Shadows

Fabuland Builders Guild - Discussion Thread

In an effort to resize all of our tags for consistency, I will be replacing the current Builder's Guild Tag with this, more subtle, version:

fbg.gif

In an effort to resize all of our tags for consistency, I will be replacing the current Builder's Guild Tag with this, more subtle, version:

Size doesn't matter.

fbg.gif

Ick. You'd need a magnifying glass to see that thing, especially being so light and non-contrasting. :hmpf_bad:

Ist there any chance of something reading FBG in the original colours?

Size doesn't matter.

I can't tell which side of the argument you're taking here. :tongue:

Can A fabuland Glossary be added please? :wacko:

A explanation of the "Fabuland Edge" would be nice...

Stauder

A explanation of the "Fabuland Edge" would be nice...

The Fabuland Edge is explained in this very thread, but for those of you who have short attention spans... :hmpf_bad:

The Fabuland Edge is the unexpected, and somewhat darker side of life, represented in sharp contrast to the bright and cheery nature of Fabuland.

For example: A parrot eating a chicken/turkey leg. Think about that for a minute. :look::oh3::oh::wacko::laugh:

See how that works? And yes, the :laugh: at the end is important, it's like getting the punchline to the joke. Unless it takes you too long, then we all know you didn't really get it and we're :laugh: ing at you.

Class dismissed!

The Fabuland Edge is explained in this very thread, but for those of you who have short attention spans... :hmpf_bad:

The Fabuland Edge is the unexpected, and somewhat darker side of life, represented in sharp contrast to the bright and cheery nature of Fabuland.

For example: A parrot eating a chicken/turkey leg. Think about that for a minute. :look::oh3::oh::wacko::laugh:

See how that works? And yes, the :laugh: at the end is important, it's like getting the punchline to the joke. Unless it takes you too long, then we all know you didn't really get it and we're :laugh: ing at you.

Class dismissed!

Should you really have to explain something like this to someone who wants to be a reporter? :wacko:

Should you really have to explain something like this to someone who wants to be a reporter? :wacko:

I was being kind, for the benefit of everyone else. Did you see the original form of this conversation? :laugh:

I was being kind, for the benefit of everyone else. Did you see the original form of this conversation? :laugh:

I am pulling out the old cape...

Also 2 words would have done "Dark Humor" :sceptic:

Staudie.

I am pulling out the old cape...

Also 2 words would have done "Dark Humor" :sceptic:

Staudie.

2 words, eh? "You're fired." :tongue:

Not to mention I hired you... :tongue:

I took over the show in a bloodless revolution, all part of my little plan for world domination, just as is always the tradition in these things. Now enough of that, back to Fabuland business! If you want to continue this, take it to the EB News Index where it belongs. :hmpf_bad:

Is anyone else as sad as I am to see that the Brothers Brick managed to headline a SirNadroj Fabuland creation before we got it here? :cry_sad:

Don't you love us anymore? :sad:

Replacement parts 3675 General Store

I was just playing around on replacement parts on the Lego website and for fun I put in Fabuland set 3675 and it accepted the number and the name "General Store" came up. I tried a few other Fabuland set numbers and the response was that it was not a valid Lego set. I could be just very hopeful or maybe Lego could be reissuing our favourite theme? Could it be? After all these years? Maybe it is coming back as a Lego Legend? Seems strange that suddenly a Fabuland set is recognised on replacement parts. Any ideas?

Replacement parts 3675 General Store

I was just playing around on replacement parts on the Lego website and for fun I put in Fabuland set 3675 and it accepted the number and the name "General Store" came up. I tried a few other Fabuland set numbers and the response was that it was not a valid Lego set. I could be just very hopeful or maybe Lego could be reissuing our favourite theme? Could it be? After all these years? Maybe it is coming back as a Lego Legend? Seems strange that suddenly a Fabuland set is recognised on replacement parts. Any ideas?

*huh* Oh wow! That would be so awesome. My hopes are sky high! I hope they're not dashed. Factory Fabuland re-releases On!

OMG Factory Fabuland! That would be awesome! Great idea Hinckley! If LEGO did bring back Fabuland what sets do you think they would bring back first? and what sets do you want the most to come back?

OMG Factory Fabuland! That would be awesome! Great idea Hinckley! If LEGO did bring back Fabuland what sets do you think they would bring back first? and what sets do you want the most to come back?

Well, the General Store would be awesome, but I also liked the Amusement Park, Big House and the Hotel or even the Mill with Shop. Sadly, the replacement parts page lists the set as the Gereral Store. :laugh: I just hope if they do re-release it, they use the characters with the normal eyes not the freaky googly ones.

3675-1.jpg

3681-1.jpg

3678-1.jpg

3672-1.jpg

3679-1.jpg

Well, the General Store would be awesome, but I also liked the Amusement Park, Big House and the Hotel or even the Mill with Shop. Sadly, the replacement parts page lists the set as the Gereral Store. :laugh: I just hope if they do re-release it, they use the characters with the normal eyes not the freaky googly ones.

Those are all terrific sets for sure. I actually was given set 3675 back in 89 as a gift from Lego Canada. I think it was because as they put it " one of their most avid fans". Actually it was probably because I was their biggest pain in the big behind! Oh well still have the set MIB so that is nice. I would love to see them bring back the Town Hall 350/140. Oh who am I kidding just bring them all back!

post-2504-1218327002.jpg

Edited by durge74

Pick a Brick has two Fabuland flowers available. Has anyone noticed this before? It's the first time I've seen it...

What do they look like?

Educate yourself in Fabuland before posting in this thread. :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

They look like this:

4728.jpg

Educate yourself in Fabuland before posting in this thread. :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

They look like this:

4728.jpg

Those are also on the rear of a well known pirateship :tongue:

And you've never put my hotrod in your stupid index... :hmpf_bad:

Those are also on the rear of a well known pirateship :tongue:

And you've never put my hotrod in your stupid index... :hmpf_bad:

Your face is a hotrod in a stupid index. Yell at Shadows, he's building that index...or add it yourself, Mr. Global Mod :tongue:

Pick a Brick has two Fabuland flowers available. Has anyone noticed this before? It's the first time I've seen it...

They've been using them regularly in buckets for a while, so it isn't too surprising. I have some trans blue ones that I've never found a good use for.

Still, this could be a sign of the return of Fabuland, just like the replacement parts find.

Let's get Sinner to start the appropriate thread! :laugh:

...or add it yourself, Mr. Global Mod :tongue:

Yeah, what he insulted! :tongue:

They've been using them regularly in buckets for a while, so it isn't too surprising. I have some trans blue ones that I've never found a good use for.

Still, this could be a sign of the return of Fabuland, just like the replacement parts find.

Indeed, the house-making bucket back from '06 featured a few Fabuland parts (i.e. doors, flowers), but I disagree with the return of Fabuland (not the hope - the reality. I just don't think it had a strong enough fan-base (apart from a few adult whackjobs ((just kidding))(((about the whackjobs, that is)))) for Lego to re-open the theme. Then again, I could be wrong.