

Wow Gen. Knowledge,

thats one massive army! really like the imperial feel to it.

I also like the Logistics/Combat Support Company, hope they make some good steaks for the men. :pir-tongue:

Kind regards,

Teddy

The base plates certainly help to bring uniformity to their arrangement...

So General, how long has it taken you to amass an army of this size? It can't have been cheap either.

Very nicely done. It's interesting to see that your brigade has two regiments - perhaps it would be better not to call this an army, but a division (divisions are made up of one or more regiments, and an army is made of divisions), seeing there are various specialized staff to cater to the division's needs?

Hi Gen Knowledge It's been a while since I have posted until today been really really busy....

Anyway that is some army!!!

Are you going to give them weapons and accessories? and I love the cooks if you did a big camp area with them all cooking and soldiers queing up for scran that would be amuzing.

:pir-classic:

Hello Black beard,

Thanks for the comment.

I do have weapons for them, but since they are being inspected by the general, they are not armed at the moment (there are clone spies out there, don't want him to be assassinated). All the soldiers except for the dragoons carry the WW Rifle. The dragoons carry the Brickarms M1 Garand. Depending on what Lego does with the New Pirate line (new muskets), I will probably be getting all the soldiers the M1 in the future. They look more like the Martini-Henry the British Army carried.

I plan on doing a few MOCs of with these soldiers in the very near future. It would go a lot faster if people would stop outbidding me on eBay! :pir_bawling:

Wow Gen. Knowledge,

thats one massive army! really like the imperial feel to it.

I also like the Logistics/Combat Support Company, hope they make some good steaks for the men. :pir-tongue:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hi Teddy,

Thanks for commenting.

Unfortunately Lego does not make cows yet (except for Duplo cows) in minifig scale, so their only source of meat are the horses. But since they need the horses for transport, this army will have to be vegetarians for now.

It's very impressive, great army !

Thanks Chenben.

The base plates certainly help to bring uniformity to their arrangement...

So General, how long has it taken you to amass an army of this size? It can't have been cheap either.

Hi Mister Phes,

I finally worked up the courage to walk into the local Lego store and picked up 5 of the 48x48 stud plates. I think I will go back for 3 more to form a square. It does make things a lot easier when I am trying to transport them up and down the stairs.

I started with 5 Imperial Guards in mid June 2008 when I came back from Legoland, California. Like I stated above, if my fellow AFOLs would stop bidding so high for Imperial Guards and Soldiers I would be done by now. Plus I think Bricklink is running out of them too. And no, they are not cheap. :blush: I just hope Lego comes out with the new pirate line before I slip back into the dark.

Very nicely done. It's interesting to see that your brigade has two regiments - perhaps it would be better not to call this an army, but a division (divisions are made up of one or more regiments, and an army is made of divisions), seeing there are various specialized staff to cater to the division's needs?

Hello Lt. Col. Thok,

Your right about the naming. I shouldn't call it an army. I do call it a brigade because it is commanded by a brigadier general, but in reality it is only a battalion in numbers (1,000 soldiers). That is why there is a Lt. Colonel like yourself in command, with the Colonel and Brig. General attached temporarily for the upcoming maneuvers. Maybe I should call it a task force. Eventually there will be an attachment of Imperial Sailors and Imperial Marines to assist in future conflicts.

I hope to get to brigade size with any new soldiers Lego releases. Let's hope they look more like the Imperial Soldiers and Guards then Armada.

Tony

Your right about the naming. I shouldn't call it an army. I do call it a brigade because it is commanded by a brigadier general, but in reality it is only a battalion in numbers (1,000 soldiers).

That is a freakin' huge army! Perhaps you should apply "selective compression" to your army and not worry so much about absolute numbers (ie. 1:1 scale).

Like you I hope there are some sort of red-coated soldiers in the new pirates line because I need a few more as well and they are getting crazy expensive since some guy started buying hundreds of them... :pir-classic:

That is a freakin' huge army! Perhaps you should apply "selective compression" to your army and not worry so much about absolute numbers (ie. 1:1 scale).

Like you I hope there are some sort of red-coated soldiers in the new pirates line because I need a few more as well and they are getting crazy expensive since some guy started buying hundreds of them... :pir-classic:

Hi tedbeard,

I wish I could use "selective compression" to my army, but as you can see I'm obsessed/addicted at the moment with this project. I started off only wanting about 400 or so soldiers, and now it has grown to almost 1,000 (maybe even more by the time I'm done). I still need to build sets for my soldiers, but right now recruitment is priority number one.

buying hundreds you say...lucky guy, I can't seem to find that many at any given time. :hmpf:

That's alot of people, I can't wait to see the numbers.

Hello Manta,

I don't want you to have to wait too long, so here it is.

1 - Brigadier General

1 - Colonel

3 - Lt. Colonels (1 - Battalion Commander (not shown), 1 - Chief Medical Officer, 1 - Company Commander (Dragoons, not shown))

11 - Majors (1 - Head Chef, 10 - Company Commanders (7 not shown)

12 - Captains (9 - Company Executive Officers(5 not shown), 1 - Platoon Commander (Dragoons, not shown), 2- Senior Medical Officers(1 not shown))

42 - Lieutenants (37 - Platoon Commanders (17 not shown), 5 field surgeons)

293 - Imperial Infantry (redcoats) with 88 en route.

120 - Imperial Foot Guards (blue coats)

98 - Imperial Dragoons (blue coats) with 100 en route.

68 - Imperial Artillery (firefighter torso) with 12 en route.

20 - Stretcher Bearers

10 - Field Medics

13 - Cooks with 17 en route.

12 - Imperial Home Guards

400 white torsos to customize. I won't be customizing the Imperial Soldiers or Imperial Guards (that would be wrong) Just creating artillery and home guards.

-----

70 total officers

634 total soldier with 217 en route for 851.

704 current total, 921 future total not including the 400 soon-to-be customized soldiers and officers.

I also have about 100 or so Imperial Sailors and will be using some of the 400 custom minifigs as Imperial Marines.

OK Manta I hope that was what you wanted.

Tony

I added a new picture of General Knowledge (white epaulette), a Lt. Colonel (red epaulette), Imperial Home Guard (shako headgear), and members of my Imperial Artillery Company (gray torsos). See my original post on this thread for the picture. I got these custom torso stickers from BL. The color is off, but it will due until the new soldiers come next year.

Finally, citizenship!

Tony

I know I am posting this late, but I just found this, and wow! That is a very impressive army! It would defiantly crush my army of two minifigs! :P

Lego12

Isn't there another (more recent) thread for this? Or was it in the "show me your army -thread" I saw your most recent army ???

Nice, extended and detailed army ,General Knowledge, I am looking forward to see the new soldiers integrated into your magnificent army !

You are the first one I saw using auxilliary units on such a large scale.

Edited by zorro3999

Wow that is all I can say

Welcome aboard mate! Let’s go ahead and nip this in the bud though as to not develop bad habits like bumping old topics. It’s severely frowned upon and will likely earn you a bad reputation with the staff and members alike.

Some literature for you to review on the matter:

Bumping Old Topics

Site Guidelines