Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Buy ships for your MIGHTY fleet

Well good luck! Let us know it goes.

Have you ever considered selling it on eBay? That might be your next course of action if you don't get any interest from the forum.

Yes I've been thinking about it but I heard ebay takes something like 7.5% from the winning bid as reward and that's way too much in my opinion

d35e_1.JPG

This one is in the USA - currently $20.50

CLICK HERE to place a bid!!!

Only $20.50? That IS cheap! In fact, it's probabaly the best auction I've seen for a Pirate ship, other than a BSB going for a Buy It Now of $14 with $10 shipping. Sadly, I went to $18 before I could bid :pir_bawling:. Back on topic, I'll probabaly bid, if it's still pretty cheap in 1 day, 20 1/2 hours. :pir-tongue:

One really annoying thing about purchasing legos from ebay is that even though seller says all pieces are included it hardly

never is true. I could bet 100$ that there's at least a few missing pieces in RBR altough seller says it has all.

Recently I bough two BSBs from ebay and there were pretty much missing pieces in both cases. But all ended well, I asked and got discount because of that

When ordinary (non legofans) sell legos it's almost a rule that something is missing, but what can you expect when there are hundred and hundred of pieces

Edited by Antsa Antero

Ah i already have like a gazzillion of those! :pir-tongue:

One really annoying thing about purchasing legos from ebay is that even though seller says all pieces are included it hardly

never is true. I could bet 100$ that there's at least a few missing pieces in RBR altough seller says it has all.

Recently I bough two BSBs from ebay and there were pretty much missing pieces in both cases. But all ended well, I asked and got discount because of that

When ordinary (non legofans) sell legos it's almost a rule that something is missing, but what can you expect when there are hundred and hundred of pieces

I agree on this and i have had many cases were the seller didn't even reply my emails about it, while good money was payed..

I've stopped buying sets off ebay and such for that reason, unless i need the parts and it's a good deal.

Hmmmm... The Red Beard Runner doesn't appear to be that "cheap" anymore, in fact it seems quite reasonably priced.

Hmmmm... The Red Beard Runner doesn't appear to be that "cheap" anymore, in fact it seems quite reasonably priced.

Luckily, I found my used copy for only € 30 (boxed with instructions and some extra's that did not belong to the ship) a year and a half or so back (which is about $44 at today's exchange rate) :pir-cry_happy: . At the time, I found that a fairly reasonable price and I did not want to spend much more for this model. Seems that prices for the last of the big ships have been increasing fast since then. :pir-oh:

Did you make a bid for Adam? And if so, did you WIN??? :imperialguard_commander1:

I bid on Palm Hideout (one of the only Pirate sets I didn't have) and won. :pir-sweet: It was a little pricey, but worth it. I can review it, if you like (I noticed it wasn'tin the Index).

We had a Palm Hideout review not so long ago but it appears the index hasn't been updated. But you can review it again if you like.

I'm also curious, which Palm Hideout auction did you win? Is it possible you could provide a link to the auction?

Hi Randomparrot,

The items displayed in this thread aren't mine personally, they're highlights from the eBay Auctions displayed at the bottom of the Pirate forum.

But to answer your question - YES!!!

There will be more auctions, but I can't guarentee I will always highlight them in threads like this. It'll be up to potential buyers to scroll down to the bottom of the forum and monitor the auctions which appear in the advertisements.

Those are some good looking auctions! I'll proabably bid on the RBR, I don't have one of those. BTW, I checked the last few pages, and can't find the Palm Hideout review.

Yes indeed Adam! But just remember to read the auction descriptions because you can't always determine from pictures whether the set is 100% or what condition the parts are in.

It's amazing at how quick these posts are replied to. I thought being the lot of sea dogs you are, you'd want to keep what you're bidding on a secret! That's not to say stop letting us know....

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I can't say I understand what you mean by that Mister Phes. Oh well! Email it to me. I don't know about that BSB as I already have one, but are those green baseplates for sale?

It's amazing at how quick these posts are replied to. I thought being the lot of sea dogs you are, you'd want to keep what you're bidding on a secret! That's not to say stop letting us know....

I was thinking the exact same thing... It doesn't make sense to me.

There are a lot of things in the world that don't make sense... Then again they make perfect sense to others, it's just a matter of posessing the appropriate knowlege to enable it to happen.

That is a truly salivating auction General Knowledge! Perhaps best mentioned in the MINT Sealed Box Madness thread next time it surfaces...

There are a lot of things in the world that don't make sense... Then again they make perfect sense to others, it's just a matter of posessing the appropriate knowlege to enable it to happen.

Are you by any chance a philosipher? Joking. Well I sure don't have the knowledge to work it out. Do you? Can you share it?