7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Outback Desert Racer

G'day Mates! Today from the Legoland's Desert Down Under, I'll be sharing an image review of Outback Set #6550, Desert Racer

Set #: 6550

Theme: Outback

Year Released: 1997

Piece Count: 48

Minifigs: 1

List Price: $4 (USD)

Starting with an image of the box:

01box.jpg

And the back side with three alternate models:

02back.jpg

Instructions and decals:

03decalinstruct.jpg

The pieces:

04pieces.jpg

A side view of the vehicle:

05side.jpg

Diagonal view:

06diag.jpg

One minifig:

07fig.jpg

And the complete set:

08set.jpg

PROS:

- Price is under $5 ($4 USD retail) - good impulse set

- Goes well with other Outback sets

- Combination of yellow and green pieces

- Working doors and liftable top for playability

CONS:

- Stickers on doors, hood, and 1x4 tile. No printed pieces

- No accessories (a wrench, gas can, and other extras would have added to the set)

- No extra tire for blow outs

SUMMARY: I picked this set up new a number of years ago as a true "Impulse Buy", after buying one of the larger Outback sets (Amazon Crossing or Outback Airstrip). It's a neat little addition to the theme with its working doors and playability factor. Although I only built it once before today, I would buy again if I had the opportunity.

Hooroo for now! Some good Aussie music to leave you with: Down Under

This set looks liek a good buy for $4. Wish it was still around, but Like you said, it needs accessories.

I remember having this set (actually i even still have it, at least the pars are SOMEwhere :tongue: ) when i was a child, and i used it for making races, as it is there for. All these many reviews let me think again at that i also planned to make some reviews for the town section. I got your message TheBrickster, don't worry! I got a lot to do at the moment, but i should find some time this upcoming week. :thumbup:

Wish it was still around.

Even though, little sets <$10, like the new Coast Guard 4WD & Jet, and the Quad are great little City sets. Lego seems to be returning to good quality small sets with their latest City line-up.

I remember having this set (actually i even still have it, at least the pars are SOMEwhere :tongue: ) when i was a child, and i used it for making races, as it is there for.

You should look for them and resurrect it. It really feels good after you've found all the pieces and put a set back together again (as it was when you first bought it).

This little set really makes my point small playable inspiration to build the set into a few other models, Great set I wish I had it my town is going to need more vehicles.

I really miss main model instructions with alternate build idea's.

I can prodly say I own this little bugger. It's not much, but it is a nice addition to the series. They are also easy to build, so you can get a rally going quite fast. :thumbup:

Stauder.