Rate the set  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for the detailed review. I built this set over the weekend and I've two questions. Firstly am I going insane or are there two circular republic stickers left over on the sticker sheet? I can't see a location for them and unfortunately the instructions were a little strange on the sticker front - I'm not sure why the stickers can't be added as the set proceeds and even before parts are added to the model. Its tricky sometimes to get them on afterwards without making a mess. I also hate the fact that two of the tiny 'display' stickers that go into the cockpit cover several bricks at once and will be very difficult to keep attached to bricks if the set is eventually dismantled.

The second question concerns the neck gear that Commander Clone is wearing. The piece around the neck isn't symmetrical with more plastic seemingly over one shoulder than the other. I'm probably not describing this well but if anyone who has this set can figure out what I'm getting at I'd be curious to know if this is intentional or a plastic moulding problem.

David

Thanks for the detailed review. I built this set over the weekend and I've two questions. Firstly am I going insane or are there two circular republic stickers left over on the sticker sheet? I can't see a location for them and unfortunately the instructions were a little strange on the sticker front - I'm not sure why the stickers can't be added as the set proceeds and even before parts are added to the model. Its tricky sometimes to get them on afterwards without making a mess. I also hate the fact that two of the tiny 'display' stickers that go into the cockpit cover several bricks at once and will be very difficult to keep attached to bricks if the set is eventually dismantled.

The second question concerns the neck gear that Commander Clone is wearing. The piece around the neck isn't symmetrical with more plastic seemingly over one shoulder than the other. I'm probably not describing this well but if anyone who has this set can figure out what I'm getting at I'd be curious to know if this is intentional or a plastic moulding problem.

David

First Question: Mine has four stickers too, I think two are extra :wink: .

Second Question: The neck armor is supposed to be asymmetrical. :wink:

David

You're not insane! I had a lot of stickers left after building the gunship, and put those Republic stickers on the AT-TE on the 2x2 tiles.

I personally used the monkey/chicken thing with the missile for the hull (very nice) and used all cockpit stickers.

I actually stuck those two cockpit display stickers behinf the troopers' heads on the cream tile (it still looks good).

I also usually use 2 clone troopers in the driving seats so I left that horrible red sticker off one of the windows!

NECK GEAR- It's meant to be like that - Lop sided!

I wonder if the sticker options are to encourage the hardcore fans to buy two sets, so they can have one of each separate ship.

Steve

Jim Butcher, this is how a review should be done! Really, great job with this. Clear pictures showing the set from all angles, good comprehensive text well written, ... . I'm glad to see a new generation of great reviewers has arrived. Keep them coming!

Jim Butcher, this is how a review should be done! Really, great job with this. Clear pictures showing the set from all angles, good comprehensive text well written, ... . I'm glad to see a new generation of great reviewers has arrived. Keep them coming!

Wow, thanks! No future reviews are planned for me right now, but keep your eyes peeled! :sweet:

I just got it today and it looks like you built a bit of it wrong. And also the only trouble I had with the bubble canopy was that there was no clone inside. I thought it was pretty stable. Though I do agree with you on the swooshabillity.

Very nice review. I finished building mine on Sunday, and I'd like to add a couple things to this discussion.

1. The bike doesn't fit well into the back. Either the door doesn't shut completely or the bike is lifted slightly off the 'ground' with the door completely shut. No big deal since I won't be storing the bike inside. :classic:

2. The doors are great, but they don't shut perfectly. It's a minor gripe, but I add it for completeness.

3. I agree on the horrid look of the skirt. I spent 20 minutes hunting for the standard plastic slope thinking I'd been shorted a piece only to have it dawn on me that it might be in the little white box. :wacko: Not very pretty IMHO.

4. I got 2 complete sets of clone gear, 4 pistols and 4 of the curved saber handles. That's a nice pile of extras.

5. The canopies are all headaches to open correctly. It's probably mostly due to the newness of the pieces. With use they'll get easier to open.

6. I can't stand the flick fire missles, but that's just me.

7(and last, whew). This thing has the swooshability of an anvil. :tongue:

Well, I got my republic gunship at the toysrus midnight madness. It was pretty fun. I find this set very interesting and fun to play with. I like the minifigs a lot, but one thing, clone troopers were excellent! I built this set in less than 2 hours with a couple of breaks. It is a great addition to my collection is because I always wanted a gunship, but never got the first one and this one is much better anyways. If you do not have this set, you have to go buy it now!

post-3200-1217377941.jpg

Yeah this set rocks! I got it the 26th and built it that day. It took me 4 hours to build and the set is sweet! :sweet: I recommend you get this set, its great! :cry_happy: Nice review JimButcher! I give this set a 9.7/10. I really have fun playing with it, but they need to make an Episode II BP, so you can make an army! :devil:

I just got it today and it looks like you built a bit of it wrong.

It's possible, but which part did I do wrong?

Very nice review. I finished building mine on Sunday, and I'd like to add a couple things to this discussion.

1. The bike doesn't fit well into the back. Either the door doesn't shut completely or the bike is lifted slightly off the 'ground' with the door completely shut. No big deal since I won't be storing the bike inside. default_classic.gif

2. The doors are great, but they don't shut perfectly. It's a minor gripe, but I add it for completeness.

3. I agree on the horrid look of the skirt. I spent 20 minutes hunting for the standard plastic slope thinking I'd been shorted a piece only to have it dawn on me that it might be in the little white box. default_wacko.gif Not very pretty IMHO.

4. I got 2 complete sets of clone gear, 4 pistols and 4 of the curved saber handles. That's a nice pile of extras.

5. The canopies are all headaches to open correctly. It's probably mostly due to the newness of the pieces. With use they'll get easier to open.

6. I can't stand the flick fire missles, but that's just me.

7(and last, whew). This thing has the swooshability of an anvil. default_tong.gif

1. That's true, but same thing with me; I won't be storing it in there.

2. Yes, a minor gripe.

3. Plastic slope? I always got my cloth materials in LEGO sets in that little white box.

4. Yes, an extra set of clone gear is found in both the AT-TE and RGS, which is very nice.

5. Yes, I completely agree. :classic:

6. I don't mind them much, but don't necessarily need them.

7. That's a phrase I haven't heard before. :laugh:

It's possible, but which part did I do wrong?

Two things:

1: The rear gun is missing a technic pin.

2:There are supposed to be two parts on the bottom of the cockpit to prevent it from lifting.

Great review! This arrived today and I must say, it's absolutely enormous. Good job on not adding those stickers - it took me forever to get them nice and straight, especially the angular ones. Plo Koon and Commander Cody are great minifigs too! But Asajj Ventress - she looks a bit too dumpy. :wacko: I'll get used to it and I like her but, dumpy.

A really cool set, I think the reason I didn't much like the Gunship in the movies/new cartoon was because of the bulkiness/low swooshability. I'm sure somehow I'll be able to swoosh it around but who knows? If you have trouble swooshing it I'm sure something'll come up for me. In the movie it doesn't really fly that fast, it's more of a hovering sort of machine. It rises up and down but doesn't streamline its way forward- it slams forward! :tongue: I might as well buy it and see for myself. Besides, Asajj isn't THAT dumpy for a pure white-skinned alien. You ought to see some others mate...

I have right now enough money to purchase the Republic Gunship, and the AT-TE. I went to the store this morning a bit after 6. they had the V-19, Droid Gunship, and the Mangagaurd Starfighter. i almost walked out with the V-19 and the gunship, but no one was at checkout so i took this as a sign to wait, so i put the sets back and left. Maybe i will have better luck tomorrow.

Thanks again.

You've been busy, eh?

Great pics and a nice walkthrough on this fine set.

KimT

Hmm...let's see; has TLC made an earlier version of the Republic Attack Gunship, a smaller one? I think I can remember something like that but I'm not sure, please help me clear up my mind! I think this set (7676) is really interesting but a bit too big. I like the stickers to this set especially the two stange pairs (the rat-like thing and the "pin-up") which I think are supposed to recemble the paintings on WW2-bombers, really nice! Well, well I will never come close to buy such a beast but I could always dream about it. :sweet:

I decided to leave Cody's kama off, so he has some distinction other than color from the other two commanders. Besides, in the movie it looks like he doesn't wear the kama or the pauldron, just his specialized helmet (that Fox has as well) and the special shoulder pads.

I really like my RGS, but I tend to have a problem with the whole top and wing assembly falling off quite a bit. Also, the doors on the side seem to be off kilter a little bit, because when closed, they don't synq up all that well. Oh well, still a nice set. Your review does it justice.

Those doors on the side don't line up perfectly for me either, but it's a minor problem on an otherwise great set. I like the stickers, but I'm always opposed to using them in case I want to reuse the parts on a future MOC.

As an aside, my local Target had all the Clone Wars legos at 10% off until the end of the day. That makes this beast only $107.99! :cry_happy: I didn't check online, but it's possible there's a similar sale.

Don't mean to contradict you, but all clones don't have the same face. Captain Rex is pretty much the same, but has facial hair instead of being clean shaven. I am asking for this set for my birthday, and hope to get it. The only thing that I think they should have done differently is include another clone. One pilot isn't really enough.

Don't mean to contradict you, but all clones don't have the same face. Captain Rex is pretty much the same, but has facial hair instead of being clean shaven.

Oh, really? Thanks for pointing that out. But what I meant was that Cody and the trooper have the same faces in this set. :wink:

One question: I see four Republic ensigna stickers on the SS, but I can only spot two being used. :look: Does this mean they are spare ones? That would be useful for Republic vehicle MOCs. :sweet:

One question: I see four Republic ensigna stickers on the SS, but I can only spot two being used. :look: Does this mean they are spare ones? That would be useful for Republic vehicle MOCs. :sweet:

Well, I only had two get used on mine,so I think it is safe to say that there is a few extra. God only knows why.

Yup.

You can make one of the two RGS's from the CW.

My proposal is buy 2 make one of each :thumbup:

And use the spare of each version for MOCs